Dead Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Space

Its a game that just came out for the PS3, Xbox360 and I believe the PC. Its a gore filled scifi horror survival game where you, an engineer, board a ship called the Ishamura (sp?) to see what caused the ship to lose contact with the rest of civilization. As you go through the ship you find it to be crawling with horrific creatures spawned from the dismembered bodies of the previous crew that line the ships interior. As you explore you upgrade your armor and weapons based off schematics found through a variety of environments, some even involving zero gravity. I was just wondering if any one else besides me has been following the release of this game and if anyone has played it yet.
    Twilightrose- THF/49 WAR/24 WHM/53 BLM/32 RNG/15 BST/25 NIN/27

Re: Dead Space

Not yet since I don't even think it's out in the UK yet. I definitely haven't seen it in stores yet. it does look quite interesting though. I'm a huge fan of the survival horror genre and there really hasn't been a good one since FEAR and Silent Hill Origins. Well there is The Darkness and Bioshock but they are more a FPS games than survival horror.
    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
    Reiko Takahashi
    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I just bought this on Saturday and may I just say......

ZOMG!!!!!!!1!!1!one

If you liked RE4 even remotely, then this game will cater to you. Same shooter type as RE4 but with more of a Bioshock feel to it. The gameplay is phenominal, and the artwork speaks for itself.

Killing

|| 75 Warrior || 75 Black Mage || 75 Bard || 75 Beastmaster || 75 Red Mage ||

Comment

I been following the release and bought it. The game is awesome! This is the best/scariest survival horror game I have played in a long time. When you die in the game, you feel like you screwed up instead of feeling like the game caused you to die. Not to mention the player death scenes are something to watch.

My favorite part was when I first started and went for a head shot. The instead of dying, the creature sprouted tentacles and ran at me.
        PSN ID: Kelshan
        Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
        Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Losrase View Post

My favorite part was when I first started and went for a head shot. The instead of dying, the creature sprouted tentacles and ran at me.
          OH NO NO NO NO NO....this is a Depends game....

damn near wet myself just reading that...
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I am avoiding this game.
            Too scary for me.
            Though I would get Left 4 Dead. I'm not sure why, probably because I can deal with hordes of zombies, but not things with tentacles.
            Hacked on 9/9/09
            FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

This game definitely will instill the fear of all things tentically and squishy, in you =P

Its a very scary game.

|| 75 Warrior || 75 Black Mage || 75 Bard || 75 Beastmaster || 75 Red Mage ||

Comment

Originally posted by Losrase View Post
                Reminds me of the Stage 2 Plagas from RE4. The first time I saw one of those burst out of a zealot I stood there thinking it was just going to flail at me like the Stage 1's. How wrong I was. An instant death and a reload later i learned to hoard my flashbangs until I got back to that section.
                Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                Reiko Takahashi
                - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                  OH NO NO NO NO NO....this is a Depends game....

damn near wet myself just reading that...
                  LOL, I almost wet myself reading this.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh, it's not that scary of a game lol The only thing I find scary is that you have multiple fast monsters coming at you from several directions a lot of the time. And how those babies just pop out of nowhere! Although when most enemies pop up, I'm just like: "o hai der. pew! pew!"

It is a very fun game though, with a good story to go along with it.

Comment

Sorry for the Necro post but I just beat this and loved it ^_^

Well, except for the ending and "The Regenerator". Damn that SOB....

Btw, you're all pansies game was NOT that scary. It had some really good jump moments and times where you're just thinking "Oh SHIT!!!!" but the monsters aren't all that scary really.

But then maybe I've just played too many Survival Horror games for my own good XD
                      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Following up on a post I made in another thread...

Play this game in widescreen. The camera is fckweird without it and gave me a headache, but I tried it out on my TV and it is much better.

Really is a great game.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

Growing up on psychological horror like Fatal Frame and Silent Hill makes games like this and Resident Evil seem, well...more shocking than scary. To me, it's basically like this...

RE
                          Me:Hmmm...where does this puzzle piece go again?
                          *walks forward, Licker bursts through window*
                          Me:Woah!
                          *kills, watches it happen four more times*
                          Me:Oh hey, more target practice.

SH
                          Me:Christ, where are the damn monsters already?! I can hear them but I can't see them! OH GOD JUST JUMP OUT AT ME PLEASE!
                          *goes to next room, sees Pyramid Head rape a monster*
                          Me:Oh my god, wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf...(goes on forever)

I still enjoy shocker games somewhat, but they don't really hook me in. Sadly, Silent Hill used to be psychological, but since the movie, the games have been pretty much shockers with great music/atmosphere and lighting. Homecoming especially. That said, I'm planning on picking up Dead Space whenever I ste-I mean, afford a 360/PS3/whatever high end console it's on cause I only have a Wii and the best game ever has already been released for it.

Comment

I wish they had released Dead Space on Wii. I'd buy it again if they ever port it, the Wiimote is by far the best controller for 3rd person shooters like RE4 and Dead Space.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

The "No Punctuation" review made me not get this game :p
                              signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Working...
                              X