Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I apologize if this has been brought up...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I apologize if this has been brought up...

But has the IRC server fallen into general disuse? I logged on today and found myself an op in #ffxionline.com.

We've got a few people in right now, though for the time being the channel has been temporarily renamed to #midgardsormr. :p

Do y'all care to get something established on your IRC server and try to get more people to come in? If so, I'd be willing to help.
    Madalynn
    37 WHM/20 BLM/18 SMN/11 MNK/10 WAR/ 10 THF
    Bastok Rank 5
    Fantasy Insanity, Curse the Yagudo, Vindicated

Re: I apologize if this has been brought up...

That's probably because the chanreg (dunno if that server does chanserv) on the server has been deleted due to inactivity; thus, there are no defined ownership/op/voice permissions.

Comment

I popped in there earlier today and was all alone. I'd be up for spending time in there if there were other folks though.

Comment

Originally posted by x1ang
        That's probably because the chanreg (dunno if that server does chanserv) on the server has been deleted due to inactivity; thus, there are no defined ownership/op/voice permissions.
        That would be understandable, but their IRCd has no services installed right now.
        I thought the server was just put up recently, but...

Originally posted by irc.ffxionline.com
        This server was created Sun Sep 18 2005 at 15:02:19 PDT
        Madalynn
        Bastok Rank 5

Comment

It's hardly ever used... forums > irc x)
          signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

actually yeah the IRC was up and running and quite few people in beginning, and evantually died out, because not much usage, but that IRC server is indeed running privatly on same server that runs this site, so any channel can be made and be used, if there's any hostile take over i can manually just reset it and obtain the OP status back to people who should keep it.

I used to have bots and services running, but I saw no use of them as there weren't any abusive members using it.

Perhaps if anyone wants to revive it i'll help out

Double Post Edited:
            Oh by the way.. to connect to IRC server it's, "irc.ffxionline.com" main channel is #ffxionline.com
            Last edited by PiNG; 05-05-2006, 12:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I wouldn't mind reviving it. :D If you could at least get Chanserv up again, then that would be great.
              Madalynn
              Bastok Rank 5

Comment

Working...
              X