Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D&D

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
    I would make it that cut and dry if I could count on you guys bringing the girl back. I'm not writing anything into stone yet... you guys are largely unpredictable. I wouldn't put it past you to test out the effects of hypothermia that I wrote out by tying her up outside the cave like a wild animal.

Armando... L/G or not... has been lacking in the authority department.

Mezlo: "I want to have sex with the duke's daughter"
    Cid: "Dude..."
    Firewind: "Did the Duke specify what condition she needs to be returned in? I don't think we can guarentee her not to be pregnant"
    Cid: "DUDE!"
    Mezlo: "I roll to see if I get her pregnant"
    Yyg: "Roll for Disable Device to unhook her Bra"
    Cid: "DUDE!!!!"
    Mezlo: "1"
    Yyg: "You got yourself pregnant instead, Grats"
    Cid: "...dude..."
    Firewind: "Classic"
    Armando: "Actually. They didn't wear Bras back then. They wore corsetts. Also... Pathfinder rules state that because she's prone, he wouldn't need to roll to succeed. She loses her Dex bonus, Armor Bonus and Mezlo gains a +32 because of (insert ridiculoud list of rules here). So he wouldn't fail."
    Cid: "..."
    Yyg: "Armando. Reflex check."
    Wait...so am I the authority figure now because I'm the only one with any motivation to get the princess returned unharmed?

Oh man, we are in trouble...
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Murph specified that his character wasn't pushy... but as a general rule... players of a L/G alignment tend to act that way.

L/G, TN and C/E are the 3 hardest alignments to play because of the strict requirements of their behavior.

Allow me to provide you with some examples:

Example 1:

Example 2:

Example 3:

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
      99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
      99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Murph specified that his character wasn't pushy... but as a general rule... players of a L/G alignment tend to act that way.
        Pushy towards being lawful and good, sure. But I don't think the group acted unlawful or non-good at any point. That's why I asked if Kobolds are inherently evil, to make sure my character wasn't doing anything he wouldn't approve of. Otherwise I would've applied first aid to any beaten Kobolds that weren't already dead. EDIT: To be clear, that was my train of thought before I knew they were holding the girl captive. At the end it was clear that they were up to no good.

If you can cite examples of times where I should've been more lawful I'd love to hear it so I can take note of it for future occasions.
        Originally posted by cidbahamut
        Wait...so am I the authority figure now because I'm the only one with any motivation to get the princess returned unharmed?
        My character is obliged to bring her back safely, even without incentives. It's the lawful thing to do.
        Last edited by Armando; 05-29-2012, 11:19 AM.

Comment

I still don't really buy into the idea that playing True Neutral is really difficult.

It's really easy

Comment

You can't call yourself True Neutral if you shoot first.

Comment

You want some ointment for that burn?

Comment

Saw this on facebook today

And if we're linking alignment charts, these are my favorites:

Firefly
                Game of Thrones
                Mixed
                lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I the Firefly one! XD

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Alright. So. I have a 5th player who shall remain nameless until our next session.

However. He currently DMs his own campaign on the same day that we do. he even alternates biweekly like we do.

In an effort to combat this... I wonder if the 4 of you who remain would be ok with pushing this next upcoming session forward to this Saturday instead of next. We would still be running biweekly sessions... but this would make it so that both of our campaigns don't collide... and he'll be able to participate in ours without consequence.

Whats the word?

Comment

Won't your wife try to kill you?

Comment

She works on Saturdays already anyway. As long as I wait until 4:00 to start and make sure we're done by 8:00, she won't have a problem with it.

Comment

I'm ok with moving the next session up to this coming Saturday so long as it doesn't get you in trouble. I'd like the campaign to last longer than three sessions.

Comment

Ill just make doubly sure and propose the idea to her over dinner and footrubs. This plan... it is bulletproof.

Comment

I'm going camping this coming weekend. And come to think of it the weekend after that is when my fiancé is coming to visit. Ffff-

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                              Ffff-ail

Comment

Guess i wont come to Boston thus weekend, Yyg.

Comment

Working...
                                X