X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Warner Roadrunner prblm

Hey everyone!

I'm new to both FFXI and the forums.....really new....to the point where I have yet to play.

I keep getting the infamous POL-1160 error as I'm trying to download the ENORMOUS update that is needed. Sometimes I get to download for 20 minutes, other times, I dont get to download at all. Sometimes instead of POL-1160, I get 0250, 0008, and a whole other sprectra range of POLs. Anyway, I called the support and they told me about the TCP's I've been reading about on these forums, instructing me to call my ISP about it. My internet service provider, Time Warner Cable (Roadrunner), tells me that these ports are not closed. Nothing on my computer suggests that they are closed, seeing as its a brand new computer and my friend has checked it out for me.

After a second call, the service rep at Playonline tells me that Time Warner has been causing problems to other people, and that engineers from both sides are looking into it to fix it together.

Anyway, my question is, is there anyone else on these forums that has had the same problem with the Roadrunner connection? If so, did the service rep say the same thing? I'm kinda scared that the guy just said this to make me feel better and that I might never get to play....:-(

Thanks for any help....I'll keep you guys updated if this problem is ever resolved!

Re: Time Warner Roadrunner prblm

Time warner roadrunner really sucks that is why I am changing ISP

Comment

Thats a crock of bull. I've been using Time Warner Roadrunner for years and I can count the number of times it went down or issues I've had with it on one hand. It's the most stable internet connection I've ever used. SE just likes to push the blame on others.
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

If the ports were closed, I don't even think you could connect at all. The problem is probably on your end. Just be thankful that POL automatically checks for downloaded files so that you don't have redownload anything should you get disconnected.

TheCraft - Crafting Linkshell
        Personality Tests

Comment

necro 2 year old thread ftw!

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Working...
          X