OS on PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OS on PS3

STARDUST-----Hey, has anyone looked at the memory on a playstation 3? Like, I formatted my drive last night since someone thought it funny to hack it and close off internet, I was wondering when you look at your totally space ava., does it tell you the actual number of like 60 bg for a 60 hard drive? or say 40 for a 40 gb harddrive? just wondereing cus mine says like 55 and i have the 60 hdd. and i feel like someones been try to rob me of an extra 20 gb's of my hdd. I need to send this in to some cyber crime place anyone know of a place for cyber crime to send this junk too.? PM if you have any ieads.

Comment

60-55=5

I imagine that's system info. Also, what?

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
        60-55=5

I imagine that's system info.
        What he said +1

Also, what?
        You lost me as well Stardust. Dare I ask, but what are you talking about your system getting hacked?
        {New Sig in the works}
        -----------------------
        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
        "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
        Originally posted by Solymir
        What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Stardust-----I was just asking like does your ps3 say only 55gb instead of 60 gb? I am talking about in the system info and your hdd space? Because I own a 60 gb verison of the ps3 and it tells me that there is only 55 gbs total? I OWN A 60 GB VERISON? Why would it do that? Anyone?

Comment

I imagine that's system info.
            I believe Murphie has already answered that question.
            I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

STARDUST-----Hey, I have looked and seen nothing on this topic. So I was wondering how do I check to see if the codes for a used game are still good? Like if they are in the handbook, but the seller doesnt know if they are still good or not? I am wondering because I want to buy but I dont want to get shafted by not having good codes? I want to know so they dont get registerd if they are still good. Does anyone know?

Comment

Do not buy the game unless it is sealed and brand new. Even if they say the codes are good, people lie....especially when there is money involved. And no used codes will not work so its not worth the chance to buy it and see.

A GB consists of 1,000,000,000 bytes. Computers interpret gigabytes in binary. To a computer, 1 GB = 2^30 bytes, or 1,073,741,824 bytes. The ratio of actual size to to the file size they market is the ratio of these two interpretations, or roughly 0.9313225. But people round up and so its 1 GB. An X-sized (marketed) drive actually has 0.9313225*X of usable space. 60GB*0.9313225 = 55.88GB
                Last edited by TheGrandMom; 06-10-2009, 03:07 PM.
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

STARDUST-----Hey, thanks a bunch I was always wondering about that.

Comment

STARDUST---- Hey, I just got Ubuntu 9.04 Desktop Operating System in the mail and wanted to know if anyone knows how to turn it back to my default os from ubuntu os? I want to install it but don't know how I am going to turn this back so I am a little worried about it braking my console. Anyone have a bright idea?

Comment

TheGrandMom did a google search and ta da!

http://psubuntu.com/

How-To: Install Ubuntu and Linux Apps on Your PlayStation 3 | Maximum PC

How to Install Linux on Your PS3 | Code Retard
                      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

honestly, if you need to ask, you shouldn't be messing with it, or any other OS for that matter.

Comment

i got the ubunto 904 about a month ago and have gotten around to installing because i dont know how to switch it back to my original os. i also have a few save files i havent yet got to back up. i am still learning how to save them to so i can put them back in workin conditions. i do only have the 60 gbs and dont know how much room ill have after i download everything and ffxi. if anyone has some information on this could they step forward and post a comment. i will be willing to lend my ubunto to anyway willing to try it and make a video on how to change it back it ps3 os. i will be needing it back tho. last thing if ne1's got a hhd for ps3 thats more than the 60 i have now, i will consider buying if you can sell at a reasonable price.

Comment

1- The PS3 uses a standard 2.5" HDD. Any hard drive you can put in a laptop will work in a PS3. IIRC, you don't even need to void your warranty to upgrade it. Check google.
                            2- If TGM's guides aren't enough, you shouldn't be messing with installing any OS on anything. Use what you get. Screwing around with partitioning and installation is not for those that can't follow a simple guide.
                            3- Ubuntu is free. Anyone can download it and burn it to CD/DVD.

Comment

Thanks Feba. I was seriously considering slamming my head into my desk a few times because Max PC guide is step by step AND has pics! My grandmother could do it and she's DEAD!

Comment

Working...
                              X