Do you buy downloadable games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you buy downloadable games?

Keep in mind that the poll is multiple choice. You should have at least two or three answers if you do purchase downloadable games.

A simple question. Until this morning, I had never. I had been wanting to, but none of them seemed worthwhile, until Gyrostarr on WiiWare.
    Yes, from Wii Shop
    13.96%
    Yes, from PSN
    11.70%
    Yes, from XBL
    18.11%
    Yes, from Steam
    10.94%
    Yes, from some other place
    6.04%
    Frequently
    6.79%
    Occasionally
    11.32%
    Rarely
    6.42%
    No, I dislike downloadable content
    9.06%
    No, I haven't seen any games I want
    5.66%

Re: Do you buy downloadable games?

Only two games I've d/l'ed are Contra 3 and Mario 64 on the Wii virtual console.
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I dont like downloading games (PC that is)

but when it comes to Wii and X-box live, thats different since there really are no har copy versions of those games ;p (well most of them)
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

I do all the time (Steam), but PC games onry (I'd buy from PSN but they don't accept my cards) since it's way more comfortable for me because of where I live. It also has the advantage of not requiring you to have the game cd on the tray, only an internet connection which I do 24/7 anyway.
        sigpic
        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I've d/l'd "additional content" on the 360 more than the actual downloadable games. But I have downloaded a few but rarely play them. On the Wii, I don't d/l anything because there is a work around that I use. I've bought all of those games and paid full price for them once, I'm not doing it again and I don't feel bad cheating either.
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I download demos, but if there is a hard copy of the game available I go for that. On the 360, at least. On the PC, I'm sure I've downloaded games before.

Comment

My husband is addicted to downloading games on XBL. I'd estimate we have over two dozen games dl'd so far, not counting "additional content" for stuff like Oblivion etc. We buy at least one game almost every weekend, it seems.

We've also bought a few downloads for the Wii, but not nearly as many as from XBL.
              Nibblonian: "You are the last hope of the universe."
              Fry: "So I really am important? How I feel when I'm drunk is correct?"
              Nibblonian: "Yes, except the Dave Matthews Band doesn't rock."'

Sisqi ~Fairy~WHM 75
              PLD 60 RDM 54 BLM 48

Comment

I've downloaded a few demos, but that's about it.
                ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I've done a mixture of the Wii and the XBL downloading. With XBL it's mainly been "Expansions" etc with games, but I did go on a Classic Arcade binge where I bought like..12 games to occupy me. Total I have about...14 and two of them were free... Hexic HD and Uno lol
                  Life is all about decisions. It is the decisions you make in life that shape you.
                  sigpic

Comment

I download full games only when I cant find a hard copy of it. I dont like the fact that if something happens to my PS3 (The full backward compatible 60G version) that I would lose all my downloaded PS3 games. There is no guarantee that you wouldn't have to pay for the game again if your PS3 hard drive was damaged. I always back up my downloaded PSP games on a SD card. I do download demos everytime they have an update on the PSN for PS3 and PSP.
                    PSN ID: Kelshan
                    Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
                    Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
                    sigpic

Comment

Bought from the following:

Wii: My life as King by Square Enix, Golden Axe by... forgot...
                      PSN: Rock Band Songs, so far only $16's worth. Couple of packs like Classic Rock, etc.
                      Steam: Orange Box, Day of Defeat: Source

Also, does recurring payments count even if you just download the game online and get dinged every month on it, i.e. EVE Online?
                      Hacked on 9/9/09
                      FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

I've got about 5 VC games and 14 PSN games.
                        PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                        Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                        WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                        Currently Playing:
                        FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

I do it a lot, the last thing I paid to download was the Spore Creature Creator :]

If you haven't checked out a little bit about it or the free trial, go do it now

Comment

My Wii memory is full ;;. I'm already starting to delete the crap channels I dont care about (already deleted Nintendo Channel....Everyone Votes is next when I need more space). Also I'm running out of channel space anyway....

360 I have several arcade games but about half were free from promotions or they were jsut free (see Aegis Wing and Yaris). I also have 1 Xbox Original (Stubbs the Zombie). I have quite a bit DLC, too, as If I didnt upgrade to the 120gb drive I'd be out of space (though it doesn't help FFXI is on there I suppose).

PS3 I haven't downloaded any DLC, but i've downloaded a few games. Pixeljunk Monsters is pretty cool. Xenogears just got released on PSN in Japan, if we get it soon I'll probably downlaod that too.
                            Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                            Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                            Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                            Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                            Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

I've purchased a few of the XBL Arcade games...
                              None I've played more than Geometry Wars.
                              Hella fun game to kill time when d/ling demos and such.

Comment

Working...
                              X