No announcement yet.

360 Slim - Holy crap Pachter was RIGHT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 360 Slim - Holy crap Pachter was RIGHT!

Rumor: Xbox 360 Slim and Kinect outed by Microsoft ad | Joystiq

Rumor: Xbox 360 Slim and Kinect outed by Microsoft ad

by Ben Gilbert on Jun 13th 2010 7:43PM

An alleged Italian Microsoft ad, originally found on Console Tribe, seems to have revealed a slim Xbox 360 alongside a renamed Project Natal, touting a 250GB HDD, built-in WiFi (it's the future!), and compatibility with "Kinect" -- presumably the new name for Natal. The advertisement leads back to the Italian Microsoft site and the source of the page tells us that Atlas Solutions -- a Microsoft-owned ad company -- pushed the image automatically to the site.

We've checked in with Microsoft to see if the news is legit, but we're not expecting much before tonight's Project Natal Cirque du Soleil "spectacular." In the meantime, you can check out the ad embedded after the break.

Update: The ad we embedded after the break seems to have been pulled, so we've added a video in its place.

My 360 has been giving me nothing but grief for the last 8 months... but at least it's under warranty. Still, this a very kick ass upgrade when the time comes. Also considering picking up a 2nd PS3 at some point as my current one has started to (finally) act up on me a little with the overheating... though that could just be a dirty fan. That, and a 60 HDD will not cut it for XIV.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Re: 360 Slim - Holy crap Pachter was RIGHT!

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
    Also considering picking up a 2nd PS3 at some point as my current one has started to (finally) act up on me a little with the overheating...
    While we're passing out E3 Easter Eggs... E3 2010: 500GB PS3 Move bundle coming - ComputerAndVideoGames.com
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Am I the only one that hears "360 Slim" and thinks "awesome, even less air circulation for maximum overheating"?
      Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
      Name: Drjones
      Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
        Am I the only one that hears "360 Slim" and thinks "awesome, even less air circulation for maximum overheating"?
        I thought that same exact thing when I saw it. Hopefully it'll be Liquid Nitrogen cooled.
        {New Sig in the works}
        -----------------------
        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
        "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
        Originally posted by Solymir
        What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

built-in WiFi (it's the future!),
          finally!! lol ive but off hooking my xbox up wirelessly cuz i dont want to dish out the $150 or what ever it is for the damn adapter...which also makes it a reason to upgrade ^_^

But the over heating is a consern i share with the rest of you. But what Durah said i hope its hitrogen cooled as well otherwise probably will be an issue.

Comment

WOW @ the PS3 link holy shit....

Better Wi-Fi + 500 GB HDD? Hell yes.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
              Supposedly has larger vents for heat release, but I'm not saying that fixes everything.

As far as Pachter being right, "even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while".
              "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

The link about the 500 GB PS3 Move bundle is broken.

What was the price point and why to I feel like its bringing the PS3 closer back to its original pricepoint and beyond?

So far Kinect his been epic fail. MS totally missed the point of motion control, taking it from its intended ability to make things easier to understand and make them both embarassing and intimidating at the same time.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

The link about the 500 GB PS3 Move bundle is broken.

What was the price point and why to I feel like its bringing the PS3 closer back to its original pricepoint and beyond?

So far Kinect his been epic fail. MS totally missed the point of motion control, taking it from its intended ability to make things easier to understand and make them both embarassing and intimidating at the same time.

Comment

360 slime? .....lol yeah thats a great idea -.-
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

It was working earlier.

They're updating the onboard Wi-Fi so it's wireless N instead of b/g. That's a pretty big fucking deal for those who don't know.

And I'm trying to watch the kinetic stuff over at GT but the sight is hella laggy right now. Spike has live coverage of E3 tonight with GT around 8 EST I thinks so I'm gonna tune into that.

Nintendo (lol) and Sony's conferences are Wednesday, MS is tomorrow. And I lol @ Nintendo only because every year their E3 showing is totally pathetic, they always save their good stuff for Space World. Makes you wonder why they even bother.
                    sigpic

Comment

they always save their good stuff for Space World.
                      Yeah, just like they've done for the past 9 years.

Oh wait, the last Space World was in 2001.

It's not like Nintendo doesn't have a new Legend of Zelda to show off, and potentially Pikmin 3. The Vitality Sensor could also turn out to be quite a bit more interesting than most people gave it credit for.

That's a pretty big fucking deal for those who don't know.
                      No it isn't.

Comment

Just saw the Xbox360 Slim pics on Ars. It looks pretty nice, fits into most people's all black entertainment systems. Whisper Quiet is pretty cool too. But for $300 dollars? I think I'll wait till mine dies and the price drops before picking one up.

This is the very definition of perceived obsolecence.
                        Burning questions are burning: Is jenova_9 really a girl and is she cute? Does she talk like that in real life?

Burning.

This is why I J9: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/off...otionally.html

http://selenagomez.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                          No it isn't.
                          Yes it is. N is a hell of a lot faster than G or B.

And whatever they call it now, I honestly forget but it's Nintendo's Summer show they always do. They never have anything good to show @ E3.
                          sigpic

Comment

And whatever they call it now, I honestly forget but it's Nintendo's Summer show they always do.
                            ...TGS?

Yes it is. N is a hell of a lot faster than G or B.
                            Which is completely irrelevant. You do realize that your router's speed doesn't affect your internet connection unless it's slow enough to be a bottleneck which, another hint, it's almost certainly not. Even if you've got access to a T# line, it still doesn't matter for shit because lag in online games is largely because of slow and distant peers. About the nicest you could ever hope to see out of this is SLIGHTLY faster downloads from the shop, and that's only if you have internet which is ridiculously fast to the point where it is not available residentially and the shop itself doesn't cap download speed and none of the other servers along the way are bottlenecks either.

tl;dr: Maybe Richie Rich gives a shit, but nobody else should.

Comment

Working...
                            X