Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agito XIII and Versus XIII leaked gameplay

The Final Fantasy Trailers You Weren't Supposed To See

that really looks amazing, especially Agito and its updated HUD. Confirms chocobo riding too! Very exciting to see a new war-based FF! Really looks like a huge conflict between kingdoms/nations!

Re: Agito XIII and Versus XIII leaked gameplay

Best game ever right? So much better then that XIV shit huh?
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

nuuuuu,

they just look kind of good. But definitely only 20% the quality and content of FFXIV!

Comment

I'm really looking forward to playing both games.

The trailers from AC:Complete were just that awesome.
        sigpic
        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Versus looks mighty fine. Dirge of Cerberus gameplay on FFXIV engine?

Comment

None of these games play well. They're just to entertain with flashy movies. I'm kind of depressed at the way FF series is heading. It's no longer RPG and moving into the realm of FPS and Action titles. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see an FF Super Brawl or something similar (lol Bouncer)

Not sure why they're messing with the formula. They just need to not release it so often and people will want to buy it. Release 2 or 3 titles every year and you're just dragging a respected IP through the mud and into the toilet.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
              Not sure why they're messing with the formula. They just need to not release it so often and people will want to buy it.
              Well the name alone is a cash cow so just slapping it on shit gets them money. The games are just the advertisement too, the merchandise is where the money is at.
              Originally posted by Feba
              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
              Originally posted by DakAttack
              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni
                None of these games play well. They're just to entertain with flashy movies.
                Right, because you've played them.

You think they just started messing with "the formula" lately? Try the last twenty years, that would be a more accurate time estimate.

Final Fantasy always has and always will be about reinvention. Tradition is what Dragon Quest is for. There are also plenty of traditional JRPGs out there, but if you really want them, I suggest you stop clinging to an HD console to hopel they'll happen.

Comment

Tabata described Agito as "a major title that's formed from a variety of concepts" These include the following.

* Collision of four fantasies (the world view)
                  * Killing match between magic and weapons (battle)
                  * The Ordinary and Unordinary (the two sides of reality)

Tabata also says,

Quote: Because pretty much nothing has been revealed about Agito, players are probably unable to get a grasp on the game and are thus unable to look forward to it. However, we'll be releasing information next year, and all members of the team are putting their all into development, thinking that it will end up being widely anticipated. We're making it into a game that will exceed everyone's expectations.

He tells people who are interested in Agito to also check out The Third Birthday saying that while they are two different games in terms of content, the core of what the staff can do on PSP in terms of gameplay is similar between the two.

And finally, he says that The Third Birthday Twitter has slowed down because he's been busy working on Agito now.

Comment

None of these games play well. They're just to entertain with flashy movies. I'm kind of depressed at the way FF series is heading. It's no longer RPG and moving into the realm of FPS and Action titles
                    You mean you like it when games have no interactivity beyond selecting from menus?
                    sigpic

Comment

Bah! I wish the battle system for the FF games would go back to where it originally was, turn based, or at least some what like FF12. Why change something that works, and draws a crowd? Why fix it if it ain't broke?

Comment

Because they ought to keep on making sure there are innovations for the next game, to keep things new and original. If you want to play the same old stuff, there is always the remakes.

Why don't we keep on making stories about 4 generic heroes finding crystals while we're at it?
                        sigpic

Comment

Straight from two and a half months ago?

SE needed some positive publicity. They didn't intend for this to not get out.

Comment

To me it all started when they sold out the real FFXII to Microsoft (yep, talking about the Last Remnant for the 100th time) and made that gameplay abomination from Dalmasca to replace it.

So if these games fail that's bye bye SE for this gamer.
                            sigpic
                            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
                              None of these games play well. They're just to entertain with flashy movies. I'm kind of depressed at the way FF series is heading. It's no longer RPG and moving into the realm of FPS and Action titles. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see an FF Super Brawl or something similar (lol Bouncer)
                              Am I the only one here for feels some of the more action, or at least faster paced games is a step in the right direction? Citing FFX-2, Crisis Core and XIII as examples of fast-paced combat done well. So long as SE doesn't sacrifice plot (which lately they have been, wtf SE) or traditional character growth, the series will do just fine if not even better.

X-2 and 13 in particular were both on the right track using the job system or elements of it to mix up gameplay on the fly. I'm sure SE will continue to refine this.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                              To me it all started when they sold out the real FFXII to Microsoft (yep, talking about the Last Remnant for the 100th time) and made that gameplay abomination from Dalmasca to replace it.
                              Thank You. Dear God it's hard to find other people who loved TLR. Kinda kicking myself for not picking up that used copy I saw for $10 though. I honestly wasn't sure if I'd ever find time for it and when I finally made up my mind, sadly it was gone

Not that TLR didn't have it's own problems (there were a lot of issues with that game) but I strongly believe SE was on the verge of something truly promising. If they did the next FFT in TLR's Legions style gameplay, but keep in some of the better elements (ditch the whole battle chain shit for starts, I hate how enemies get stronger the more you fight wtf and let us manage our own gear again) it'd be an instant blockbuster.
                              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X