Pai Pai's OFFICIAL "DIABLO III" Thread of Daemonic Seductiveness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pai Pai's OFFICIAL "DIABLO III" Thread of Daemonic Seductiveness

The internets are still ablaze so it's tough to navigate any related websites, but Blizzard Entertainment officially announced DIABLO III today at their 2008 Worldwide Invitational. The game has been in development for four years, but is still very early in production. Which means, as you all know with Blizzard, it won't be out any time soon.

It appears to retain the same classic gameplay as the first two games, with various improvements made to the UI, as well as new classes including Witch Doctor. You can also now choose to play as a male or female for any of the available classes, but other customization options are so far unknown. The game takes place 20 years after the events of DIABLO II, where Deckard Cain returns to find "stirrings of new evils in the land of Sanctuary."

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

The projected release date falls between 2010 and 2011, so don't expect to be playing the game on the new and improved Battle.net any time soon. Same goes for Starcraft II, which is expected at the end of 2009.
    Last edited by Pai Pai Master; 06-28-2008, 11:01 AM.
    PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
    Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
    WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
    Currently Playing:
    FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Re: Pai Pai's OFFICIAL "DIABLO III" Thread of Daemonic Seductiveness

Sheesh, Cain? Really? Wasn't he already old in the first one? Is our first quest going to be fetching him some prune juice or filing down his bunions?

"Listen kids, when I was young we had to ride dinosaurs into battle with demons, uphill both ways, through 20 feet of molten lava, Using nothing but a pointy stick as a weapon, and we were thankful for it, too!"

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Comment

Originally posted by Pai Pai Master View Post
      The game has been in development for four years, but is still very early in production.
      Let me be the first to say: Diablo Forever!

Although honestly I am extremely underwhelmed. I just don't care, I guess.

Comment

Its a P2P RPG, so I can't really bring myself to care. But now that this and Starcraft II (which does interest me) are in the works, how far off is another Lost Vikings game?

Really, please, Lost Vikings is awesome, make moar.

Comment

Blizzard doesn't own the rights to The Lost Vikings.
          Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

I glee'd.

Waiting mode ACTIVATE.
            signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

wait, so now SC2 is loosely slated for another year and a half away??? wtf?
              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I loved Diablo II and this is very pretty, but for some reason I can't really bring myself to the point of being hyped about it. That said, I am downloading the 850 meg high res gameplay footage right now.
                lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Pai Pai Master View Post
                  Blizzard doesn't own the rights to The Lost Vikings.
                  I believe you're mistaken.

Blizzard Entertainment - Blizzard Classic Arcade

The Lost Vikings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Originally posted by Wikipedia
                  The Vikings have also shown up from time to time in other Blizzard games. Olaf can be unlocked as a hidden character in the 1993 game Rock 'N' Roll Racing. They most recently appeared as Mobs in Blizzard's MMORPG World of Warcraft in the dungeon Uldaman. One of the quests in Uldaman also requires the player to collect the Shaft of Tsol and Amulet of Gni'Kiv, which spell out "Lost" and "Vik'ing" when read backwards. The shaft and amulet are combined to form the Staff of Prehistoria, which fits the theme of Uldaman and also is an area in The Lost Vikings

In the Frozen Throne's "Monolith" scenario, the names for the Dark Troll Commando hero are the same as those for the Lost Vikings: Erik the Swift, Baleog the Fierce and Olaf the Stout.

The Lost Vikings II contains several references to Blizzard's other games. In the "Dark Ages" period of time, Erik the Swift accidentally gets teleported to the "Swamps of Sorrow", which is a prominent location in the game Warcraft: Orcs and Humans (this region was later seen as a ladder map in Warcraft III and as a zone in World of Warcraft). Also, one of Tomator’s monitors shows Rock 'N' Roll Racing playing

Comment

I'm not THAT excited about it, because of all the rumors going around about how it was happening and then it wasn't and then all of the sudden it was back up and then canceled, etc. I kind of prepared myself to not believe it, so maybe it just needs some time to sink it.

But I will say that I'll definitely be playing it in... 2 years (>_<) and I can't wait for the new class reveals. Oh, I hope I can play as a rogue!!!

...I don't know if I could kill someone with a frozen turkey because that is a lot of evidence to eat. Unless I found a whole room of people who also wanted that person dead...

Comment

Re: Pai Pai's OFFICIAL &quot;DIABLO III&quot; Thread of Daemonic Seductiveness

I want to be excited....I really do. I loved Diablo and D2 but...... I don't know, maybe after all these years I'm getting a bit jaded.
                      Originally posted by Feba
                      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                      Originally posted by Taskmage
                      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                      Originally posted by DakAttack
                      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

So out of ten people, only one of us (Balfree) really cares?

Comment

Damn it you beat me to it Pai.

And wth is with the Witch Doctor? They better not be replacing the Necro with that and just adding it as a new class.
                          Last edited by Malacite; 06-28-2008, 02:14 PM.
                          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

What makes you think they'll keep *any* of the D2 classes? None of the D1 classes were kept in D2.

Plus, male amazons would just be weird.
                            Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                            RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                            All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Well, Barbarian's confirmed but I don't expect many others to return. At least not in their standard D2 form.
                              Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Working...
                              X