Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ALTERNATIVE VIDEO GAME TITLE TRANSLATIONS (You're glad they didn't use)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALTERNATIVE VIDEO GAME TITLE TRANSLATIONS (You're glad they didn't use)

If you can't figure this thread out, you're an idiot. And yes, I'm aware that most of these were English to begin with. Screw off.

What I can think of:

Yet Another Fantasy
    There Aren't Any Heroes Left
    Evil Tenet
    Animal Crossing: City Fuck
    Kingdom Hearts 47saF827SAd

Re: ALTERNATIVE VIDEO GAME TITLE TRANSLATIONS (You're glad they didn't use)

Originally posted by Feba View Post
    If you can't figure this thread out, you're an idiot.
    are you hi?

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
    ------
    Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
    When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Originally posted by Ameroth View Post
      are you hi?
      Perfect example, thanks.

Comment

Trial Turnabout - Simple because the english translation sounds so lame when compared to the Japanese pronunciation of it.

I can't really think about many games with crappy literal translations, but I can name many many many characters with really bad translated names that I'm pissed were used instead of the original.

Does that count?
        Last edited by Raydeus; 12-15-2008, 11:09 AM.
        sigpic
        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

You mean like >_> Butz?

Now I feel like an idiot. I'm only allowed to think of translated video games?
          "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Battsu for the win!
            sigpic
            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Dangit, I thought this was a topic where you makeup a translation for a game or a makeup a fake game title instead of the actual translations. *Walks Away Sad*
              {New Sig in the works}
              -----------------------
              "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
              "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
              Originally posted by Solymir
              What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
                Dangit, I thought this was a topic where you makeup a translation for a game or a makeup a fake game title instead of the actual translations. *Walks Away Sad*
                I think it is. Look at Feba's examples. Yet Another Fantasy = Final Fantasy, so a sarcastic take on the original title is what I'm seeing.
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I'm gonna go with:

Super Luigi Battle Series
                  {New Sig in the works}
                  -----------------------
                  "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                  "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                  Originally posted by Solymir
                  What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

You know, I just spent 10 minutes trying to think of a way to make the title "Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater" funnier than it currently is. So far, I'm unsucessful.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                      I think it is. Look at Feba's examples. Yet Another Fantasy = Final Fantasy, so a sarcastic take on the original title is what I'm seeing.
                      I think this is one of the Feba topics where he just wrote whatever was rattling around in his head and posted it.

Devil May Cry was actually going to be called"Devil May Care" which was supposed to reflect Dante's attitude, but the butchered English gave us Devil May Cry, which admittedly does sound cool anyway.

In FFIV's JP versions, Edward is called Gilbert. I guess the English localization team though the Bard was spoony enough, so they named him Edward instead.

Bartz was called Butz in the JP version of FFV. Um Yeah, his name is pretty lame either way. I also prefer Terra from FFVI over the name Tina in the JP version. Tina just sounds like a stripper name.

Madden 2009 should have been called "Actually Worth A Damn 2009."

Uncharted should be called "Creepy Madden 2000 Eyeballs Are In!"

Cid in FFXI should be called Mr. Creepy-Teeth-with-a-chunk-of-his-ass-missing. One of my friends pointed that out while we were doing CoPs. He actually is missing a part of his ass. Maybe he lost it in the Crystal War.

Persona 4 should be called Game of the Year 2009

You know, I just spent 10 minutes trying to think of a way to make the title "Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater" funnier than it currently is. So far, I'm unsucessful.
                      Huh... huhuh... he said "snake eater." Huh...let's burn something...

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                        I think it is. Look at Feba's examples. Yet Another Fantasy = Final Fantasy, so a sarcastic retarded take on the original title is what I'm seeing.
                        Much closer to reality.
                        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                          I think this is one of the Feba topics where he just wrote whatever was rattling around in his head and posted it.
                          pretty much. But with audience participation!

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                          Much closer to reality.
                          pretty much. It's kind of the point!

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                          "snake eater."
                          Oh come on. The main character is named Solid Snake
                          spoilers!

You can't tell me that name wasn't intended to be comedic.

Comment

Ambassador of Persia: The Really Long Meeting.
                            Minor Kombat
                            Apathy Online
                            Originally posted by Ellipses
                            Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                            Originally posted by MCLV
                            A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                            More Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by Neomage View Post
                              Minor Konflict
                              FTFY

Originally posted by Armando
                              No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                              Originally posted by Armando
                              Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                              GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                              However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                              Matthew 16:15

Comment

Working...
                              X