This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Nintendo Fans out There?

Looking at the video game section of this forum, I see that there is a ton of Playstation fans here, and rightly so since it houses the franchise we all love... Final Fantasy.

I'm not a huge Sony fan, infact I sold my PS2 because I really didn't care for them anymore. This is a huge problem for me because the huge RPGs that SqEnix makes hit that system and no others. So it's going to be a rough 2006 for me with no Kingdom Hearts II to play or Final Fantasy XII.

I am a Nintendo fan, through and through, no one can beat their games and I am going to stick by them to the very end (which won't happen anytime soon if the Nintendo DS is any indication of their future success.)

So... the point of this thread.

1. How many of you own a DS?

2. What are your favorite games for it and so on?

3. Also do any of you plan on picking up a Nintendo Revolution?

4. Do any of you own a Cube?

5. What are your favorite games for that system?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I own a black Nintendo DS. The games I currently own for it are Age of Empires: The Age of Kings, Electroplankton, Kirby Canvas Curse, Mario Kart DS, Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, Sonic Rush, Super Mario 64 DS, and Trauma Center. Here in a couple weeks I'll be picking up Metroid Prime Hunters and then the New Super Mario Bros. in May. I also want to get Final Fantasy III for it, as well as Final Fantasy: Crystal Chonicles once those release.

I plan on getting a Revolution at launch.

I own a Cube and my favorite games for it would have to be: Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (I know it's an N64 game but it's on the Cube), Resident Evil 4, Wario Ware, and Donkey Konga.

2006 will be the year of Nintendo.
    MPH Code: 2105-2096-0964
    TETRIS DS Code: 540649-893584

Re: Any Nintendo Fans out There?

Off the top of my head I know that myself, Pai Pai, Grandmom, and Tbotb (I know I butchered that, sorry) are all Nintendo fans. Personally I'll be one as long as they keep making metroids and zeldas.
    No DS, not yet anyway.
    Plan on getting a Revolution soon as one of the previously stated titles makes its debut.
    Have a gamecube (though a friend has had it for over a year). Favorite games on it are the metroids, the zelda, MGS twin snakes, and....I enjoyed the Rogue Squadron came quite a bit.
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

1. How many of you own a DS? I personally don't have one. If I had to choose between ds and psp, i would go with the latter >.>;

2. What are your favorite games for it and so on? ---

3. Also do any of you plan on picking up a Nintendo Revolution? I don't, but it looks really innovative. A thumbstick for the left hand and a "remote-like" controller in the right hand. Who know? Maybe nintendo will make a comeback with the revolution. We'll have to wait and see.

4. Do any of you own a Cube? I own one, yeah. I don't own a ps2 or an xbox.

5. What are your favorite games for that system? Favorite games would be the Windwaker (a countless number of people can't stop bitching and whining aboutthe cel-shaded graphics, but they didn't bother me at all. I loved the game), Metroid prime 1 and 2, medal of honor, allied assault (I had a lot of fun w/ that game), Super Smash brothers (Even though I personally like the n64 version better), Legend of Zelda, master quest (really fun game, a lot more difficult than Ocarina of time), and the singlemost greatest RPG to hit the gamecube, Skies of Arcadia Legends. AMAZING game.
      ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

(Sorry, you should rephrase some of the questions as I had fixed it.)

1. Do you own a DS? (I did, broke it though.)

2. What are your favorite games for it and so on? (Only bought it for YuGiOh games)

3. Also do you plan on picking up a Nintendo Revolution? (Yes.)

4. Do you own a Cube? (Yes)

5. What are your favorite games for that system?

Resident Evil 4
        Resident Evil Zero
        YuGiOh: The Falsebound Kingdom
        Zelda: Windwaker

Comment

I own a GameCube, but only because I bought it for my 7yr old for his B-Day.

I was hoping that this was an Old-School Nintendo fan thread, cuz I have much love for my NES and SNES. Unfortunately, Nintendo hasn't put out anything that's grabbed my attention since Mario Kart on GC.

Now, the new, constantly delayed Zelda game might be worth buying...

Comment

I am a huge Nintendo fan.

In the last decade I've come to disagree with most of their decisions, but in my opinion they still maintain their position as one of the best developers in history (2nd only to Square Enix in my book!) and easily the top first-party developer in comparison to Sony, Microsoft, or Sega. Since 2005 and the massive success of the Nintendo DS, it's become very apparent that Nintendo has finally become a more aggressive force and, in my opinion, are finally making all the right decisions, moreso that SCEA or Microsoft.

I'm not going to continue speaking about this, however. Most people know I'm a Nintendo fan, and I'm sure even more know that I am extremely biased in some instances. Suffice to say that while I love the Playstation brand and everything that comes with it, and I think I'm one of the most eager PS3 fans out there, the Nintendo Revolution, in my opinion, will be the best "new-generation" game system, as the Big N themselves would put it. Not because of the controller. Not because of the price. Not even because I'm already certain that I'm buying a PS3 and I couldn't care less about the Xbox 360 (whoops!). It's because of, surprisingly, the games.
            PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
            Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
            WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
            Currently Playing:
            FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

The games? No games have been shown off on it at all. I mean yeah they will have a Zelda, Mario, and Metroid but nothing has been shown on them.

The controller and price is what that's really exciting me right now. Instead of having a new type of gameplay inside a game with the usual controller, it's a new type of gameplay inside the game with a new way to interact... that is incredibly exiciting to me. I hope we see something on the games being made for the console at GDC 2006.

Originally posted by PotentPotables
              I own a GameCube, but only because I bought it for my 7yr old for his B-Day.

I was hoping that this was an Old-School Nintendo fan thread, cuz I have much love for my NES and SNES. Unfortunately, Nintendo hasn't put out anything that's grabbed my attention since Mario Kart on GC.

Now, the new, constantly delayed Zelda game might be worth buying...
              Yeah, sorry about the no old school thing...If you want to though you can list your favorite Nintendo console of all time. Mine would be the Super Nintendo 2nd being the DS (It's that Amazing.)

As for not finding any great games made by Nintendo, I recommend picking up a used Nintendo DS (109 dollars) and Mario Kart DS (rubs GC Mario Kart's face in the ground.) Also Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles for the DS is rumored to being online over Nintendo's Wi-Fi connection.

Comment

Original Zelda for NES is my favorite game, I think ever. The original Metroid was great too. Especially when you just have to randomly bomb every wall to find certain things.
                Did anyone ever play the original US version of Metal Gear? Great game, but had a ton of bugs (not to mention that you never actually fight Metal Gear). Like, "Oops, I accidentally hit the wrong buttong and killed a prisoner, I can't hope to finish the game now, but its not gonna tell me that, It'll let me run around for a couple hours until I figure it out on my own."

"Uh-oh, the truck have started to move."
                I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I'm a big fan of Zelda. Doesn't matter which console it goes to, I'll get it. For that reason, I'll definitely get CG as soon as the new Zelda comes out (EB games says June, we'll see.)

I haven't found enough interesting games on neither DS nor Xbox at the moment. So I'm kinda just wait and see at this time. Once Fire Emblem and Zelda hit the shelf for DS I probably will buy it.
                  There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                  but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                  transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
                    I'm a big fan of Zelda. Doesn't matter which console it goes to, I'll get it. For that reason, I'll definitely get CG as soon as the new Zelda comes out (EB games says June, we'll see.)
                    You're going to be in for a long wait my friend. Reggie/Nintendo has stated that Twilight Princess has been moved back to fall 2006. It looks like the summer will be filled with Revolution news and DS games.

Comment

lmao, this game will never be released.

on another note, my most favorite nintendo game would have to be Super Metroid for the SNES. Nintendo did a really good job with it.
                      ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

lolz.

I'm having my doubts as well but I know it's Nintendo and I know delays always mean good things from them just liek delays from SqEnix.
                        Last edited by Joester; 03-13-2006, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Nintendo Revolution is set to launch around Thanksgiving of this year, along with Twilight Princess and, presumably, the Playstation 3.

And yes, I know that no games have been shown for the Revolution as yet, with the expection of Metroid Prime 3 (and no one outside of the press have seen it).

However, we've already been promised many great titles, such as Super Smash Bros. 3, an exclusive Sonic the Hedgehog, an exclusive Resident Evil, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, and the usual Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, as well as other first-party wonders like Mariokart, Animal Crossing, and of course, new and innovative franchises that build on the controller like games like Trauma Center built on the Nintendo DS' capabilities.
                          PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                          Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                          WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                          Currently Playing:
                          FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

I really hope they don't move Twilight Princess to the Revolution or even implement Revolution features into it.

I want the game for the Cube. I have had it since it's launch and I want to have it go out with one helluva bang.

Not just whimper out like the Nintendo 64 did.

Comment

1. How many of you own a DS? I have 3

2. What are your favorite games for it and so on? Trauma Center is one of my faves. But Animal Crossing is taking most of my time when I play my DS.

3. Also do any of you plan on picking up a Nintendo Revolution? Yep, I buy all systems on release.

4. Do any of you own a Cube? Yep, 3

5. What are your favorite games for that system? Zelda, Zelda, Zelda all the way. But when friends come over I always pull out Donkey Konga. Nothing funnier than a 60+ year old man beating on some drums and swearing!
                              Originally posted by Feba
                              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                              Originally posted by Taskmage
                              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                              Originally posted by DakAttack
                              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X