Do you still own a dreamcast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you still own a dreamcast?

Welcome to the Sega Dreamcast Network / ようこそ、セガ ドリームキャストのネットワークへ!

Wonder what SEGA is planning. I'm hoping a lot of remade DC games-- Crazy Taxi and Jet Grind Radio, with online multiplayer, anyone?

Re: Do you still own a dreamcast?

I heard some things about the DreamCast being re-released in Japan recently.

To answer the question, I do, though it's a bit banged up.

Comment

Recently sold mine for $40. The only games I ever cared to own for it were Power Stone 1 & 2 and I could never get a hold of them. Every shop I went to that could get them had a mile-long waiting list.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Phantasy Star Online ftw
        62Dancer | 75Corsair | 75Beastmaster | 75Paladin | 75Bard

Your resource for FFXI Farming

Comment

I, personally, think Shenmue is by far the most under-appreciated game of all time.

I do have my dreamcast (technically, a hand me down, but still), but it's in a box waiting to be sold. If SEGA opens this back up though, I'm definitely signing it in. I wanna be in on whatever they might do.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
            I, personally, think Shenmue is by far the most under-appreciated game of all time.
            More like the biggest 70 million dollar mistake of all time. Shenmue is a big part of the reason why Sega is a mere shell of its former self.
            PSN & XBL ID: Meicyn
            Wii Code: 6847-2608-8630-2415

Comment

Shenmue had it's problems (voice acting, time killing), but the game itself is very solid.

Comment

I disagree. I found it to be a tedious tech demo disguised as a videogame. 90% of it is spent running around and talking to people with terrible voice acting, and what little gameplay there was amounted to quick time events (yawn), mashing buttons to train your moves, and having a few Virtua Fighter styled fights.

It makes me sad because Sonic Team had to deal with a much smaller budget and development team for Phantasy Star Online, forced to ship the game incomplete while Yu Suzuki helped drive Sega into yet further debt so he could pretend he was inventing new game genres (lol, FREE).

Comment

...The gameplay is the running around talking (as well as exploring, looking around, and in general interacting with the game).

If you want an action game, fine, Shenmue is not it. That doesn't make it a bad game.

Comment

Originally posted by jwalton View Post
                    he could pretend he was inventing new game genres (lol, FREE).
                    The gameplay is the running around talking (as well as exploring, looking around, and in general interacting with the game).
                    Obviously you two have some fundamental disagreements on this matter.

Pre-emptively, I must say that this proves that any arguing either of you can do will prove mutually fruitless to each other. So stop while you can.
                    Originally posted by Armando
                    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                    Originally posted by Armando
                    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                    Matthew 16:15

Comment

Sonic Adventure was fun
                      62Dancer | 75Corsair | 75Beastmaster | 75Paladin | 75Bard

Your resource for FFXI Farming

Comment

Shenmue had it's problems (voice acting, time killing)
                        ...The gameplay is the running around talking (as well as exploring, looking around, and in general interacting with the game).
                        Oh, OK.

Comment

Originally posted by jwalton View Post
                          Oh, OK.
                          Voice acting != Talking to NPCs (There is a big difference between talking to NPCs and the sounds that come out of their mouths), and interacting with the game world in ways other than fighting != time killing.

If you don't like FREE, that's fine, you don't have to. I don't like most racing games, or most strategy games. That does not mean the game is bad, though.

Comment

So that's a no on pre-emptively ending this argument that isn't going to go anywhere then?

Comment

Eh, not really. He just thought he was being intelligent by pointing out something that could be interpreted as a contradiction if you squint and hope for it and someone already told you it kinda looked like one, I was explaining his mistake.

Comment

Working...
                              X