X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gil-for-money farming getting out of hand

http://vnboards.ign.com/Shiva/b22573/75881766/?19

Referr to the above link. It is a translation of an JP post as far as i can tell.

The JP seem also to have become aware and concerned about the massive invasion of gil-for-money farmers and corps.

The extent to which this is happening is getting way out hand.

Also the list no doubt only reflect a small portion of it, as there are no doubt a lot more gil farmers out there that havnt been discovered.

I suspect that the future of MMORPGs will be significantly effected by these issues, as the exploitation and intrusion into the game has reached organized levels, which contrary to the limited and random individual farming-for-money previous seen, has significant destructive capacity on a game as a whole.

In the future a significant parameter for designing a MMORPG will be the counter measures against this.

We can only hope that the Game makers within the MMORPG market band together in a structure that will allow Massive intervention against the organization that preys on their games.

I'm surprised with the amount of information they gathered on that forum. I was dealing with the Ls group in beadeaux(sp?) yesterday with a friend. They definately speak english well ^^.

They got rather angry we were taking their ooze.

raexn:
    http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?9278

shmeeeee:
    http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?23348

Comment

i've talked to a few GMs about this and they pretty much told me they didnt care about any of the gil farming groups
      Beacause ten billion years' time is
      so fragile, so ephemeral...
      it arouses such bittersweet,
      almost heartbreaking fondness.

�ん�ら�
      ã?™ã??ã?Ÿã‚ˆ
      ����(´▽`)

Comment

Question :
        What do we need gils for?

To buy things.. what thing?
        A lvl 40 melee need to pay 400k for a sniper ring (at least in my server). WHy?? does it make any sense the price of a melee ring made to fit a lvl 40 but priced at 400k? What to do? earn it? how? whack gobs and orc for those small 50gils per kill, how long willl that take? ok camp easier stuff who drop similar value items.... how many are there??? if some gils farmer farmed them 24 hrs? how?? buy gils or live w/o them.... but it's lvl 40 stuff !

Why does the price rose so high? Basically, it's dropped from only few mob with extremely high non-drop rate plus crafting...(this is 1 example) another example is emp hairpin... if the game made it rare/exl....i highly doubt it'd be sooooo much camped after, leaving every single players who reached that lvl or more able to camp it themselves.

So what can be done??
        Root of problem - Remove such items...makes game in balanced??? make such items rare/exclusive then!!, so 1stly, it wouldn't make any sense for us to raise that amount of gils to buy it... we only need moderate amount of gils to play the game.

Example. neckchopper for war at lvl 20... they purposely designed such an item if you noticed.. it's a 'must have' for war at that lvl coz nothign comes close.... and it's not rare/exl... and guess how many mobs drop it and can it be soloed by lvl 20 war? SO i were to camp that NM 24hrs... and sell the axe to them..who would be most happy? suppose that axe is made rar/exl...i would be out of job then since i can't sell that stuff for gils.

SO,, w/o the need for gils.... there'll be lesser 'gils farmers' since there's no demand.

Demand and supply... do not blame the gils farmers. They will be there.. everywhere and anywhere, every game. You can't stop them.

You can't blame the croaches for crawling around your house if you dun keep your house clean.

Hope no one get offended by this reply.. it's just my thoughts.

Click to see my profile Whm/Blm

Click to see my profile Thf/Nin

Comment

There are a lot more Kiss on Seraph then just the two they listed. There's usually about four in Ghelsba hatcheting all the trees, and I saw one in Jeuno trying to sell Teleports too.

You can't blame them for selling gil, it's the people that buy it. And the original poster is a bit too concerned with the econimics of a virtual world.

Comment

Details
            06_Fenrir (wolf mackerel) Group01: V series (12 person? /Lv50)
            Activity base: ƒIƒ‹ƒf�[ƒ‹ [ Ordelle ]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These morons used to train the hell out of people in Garliage in their quest to get to 55 or so and as the poster stated are now parked up in Ordelle's perma-farming the Archer's Ring. It's becoming increasingly difficult to raise cash for upgrades now and this is only made worse by the fact these shitheads are hiking the price of items up even further anyway.

The GMs had the entire zone of Garliage petition them about the behaviour of Vblue, Vwhite, Vbrown, Vblack, etc but they did absolutely zero about it. Now, as they are farming Ordelle's 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, the GMs still do absolutely zero. :mad:

Comment

Hrrrmmm...and how many people said that gil farming wasn't a problem/wasn't going to become a problem about a month ago? Guess what. You were wrong and should have opened your eyes (sorry for 'rubbing' it in, but you guys deserved it). It's only going to get worse if nothing is done to stop this. I'm just glad most of these farmers can't get past lvl 50. It would REALLY suck if they could take on HNMs.

GM's really can't do anything. It's not within their power to act against the farmers. Higher up the chain in SE needs to figure something out.

Be like a Paladin.
              Take the hit, shrug it off, and ask if their mom hits any harder.

Comment

Originally posted by csBahamut
                Hrrrmmm...and how many people said that gil farming wasn't a problem/wasn't going to become a problem about a month ago? Guess what. You were wrong and should have opened your eyes (sorry for 'rubbing' it in, but you guys deserved it).
                Only thing you're rubbing anyone's nose in is yet another list of names. Sorry to rub that in.

Comment

it wouldn't be too bold a prediction to say that these farmers may end up taking a piece of the HNM pie...
                  Hi

Comment

Maybe. But one of the giveaways of them seems to be the fact that they're almost universally level 50 and rank 1. The "bother" of doing additional quests, such as the Limit quests seems to be one thing that's slowing them down somewhat. Hopefully that will keep them out of most HNM camps for the time being, and particularly out of Li'Telor (as the Sky Pass requires an incredible amount of work).

Then again, its not as if any of the Limit quests are all that time consuming once you get past the level 50 one (in particular, the papyrus drop).

Comment

" it wouldn't be too bold a prediction to say that these farmers may end up taking a piece of the HNM pie... "

I agree completely.. I'm on shiva and we have a group perma-camping Amemit 24/7, while hes nowhere near real HNM material this is still a big jump from when i first encountered this group "Windboy Gtorc etc" in Upper delkfutts 24/7 about 6 months ago ><;

I'm afraid they will move up to the easier yet very profitable HNM like serket, roc, simurgh. While they are considered HNM a big enough team with no strategy can take them out , so i hope they dont figure it out :mad: ..

BTW Amemit mantle's on shiva dropped to 10k last week now its hovering around 18k

Comment

More and more people are finally noticing. Maybe now that JP are feeling the affects more, something will be done.

Comment

Well i say that if the GM's can't/won't do anything about it and SE will not yet do anything about it, then its up to us to do something about it. Even if it means gathering everyone that is high enuff and go there and take those mobs that they are hunting endlessly and keep them from getting the goods. Then when they are out of that area, do not sell those items yet, keep them until u see that there are only a few left in the AH and then sell them for a ridicolous amount like for example an item going 10k normally gets hiked up to 20k, well when there is only like 2 left, put yours up for 5k and advertise the hell out of what you did. Then have others follow suit. This will bring the item to a price so low that the gil farmers will not benifit from farming those items. Then rinse and repeat for where ever they go. If all servers do this, we can force the gil farmers out of business and prove to the GM's and SE that we can take care of problems like this on our own. Then the game will return back to normal. Also maybe a sticky post should be made if not already done containing all the known and confirmed or suspicious gil farmers on all servers so that the FFXI community will know who to watch out for.

sorry thats just my opinion and I am sure I may start some flaming, but i just get hot when I read posts like this and all we as a whole can do is just sit back and complain about it when we should actually get out there and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!

Ice, Dark, Fire, & Thunder Staves Aquired
                          Genkai FINISHED!!
                          Maat finally went down.
                          All BLM AF1 - Acquired
                          All WHM AF1 - Acquired
                          Windurst Rank 7

Comment

#1 if you cant claim a mob faster than "gil-sellers" than its a problem you will have to figure out yourself. Don't blame them for camping a mob that you want, and then failing to claim faster than them... its entirely YOUR fault. And so youll say, "Oh, but if there were no gil-sellers camping the NM, then I wouldn't have any competition!!" yeah right... plenty of people go to a camp spot and see too many people camping, and leave. If those gil-sellers weren't there, someone else WOULD BE.

#2 If you get trained/MPKed by these gil-sellers, then report them to the GMs. If they don't get banned/suspended, blame it on the GMs.

Comment

Irinicus - they'll just buy whatever you put up for sale at a deflated price and resell it at a higher price. Same thing that they've done in other games (EQ for instance) in order to keep the prices at a level that's comfortable for them.

If the players make a big enough ruckus about this, SE will respond. This is particularly true if they think its going to cost them subscriptions. WoW is just around the corner and has a lot of good feedback coming from the testing that's going on. EQ2 is a lot quieter since it has an NDA in place (and the vague rumors I've heard haven't sounded encouraging lately), but the simple fact that it has the name Everquest on it guarantees that it'll attract some attention from players. Squenix has to be aware of these games, and the potential to cause losses in subscriptions, and so I suspect that right now they're particularly sensitive to suggestions that players are upset about a particular part of the game (particularly something like this that's solvable with some work and already against the Terms).

Comment

Working...
                              X