Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: General Discussion

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
    I need to remember to pick up a pint or two 8 pints for Saturday.
    fixed. and what will be the beverage of choice?
    75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
    RANK 10 Bastok
    CoP: Done
    ZM: Done
    ToA: Done
    Assault rank: Captain
    Campaign Medal: Medals
    Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
    This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Well I'm planning to go with Arrogant Bastard and a local microbrew whose name I cannot recall at the moment. I somehow doubt I'll make my way through eight pints in a single session, but if people want to recommend me stuff I'll see about picking some up and hoarding it for future sessions.
      Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
      Name: Drjones
      Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Bitburger brewery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you ever get the chance, stock up on this. It's highly recommended even if you don't like pilsners.

Nearly bought so much from the duty free when coming home from Germany, I couldn't get it through UK customs.
        Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
        Reiko Takahashi
        - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I'll grab some for Saturday Fire... I only have 3 extra IPA's by Sierra Nevada left...

BevMo! - Bitburger Pils

- - - Updated - - -

The Tower extra IPA was good though Cid, I'd recommend that as a try.
          RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

Dammit now I want to go back to Germany just to buy more of the stuff.

Bitburger Pils 500Ml - Groceries - Tesco Groceries

£2.05 or $3.22 for 1 500ml bottle
            £5 or $7.84 for 3 500ml bottles

500ml = roughly 40oz

That's sort of expensive XD
            Reiko Takahashi
            Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

$11 for a 6 pack
              RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

What time GMT are we starting tomorrow?

Comment

4pm EST so 9pm BST
                  Reiko Takahashi
                  Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

4-9pm EST, yes. Whatever that translates to you for. SO about 2 hours later than we started last week.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

NP sounds good will have my feats sorted by then

Comment

Don't worry if you need more time we can just ask a grappling question.
                        Reiko Takahashi
                        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

It's a good thing I have the office to myself today, otherwise I might get in trouble for laughing so hard.

Comment

I'm making this post for Jarre's sake but if anyone else can take anything from this then that's great too.

Basically I'm going to talk alignment. For the sake of brevity (and the fact that the internet had a ton of guides on this anyway), I'm just going to give my views on alignment (and also why I'm glad that it was both streamlined and also doesn't matter for any sort of game mechanic in 4th Edition D&D)

Now, the most common mistake people make with alignment is simply this: "My character is X so I must do Y" which is the single worst way of going about it. Alignment is not what makes your character. Alignment is basically your character's moral and ethical outlook and is basically what comes from your character's back story, personality and how they would react in any given situation. You take all of this then see what alignment best fits that. My character is a selfish Thief with no understanding of the concept of "fighting fairly" that does good in spite of her greed, Chaotic Good fits there. Cid's character is the cautious type who doesn't seem to care for much other than himself and his next pay cheque. That pretty much screams True Neutral right there.

The big rookie mistake is doing it the other way around trying to make alignment determine personality. In this case you pretty much end up with this. Funnily enough the hardest alignments to roleplay are Lawful Good and Chaotic Neutral purely because a lot of people make the mistake of basing personalities around it (or so they can do what they want in the case of Chaotic Neutral).

One mistake people do seem to forget is alignment can change as a character's outlook and personality changes. The best example of this would be Han Solo in the Star Wars Expanded universe. He starts out as a True Neutral mercenary who only cares about one person: Han Solo. However in the novels and comic books he has developed into a genuinely heroic character who turns into a pretty decent depiction of Chaotic Good overall.

Honestly? This is the most simple way that I have found to explain alignment (courtesy of TvTropes):

TvTropes has some very good summaries of character alignment so I will be linking those for each of the 9 alignment (plus some characters that IMHO, fit the alignment):

Character Alignment - Television Tropes & Idioms
                            Lawful Good - Television Tropes & Idioms - Superman, Paragon Commander Shepard, Captain Picard, Worf
                            Neutral Good - Television Tropes & Idioms - Captain Kirk, Luke Skywalker, Harry Potter,
                            Chaotic Good - Television Tropes & Idioms - Batman, Qui Gon Jinn, Chewbacca, The Doctor, Tidus and Rikku from FFX
                            Lawful Neutral - Television Tropes & Idioms - Jedi in general, Judge Dredd, Boba Fett, Miko from Order of the Stick, badly roleplayed Lawful Good characters, Traffic Wardens
                            True Neutral - Television Tropes & Idioms - Lara Croft (1st iteration), Cloud Strife, Han Solo (in the films)
                            Chaotic Neutral - Television Tropes & Idioms - Captain Jack Sparrow, Dr. House, Tyler Durden, Q, pretty much the entire crew of the Red Dwarf, Prishe from FFXI
                            Lawful Evil - Television Tropes & Idioms - Darth Vader, Lex Luthor, Sauron, Tywin Lannister, Two-Face, Old Republic era Sith
                            Neutral Evil - Television Tropes & Idioms - The Master, Emperor Palpatine, Edmund Blackadder, Aria from Mass Effect, Sith in general.
                            Chaotic Evil - Television Tropes & Idioms - The Joker, Darth Maul, HK-47 from Knights of the Old Republic, Kefka, Sephiroth, badly roleplayed chaotic neutral characters.
                            Reiko Takahashi
                            Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Bitburger: GET!

Comment