This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advance Wars: Dual Strike...zOMG yes <3

I love this game and everything about it.

Favorite CO's: Sami, Hawke(the offical badass of the series), and Andy.

Does anyone else like this game as much as I do?

Re: Advance Wars: Dual Strike...zOMG yes &lt;3

HEX YEAH!!!

I'm playing it right now. It's easier than the other two, but it's still crazy fun. I've tried and failed the "final" fight three times now. Still working on how to launch the missles. The final fight is actually pretty hard.

I have the first two games and love them! They're part of the reason why I bought a GBA in the first place.

If you didn't know, start up Advance Wars DS with the 1st and 2nd games in the GBA port and you can unlock some $1 maps and CO colors. Pretty sweet!
    Odude
    PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
    RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
    SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

lol, i'll have to try that...

btw... Jake is horrible.

"I dropped you like a phat beat".

Comment

haha At first I thought Jake was annoying, but after a while he's worth a giggle or two.

The enemy CO with all the crappy lip stick, I can't remember her name, she's annoying! But the game is crazy fun! I love the new units! That super crazy tank is the greatest thing! I wanted aircraft carriers in Advanced Wars 2, and finally got them. I wish you could "build/buy" planes from them, but I understand why you can't.

Double Post Edited:
        What other DS games do you have or suggest? I've only had mine for about a month now, and just bought my sister one for her birthday yesterday.

So combined, here's our games list:

Advanced Wars DS
        Meteos
        Nintendogs
        Polarium
        Yoshi Touch & Go

I signed up for GameFly and tried out Yoshi and bought it like 3 days later. I'm not trying out Nanostray. Not a bad R-Type game, and getting better now that I finally looked up the instructions for it. lol Not sure I'd buy it though. You have any suggestions of games I should add to my queue?
        Last edited by tdh; 10-09-2005, 05:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        Odude

SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

My recommendations?

Trauma Center: Under the Knife
          Kirby Canvas Curse
          Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

And the upcoming PHEONIX WRIGHT: ACE ATTORNEY!
          PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
          Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
          WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
          Currently Playing:
          FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

The last time I said "Thats going to be a game that takes over my life" was when FFXI came out. I am saying it again with Animal Crossing for DS.

And then there is the HUGE amount of zOMG kickass games for the DS coming out.

Comment

On a whole, I've always thought Kirby games were just too easy. There was no challenge and minimal fun. Yet I did see a brief video of the game, and it almost looked fun.

I might have to add that one to my queue. And I'll check out the Castlevania game, not so sure abou the lawyer or surgeon game though. lol
              Odude

Comment

Nintendo of Japan announced a large dose of new Nintendo DS titles at the Nintendo Conference 2005:

* Gyakuten Saiban 4 (Capcom, 2006)
                * Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (Square Enix)
                * Final Fantasy III (Square Enix, 2006)
                * Mario & Luigi RPG 2 (Nintendo, 12/29/2005)
                * Rainbow Island DS (Taito, 01/05/2006)
                * Kahashima Ryuuta Kyouju no Nouo Kitaeru Otona DS Training 2 (Nintendo, 12/29/2005)
                * Tales DS (Namco)
                * Tingle RPG (Nintendo)
                * Magical Vacation (Nintendo)
                * Ash (MistWalker)
                * Tenchu DS (From Software)
                * Kaitou Wario (Nintendo)
                * Wishroom (Nintendo)
                * Eigo Zuke DS [English Training] (Nintendo)
                * Detect Hacker (Nintendo)
                * Densetsu no Stafi 4 (Nintendo)
                * Puzzle Up DS (Nintendo)
                * Bomberman Story (Hudson)
                * New Gundam (Bandai)
                * Mario Basket 3 on 3 (Nintendo)
                * Custom Robo DS (Nintendo)
                * Yu-Gi-Oh (Konami)
                * Nobunaga's Ambition DS (Koei)
                * Ocha Inu no Heya (Koei)
                * Daikookai Jidai DS (Koei)
                * Stylebook Series (Bandai)
                * Dracula Castlevania (Konami)
                * Dangerious Jisan (Konami)
                * Vs. Puzzle Papi Inu Vector Wan (Konami)
                * Crossword Puzzle (Nintendo)
                * Jigsaw Puzzle (Nintendo)
                * Sudokou (Nintendo)

- MistWalker announced Ash for Nintendo DS, a new tactical simulation RPG with Hitoshi Sakimoto as the music composer and Hideo Minaba as the character designer.

- Sega will release Super Monkey Ball DS for NDS in Japan on December 1.

- Nintendo will release Animal Forest: Wild World in Japan on November 23, and Mario Kart DS on December 8.

(Credit=TheMagicBox)

Double Post Edited:
                The Mario Basketball game is being made my SE... you dribble and shoot using the touch screen.

Double Post Edited:
                And now for the kill....
                Last edited by Blood Red Poet; 10-09-2005, 06:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I knew there was a Chrystal Chronicles slated for the DS, and I just recently read about Final Fantasy IIID and Mario B-Ball being developed by S-E.

I played Mario & Luigi for the GBA and it wasn't bad. Fun, new way of playing, but it was pretty easy and short. I think I beat it in three nights, and was only Lv.34 in the end. Just figured it would be longer, and more enjoyable.

There also appear to be some puzzle games on that list, and that excites me. That's the main reason for me to buy a hand held, the puzzle games. I'm loving Meteos. The games becomes more enjoyable the better I get at it. I've even sucked my sister into playing it. I can't wait for some true RPGs though. The touch screen is going to RAWK!

I don't own a PSP yet, but I plan to buy one next month. How is it doing? As far as numbers go? I know a few people here on the forums has one, (TGM comes to mind) and I know a handful of people in my LS have one. Just curious as to how it's doing.
                  Odude

Comment

Originally posted by tdh
                    I knew there was a Chrystal Chronicles slated for the DS, and I just recently read about Final Fantasy IIID and Mario B-Ball being developed by S-E.

I played Mario & Luigi for the GBA and it wasn't bad. Fun, new way of playing, but it was pretty easy and short. I think I beat it in three nights, and was only Lv.34 in the end. Just figured it would be longer, and more enjoyable.

There also appear to be some puzzle games on that list, and that excites me. That's the main reason for me to buy a hand held, the puzzle games. I'm loving Meteos. The games becomes more enjoyable the better I get at it. I've even sucked my sister into playing it. I can't wait for some true RPGs though. The touch screen is going to RAWK!

I don't own a PSP yet, but I plan to buy one next month. How is it doing? As far as numbers go? I know a few people here on the forums has one, (TGM comes to mind) and I know a handful of people in my LS have one. Just curious as to how it's doing.
                    PSP does some really neat stuff, and a downgrader was recently made, so you can play SNES and GBA games, among others, on it. It really does some interesting things, but I don't like any of the games out for it right now. I actually bought Death Jr. and THUG 2 Remix, and was VERY disappointed with both.

Comment

The PSP will start to pick up once the next wave of games starts to hit, but it seems like the DS already has its glory days for the next year insured.
                      PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                      Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                      WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                      Currently Playing:
                      FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

I really can't stand when people don't do anything new. PSP is just a Gameboy with a pretty screen. It has a crapload of flaws, but its deemed okay because its less of a videogame system than it is a 'multimedia' console. The only company I can really respect is Nintendo. I am not a nintendo fanboy, I plan on buying Xbox360 and have all the current gen consoles. Its just Sony has no real knowledge about anything vidoegames. "Hey put a big screen on it and make it look pretty for the teenagersLOL! Maybe we can get GTA on it and it'll be worth a damn". Everything and anything that Sony did good, they didn't do. They steal and the world would be a different place if GTA, FF, God of War, and such came out on another system. Xbox has their great online, if you can grant them anything. Nintendo actually does the work for themselves and don't freeze time. Sad because they are successful most of the time. Money buys money. Anyway....

In February, Hironobu Sakaguchi told Famitsu magazine that his studio, Mistwalker, was developing a title for the Nintendo DS. Today, Sakaguchi proudly showed off what had been previously hidden behind closed doors: ASH.

ASH – Archaic Sealed Heat – is about an ancient sealed flame. Anyone who is burned by this flame turns to ash; while the person's body becomes ash, their heart and memories remain and they can be revived. Queen Aisha, the main character of ASH, must solve the mysteries of the dead coming back to life, buried secrets, and time-travelers from the future.

Sakaguchi labeled ASH as a simulation RPG – his favorite genre – and said that he is filling the game with twenty years' worth of his ideas. His staff, however, says the game has "team tactics," so it appears that the game will synthesize simulation and tactical gameplay. ASH will also put the DS to work by using 3D graphics and displaying battle scenes on both screens. While the bottom screen shows the perspective around the character, the top screen will display the overview of the field.

It was also announced that ASH is being backed by notable talent in the game development industry. Hitoshi Sakimoto, whose lengthy resume includes the music of Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy Tactics, Vagrant Story, and Breath of Fire V, is composing the game's music. Final Fantasy art veteran Hideo Manaba is serving as the character designer, although this is his first endeavor in character design. He has also worked as the Art Director for Final Fantasy VI, IX, and XII, and he worked in the art departments for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and Super Mario Brothers RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.
                        Don't know exact source...

Comment

Working...
                        X