No announcement yet.

Have you got FFXIII yet? Whatcha think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you got FFXIII yet? Whatcha think?

Has anyone got it yet and if so, how is it so far? Graphics, music, gameplay, etc... And please only post if it is YOUR game that YOU bought and YOU are currently playing. No translated versions, watching through a media source allowed. I'm going to pick it up at lunch and plan on playing it tonight after my FFXI static. Can't wait!
    75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
    RANK 10 Bastok
    CoP: Done
    ZM: Done
    ToA: Done
    Assault rank: Captain
    Campaign Medal: Medals
    Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
    This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Re: Have you got FFXIII yet? Whatcha think?

Mine was delivered to my UPS box earlier, so I'll pick it up at lunch and then try clock a few hours in when I get home. Gotta clock in at least an hour on Bad Company before I start on FFXIII or I won't ever finish my unlocks. ;_;
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

I have it and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I'm about four hours into it and the only complaint I have so far is that they went back to an archaic random encounter system similar to that from "Tales of..." or Persona.

Basically you go:

Get ambushed by unavoidable mob
      Transition Screen
      One shot the single fodder mob
      Victory dances
      Results screen
      Get ambushed by another single mob you didn't see
      Transition Screen
      One shot the single fodder mob
      Victory dances
      Results screen
      Get the drop on a huge group of mobs.
      Transition Screen
      Watch the overly long pre-emtive strike animation for every single mob.
      One shot the groups of fodder mobs with Llighning's AoE attacks.
      Victory dances
      Results screen
      *Sigh and wish Squeenix never listened to the antiFFXII fanboys pissing and moaning about no random encounters*
      Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
      Reiko Takahashi
      - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I was alittle over 12 hours into it, and on disk 2of3, to be honest, I don't care for it all that much, not to spend 59.99 anyway.

I will get it one day, when the price of it drops a good bit, but as for now, no

I stopped playing it and I wont be playing it again until I get my own copy later (copy I am playing now is on loan from my boss)

In fact I plan on canceling my preorder, because I do not plan on buying it any time soon.

==Good==
        Its pretty
        its music is nice
        the story is good
        interesting leveling system

==Bad==
        Your forced to only control one character, battles are way to automated, and boring

Summons transforming.... I just don't like this concept at all, even after seeing it, I still don't like it.

The game is to liner, and no towns (don't care what SEs excuse is) really hurts the game
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

I'm actually tired of the no towns pissing and whining. Seriously, the only FF games with towns worth exploring for purposes other than plot advancement are FFVIII, FFXI (for obvious reasons) and FFXII.

In any other FF game the only reason you ever visit a town is for plot advancement and maybe check the shops if you are a bit underlevelled. FFX and FFX-2 functionally had no towns yet they got along fine as games. You never even looked at most of the towns in the other FF games unless you had to go there for plot reasons. Why, really would you want Squeenix to make a bunch of needless areas to explore just to shut up the whining of an idiotic fanbase who will pick holes in any FF game that isn't thier favourite when they will lose money i nthe long run?
          Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
          Reiko Takahashi
          - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
          Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
            the only FF games with towns worth exploring for purposes other than plot advancement are FFVIII, FFXI (for obvious reasons) and FFXII.
            Bitches apparently didn't play FFIX.

Don't mind me, I'll just be over here in Treno entering a Tetra Master tournament, fighting a caged up monster under a weapons shop, bidding on ridiculous shit at the auction and handing over coins to some crazy duck bitch.

Enjoy your rollercoaster of random battles against helpless enemies.
            Last edited by Tickmeoff; 03-09-2010, 09:37 AM. Reason: Also Gold Saucer.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

Originally posted by Tickmeoff View Post
              Bitches apparently didn't play FFIX.

Don't mind me, I'll just be over here in Treno entering a Tetra Master tournament, fighting a caged up monster under a weapons shop, bidding on ridiculous shit at the auction and handing over coins to some crazy duck bitch.

Enjoy your rollercoaster of random battles against helpless enemies.
              I agree. I like the town in the FF games. There was usually stuff to do in them. Kinda miss the Tetra master though... Your making me want to pick up FFVIII again lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
                I agree. I like the town in the FF games. There was usually stuff to do in them. Kinda miss the Tetra master though... Your making me want to pick up FFVIII again lol.
                screw that play the on in POL, it rocks... granted I have not touched it myself in about 5 years -.-

Comment

Well... I'll buy it. I plan on getting the 360 version cuz I'm reserving my PS3 for their exclusives and I'd rather get achievements for it than trophies... and my epeeen on XBL matters more to me than PS3, which is very low anymore.

The FF games I've played the most are FF1, FF2(snes/psp... w/e the actual number is I can't keep straight) FFxi.. and most recently I attempted getting my first playthru on FF7 via PSP/PS3 (not far as I got pretty bored).

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
                  I'm actually tired of the no towns pissing and whining.
                  Tuff sh!t. I towns. I like being immersed in a fantasy world that has lotsa facets that make you feel as tho the history and populace interaction has been fleshed out. I will not like this city-less aspect. I still have memories of exploring FF1&2's cities and loving all the random tidbits you come across that add depth to your dungeon crawls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~{edit)

What is this Tetra Master? I've seen it available on POL and keep forgetting to ask people about it and/or look it up.
                  FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                  FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                  aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Neverslip View Post
                    What is this Tetra Master? I've seen it available on POL and keep forgetting to ask people about it and/or look it up.
                    its was a card game, mini game in FFIX, and SE added it as an online stand alone version of it in POL, its fun, and only a $1 a month

Comment

Does anything from Tetra Master carry into FFxi?? I thought I'd read that there was some correlation... something about exclusive items or mats or something.
                      FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                      FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                      aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

We don't know, nobody actually plays Tetra Master.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post

this.
                          75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                          RANK 10 Bastok
                          CoP: Done
                          ZM: Done
                          ToA: Done
                          Assault rank: Captain
                          Campaign Medal: Medals
                          Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                          This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                            Why did this make me laugh.

Our linkshell leader used to play, but I don't think she actually still does lol.
                            {New Sig in the works}
                            -----------------------
                            "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                            "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                            Originally posted by Solymir
                            What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Aren't Triple Triad and Tetra Master completely different rules wise? I used to play Tetra Master a whole ton right before I quit FFXI the first time, but that was so long ago that my memory is all fuzzy about it.
                              Burning questions are burning: Is jenova_9 really a girl and is she cute? Does she talk like that in real life?

Burning.

This is why I J9: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/off...otionally.html

http://selenagomez.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X