This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save Crystal

What the hell does that thing do? I wouldn't think you can save in a MMORPG but...?
    PS2 HDD where are you??

it's not called saved crystal any more. It's now Home Point Crystal (HP) . It's where you start when you die. Unless you get revived. When you "Dezone" (Dejone), with black mage's spell you get teleported to your Home Point also.
    World: Ragnarok
    Characters:
    Ping-TaruTaru / Pong-Galka / Table-Mithra

Current Job Status:
    Ping: WHM25, BLM33, DRK50, MNK10, BST6, Others2
    Pong: DRG17, WAR10, MNK57, THF15
    Table: THF12

Current Play Time:
    Ping: 82Days 01:27:12
    Pong: 26Days 12:23:27
    Table: 02Days 06:23:50

World: Midgardsormr
    Characters:
    Table-Mithra

Current Job Status:
    Table: MNK1

Current Play Time:
    Table: 00Days 00:10:00

Comment

thats cool..was wondering if they were going to let none mages be able to port back..guess my question was answered before i even asked
      My sister has multi pesonalities, when she called me yesterday my caller ID blew up.

Comment

Can't you change them as you go along in the game?

Comment

There are many locations in the world. Especially at Towns and Some at Out Posts (There are out posts in certain parts of area)
          World: Ragnarok
          Characters:
          Ping-TaruTaru / Pong-Galka / Table-Mithra

Current Job Status:
          Ping: WHM25, BLM33, DRK50, MNK10, BST6, Others2
          Pong: DRG17, WAR10, MNK57, THF15
          Table: THF12

Current Play Time:
          Ping: 82Days 01:27:12
          Pong: 26Days 12:23:27
          Table: 02Days 06:23:50

World: Midgardsormr
          Characters:
          Table-Mithra

Current Job Status:
          Table: MNK1

Current Play Time:
          Table: 00Days 00:10:00

Comment

and if you weren't born in the kingdom your currently in, you get charged 100g's to use homepoint from the guards.
            |Elites|PLD75/RNG75/WAR37/NIN37/MNK54 Sandoria - Rank 10

Comment

Originally posted by Elite
              and if you weren't born in the kingdom your currently in, you get charged 100g's to use homepoint from the guards.

I'm not so sure about that one...I haven't paid anything at the towns...I think it's only at the outpost.

Comment

Re: Save Crystal

I simply thought that MMORPG's would be some sort of instant upload and save type thing. (the moment something haooens the server will save that change).
                Nice guys finish last...but since when was life a race

Comment

Originally posted by VyrusNine
                  I simply thought that MMORPG's would be some sort of instant upload and save type thing. (the moment something haooens the server will save that change).
                  Um, wth does that have to do with the original topic? and why are you posting on a nearly 3 year old thread?

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

LOL now that's a necro... lol... yay for newbies right taru? *quick in post before close* >.>
                    -Baka Inu!
                    Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
                    Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
                    Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
                    Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

Why do you think it's going to be closed? The ones to be closed are ones with some severe flaming or topic just completly went awry or people using it as a PM instead of actually using the PM.

Just an old thread we'll just keep stabbing it hope it dies away to archive >.>

/me readies his machette.

Though I am confused by VirusNine's post, did he not read all the other posts after the inital one? Sounds like he did not.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Who cares if im posting on an old thread... idk it was that old and i wanted feed back. Im not that far off topic (the method i stated is used in other MMORPG's and does not require a save crystal) and if i am its because I was using 3 windows at once on this site. so excuse you.
                        Nice guys finish last...but since when was life a race

Comment

Well the game doesn't use Save Crystals, those Crystals are for setting Home Points. So if you die and return to Home Point you go back to were the crystal is. Other MMORPGs actually have this same setup in one method or another, WoW when you die you can go to last graveyard you visit or nearest one forgot now how that worked. In ones like UO when you die you are returned to the nearest city, FFXI is doing the similar idea just they are controlling how it returns you.

Returning to a set Home Point (HP) makes it were players can't cheat their way to a town they have to survive the trip all the way through or have someone help them through it in one method or another.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Originally posted by VyrusNine
                            Im not that far off topic (the method i stated is used in other MMORPG's and does not require a save crystal)
                            it is if you actually read the thread
                            and if i am its because I was using 3 windows at once on this site. so excuse you.
                            so it's our fault you got confused? ... orz

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Gotta love nearly 3 year old threads being revived!
                              Odude
                              PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                              RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                              SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Working...
                              X