Weekly Quiz!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Quiz!

As an incentive to pay attention to the details in the campaign world, I'm going to start doing weekly quizzes in between sessions. These quizzes will contain 3 questions each and will be accompanied by exp rewards for correct answers.

This week's quiz!

1. What is the name of the Inn Keeper who was introduced at the end of last session?
    Worth 100xp

2. What type of Dragon is Yaggerbad?
    Worth 150xp

3. What is the name of lord to whom the Inn Keeper is taking you?
    Worth 250xp

You must each answer independently of one another and I will only accept your first answer for each question. Precede each of your answers with FINAL ANSWER.

This is not multiple choice, spelling does not count, I will answer no inquiries about these questions and YES... I have given you these answers in the previous session. If you were paying attention closely, you'll know them.

I will award experience once everyone has given their final answers.

Begin!

EDIT: Send all Final Answers in a PM to me... to avoid others copying your answers.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Re: Weekly Quiz!

So this is where I'm going to make up for all the combat exp I might miss out on...
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
      So this is where I'm going to make up for all the combat exp I might miss out on...
      Damn... now cid will remain in the shadows eatting his Cheetos on ALL of our fights...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
      As an incentive to pay attention to the details in the campaign world, I'm going to start doing weekly quizzes in between sessions. These quizzes will contain 3 questions each and will be accompanied by exp rewards for correct answers.

This week's quiz!

1. What is the name of the Inn Keeper who was introduced at the end of last session?
      Worth 100xp

2. What type of Dragon is Yaggerbad?
      Worth 150xp

3. What is the name of lord to whom the Inn Keeper is taking you?
      Worth 250xp

You must each answer independently of one another and I will only accept your first answer for each question. Precede each of your answers with FINAL ANSWER.

This is not multiple choice, spelling does not count, I will answer no inquiries about these questions and YES... I have given you these answers in the previous session. If you were paying attention closely, you'll know them.

I will award experience once everyone has given their final answers.

Begin!

EDIT: Send all Final Answers in a PM to me... to avoid others copying your answers.
      Do we post the answers here or PM them to you? If we post here, once someone answers correctly, no one else can get the XP, is that correct?
      75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
      RANK 10 Bastok
      CoP: Done
      ZM: Done
      ToA: Done
      Assault rank: Captain
      Campaign Medal: Medals
      Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
      This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
        Damn... now cid will remain in the shadows eatting his Cheetos on ALL of our fights...
        Only the ones where you guys decide to completely abandon me and not give me a valid in-character reason to rejoin.

Comment

Do we post the answers here or PM them to you? If we post here, once someone answers correctly, no one else can get the XP, is that correct?
          Reading comprehension FTW

- - - Updated - - -

Send all Final Answers in a PM to me... to avoid others copying your answers.
          - - - Updated - - -

Everyone will be awarded for their answers independently of one another. If you all answer correctly, you all get rewarded.

Comment

Reading comprehension FTW

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -
            I replied before you edited with the send to you in a PM dickweed...
            RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

If that were true, it wouldn't be in your quote.

- - - Updated - - -

Forum mechanics don't lie.

- - - Updated - - -

It was fully edited before anyone posted anything.

Comment

Only the ones where you guys decide to completely abandon me and not give me a valid in-character reason to rejoin.
                LOL... armando and fire did we not ask him to rejoin???

- - - Updated - - -

If that were true, it wouldn't be in your quote.

- - - Updated - - -

Forum mechanics don't lie.

- - - Updated - - -

It was fully edited before anyone posted anything.

Administrators create lies! I guess i misse dit since it was in red, lol...
                RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

We've found the Naked Action Wizard's weakness: reading comprehension.

Comment

We've found the Naked Action Wizard's weakness: reading comprehension.
                    true that.
                    RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

LOL... armando and fire did we not ask him to rejoin???
                      Out of character you did. Never once did the party inform the guards that there was another of your group who was unaccounted for. Cid made the right in-character choice to follow at a safe distance and remain hidden. His character would have had no way of knowing if the guards were hostile or friendly... or any of the dialog that the party had with them. For all he knew, you were being led out into the woods to be executed. Had a member of the party spoken up and either outed him or gave him the "alls clear" it would have been a sign for him to regroup.

Playing in-character using out-of-character information is called Metagaming and is frowned upon. Cid has made it clear from the beginning that he intends to operate his character exclusively with in-game information.

Thinking in character for a moment, would you allow your character to emerge from the woods to re-join his party who are currently under the charge of guards you have known to previously attack you on sight without first knowing if the coast was clear?

- - - Updated - - -

Mezlo: In regards to your PM. Are those your final answers?

Comment

Out of character you did. Never once did the party inform the guards that there was another of your group who was unaccounted for. Cid made the right in-character choice to follow at a safe distance and remain hidden. His character would have had no way of knowing if the guards were hostile or friendly... or any of the dialog that the party had with them. For all he knew, you were being led out into the woods to be executed. Had a member of the party spoken up and either outed him or gave him the "alls clear" it would have been a sign for him to regroup.
                        The problem is that it was established we weren't aware of Cid's presence. Once the decision to head out without him was made, there was nothing any of us could've done to invite him back in without metagaming. And I wasn't exactly expecting that we'd be roped into a dungeon immediately after finding the guard corpses.

Comment

Yeah, I figured we'd end up in a city at some point and we'd reconvene in a tavern rather inconspicuously.

You know, just wander in and be all "Oh hey I haven't seen you guys in months. What've you all been up to". Then I'd be able to find out about the guards and rejoin without drawing suspicion and outing myself as being responsible for any of the Turtullia shenanigans you guys were suspected of.
                          Last edited by cidbahamut; 07-13-2012, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Thinking in character for a moment, would you allow your character to emerge from the woods to re-join his party who are currently under the charge of guards you have known to previously attack you on sight without first knowing if the coast was clear?
                            Those guards never attacked us, we already came to the conclusion it was a rogue band of city guards. Also, when we got to the large monument and got attacked by the gargoyles and saw the soldiers were siding with us by defending themselves and not attacking us, that's when I would've joined in, yes. I would've stayed back, but once attacked by the gargoyles I would've joined in the frey.

- - - Updated - - -

You know, just wander in and be all "Oh hey I haven't seen you guys in months. What've you all been up to?"
                            "Nothing much, just killing gargoyles and rescueing fairies, you?"
                            RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

"Nothing much, just killing gargoyles and rescueing fairies, you?"
                              I lold @ this

Comment

Working...
                              X