X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.21 Gigawatts!!!!!

Telltale's Back to the Future is off to a good start- Destructoid

Not much else to say, but here are some important bullet-points

- Bob Gale, the writer of the trilogy, is working with Telltale games on the story
    - Lloyd and Fox will be reprising their roles as Doc Brown and Marty McFly
    - Five episodes
    - The year, obviously, is 1985.

Its still my favorite trilogy of all time, so I'm excited Telltale is making this.

Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 09-01-2010, 12:22 PM.

Re: 1.21 Gigawatts!!!!!

Nike files patent for 'Back to the Future' sneakers | Crave - CNET

Back to the Future related news Shoes.
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Its still my favorite trilogy of all time, so I'm excited Telltale is making this.
      ironicly these were just on TV. i watched em all. Part II is still the best imo. not a big fan of Part III
      99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
      -Farsha (90) Completed!!
      -Verth (90) Completed!!
      -Guttler (95) Completed!
      -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
      -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
      -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Figures there's a Blu-Ray collection around the corner, 25th anniversary this year.

Comment

I knew from the title of the thread and lol'd.
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Debut Trailer is up, first episode available this month on PC, Mac, iPad and PS3:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkUlM0OyGYw]YouTube - Back to the Future: The Game Exclusive Debut Trailer[/ame]

Comment

woooo, cant wait
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Turns out due to scheduling conflicts Fox isn't reprising Marty after all, but they got this kid that sounds exactly like Marty would so its all good.

Tom Wilson actually turned down the chance to reprise Biff and other members of the Tannen clan, claiming to project was too "low quality."

Kinda snotty since being Biff is practically all he's still known for. He's not known for his stand-up.
                Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 12-03-2010, 06:03 AM.

Comment

So. Did anyone buy it?

I'm seeing it right now on Steam for $22.49, and since I liked Poker Night I'm seriously thinking about buying at least the first installment. But I'm still on the fence and there's no Metacritic score yet to save me in case it sucks.

Opinions?
                  sigpic
                  "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                  Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Here's a review:

Review: Back to the Future: The Game, Episode 1- Destructoid

The short of it is that it starts off easy, doesn't really do a lot to shake up the movie formula - but all things considered as a starting point that's a good thing. In fact, the only difference between this and the movies is Strickland is replaced by his older sister as the disciplinarian of Hill Valley's high school in the 1930s, slacker.

The only downside seems to be that while he does his best, Christopher Lloyd just sounds too old to play 80's Doc Brown or 30's Doc. Everyone else hand-picked to replace the original cast seem to duplicate their roles perfectly.

So its off to a good start, at the very least. I don't know if I'd expect anything that really rocks the boat in terms of plot, though BTTF's humor really thrives upon familiarity anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X