Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duke Nukem Forever gameplay footage

Clips: First Duke Nukem Forever Gameplay Video

Skip the slider ahead to 4:20 or so, trust me, you do not want to sit through the rest of it.

Also, by the looks of that footage, color me completely unimpressed.

Re: Duke Nukem Forever gameplay footage

I'm unimpressed too, but maybe that's just my natural mehversion to first-person shooters.

Still, few people can truthfully claim that they played DNF . . .
    Originally posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    Originally posted by Armando
    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
    Matthew 16:15

Comment

The footage was unimpressive. Little snippets here and there of some action.... and after all these years I guess its just hard to get excited.
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Well I mean, over a decade, and what do they come up with? "Point at the enemy, then click to shoot it.".

Uh, thanks?

Comment

This is clearly a lie.

Everyone knows DNF will only release once man has learned the secret of turning lead into gold.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I read once that it's technically possible to turn lead into gold, it's just incredibly infeasible (read: expensive as hell)

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
              Well I mean, over a decade, and what do they come up with? "Point at the enemy, then click to shoot it.".

Uh, thanks?
              What the hell are you expecting? It's a shooter.

It looked like you could boot enemies without having to switch your weapon, which would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
                What the hell are you expecting?
                I don't know. After being in development for over ten YEARS? Maybe some creativity would be nice.

Comment

Yeah, looked like Metroid Prime meets Quake... Not bad, but I guess since Duke Nukem has been so similar to games like Doom that it doesn't surprise me. Looks nice, but I agree that after 10 years of development you would think something revolutionary would be presented.
                  Life is all about decisions. It is the decisions you make in life that shape you.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Temagori View Post
                    Doom
                    > All
                    Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlebeard View Post

Everyone knows DNF will only release once man has learned the secret of turning lead into gold.
                      *snickers*
                      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I absolutely love the first line of the article...

3D Realms: 'Several hours' of Duke Nukem Forever sort of done - Joystiq

"Is that the sound of Satan sharpening his skates? According to a new interview with Team Xbox, 3D Realms boss George Broussard implies that – dare we say? – development of Duke Nukem Forever is going along swimmingly. You know, just like it has been since ... 1998.

All most kidding aside, Broussard tells the site that the developer has "several hours of fairly polished game to play," and that, "It's fun, it's in focus, we know what bits are fun and which are not, and it's just a matter of time now." But clearly, time moves a little slower in 3D Realms', er ... realm. Given that the company has already denied reports that it's coming this year, we'll have to make due with Duke Nuken 3D on XBLA "sometime in September." Of 2008. Really. Promise.
                        "

Comment

Necroing a DNF thread? That's like some weird Escher shit going on.
                          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

DNF is necro.

Comment

Not impressed.

10+ years in development and this is it? What were they doing for 9 of those years? /think
                              ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X