This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advent Children *Spoilers*

He was right about the head though. Sephiroth went into the mako with the head of Jenova. There was actually a FFVII short called "Last ORder" that helped to explain the story to those who didnt play the game. It talks about what happened at the Mako reactor and the town and all that stuff.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

Originally posted by xXx
      seeing that screen shot i wanna play ff7 again..anyone know how to fix the first battle crash for ff7 on XP? IF SO TELL ME PLEASE! thx T_T
      Are you saying you cant play ff7 on windows xp?
      I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Are you saying you cant play ff7 on windows xp?
        no..i can start it up..but the game crash @ the first battle..it sux =( /cry
        Last edited by xXx; 09-21-2005, 10:16 AM.

Take The quiz yourself!

(' ω ` *)

Comment

=/ i knew there were problems with the Windows version of the game, so I think thats it right there. If it crashes on the first battle then. . . mmmm not sure how i can help you there. I'll look around, then PM you.
          The Tao of Ren
          FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
          Originally posted by Kaeko
          As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

So are Cloud and Tifa a pair in the movie? I must know, its been bugging me for years! haha.
            "......Lifestream."
            ~Cloud Strife

Comment

Edit: removed pic. made the page all wide and unreadable. I'll repost later when i resize it.
              Last edited by WishMaster3K; 10-02-2005, 09:08 PM.
              The Tao of Ren
              FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
              Originally posted by Kaeko
              As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

The Wolf is symbolic of Cloud. Cloud is the lone wolf, thus the name of his motorcycle Fenrir, and the wolf's head on his shoulder. I guess it's symbolic of the fact that the lone wolf part of him will forever remain in those places.

Comment

"Nomura gives some answers about the movie...

----------------------------------------

- First of all, the wolf is of course the Cloud's symbol (the wolf's symbolises meaning and Fenrir's story - Fenrir is the name of the Cloud's bike -). Nomura adds too that the scenes where the wolf appears are at the cliff where Zacks was killed, the Forgotten Capital and the church. The wolf symbolizes Cloud's feelings of regret towards the events associated in these places. Once he's able to settle all these the wolf (Cloud's feelings) return to normal and disappears. So the Wolf = Cloud's scene of regret too.
                  Plus the wolf is also the symbol of the repentance (to repent) in Japan country. So that's totally in agreement with what Nomura said and it is the perfect representation for Cloud's repentance/redemption in the film.

- The black substance Sephiroth summoned was a kind of negative Lifestream, from the people who had died of Geostigma.

- There's a meaning to the number of birds seen flying over the mounts of wreckage, but they don't say what it is.

- There's a meaning to the angel statue, but they didn't say what.

- Some of the commentary staff asked what was that black thing that appeared when Kadaj stepped into the water, to which someone replied that it was the the dye from his clothes bleeding. Really, it's the will/'shinen' overflowing from Kadaj that's flowing into the water, like Kadaj himself (being a 'shinentai'/remnants) flowing into the water.

- The reason Bahamut Shin is digging where the memorial statue was is because Kadaj ordered him, believing Jenova's head was there.

- The scene where everyone helps Cloud jump up towards Bahamut Shin is called the 'Relay Battle', and is a homage to the scene from the game's ending where when Cloud reachs up towards the light Tifa is holding out her hand.

- There's a lot more languages in the FFVII world besides Japanese.

- Rufus's left hand is hidden, but he has Jenova's head at that point in time. There were some people doing the commentary who didn't know about that.

- The reason the children's movements are quite super-human is because they drank the water mixed with Kadaj's will, and Sephified them.

- The scene with the Kadaj and Rufus in the building was added later. There's a meaning behind the '13' on the building they're in, but they didn't say what.

- The name of the Bahamut in the film is "Bahamut SHIN" (Tremor). This name was only revealed with the figure, so it's not well known. The names of FFVII's Bahamuts come from old Japanese fighter planes. (KAI/Neo, REISHIKI/Zero, SHIN/Tremor).

- The scene where water bursts out in the church was a homage to the game's ending where the Lifestream flows out from the ground. For that reason, the camera angle was made the same.

- Since they had really wanted a scene showing Tifa and Aerith's connection, they added the "so you've been with us all along" scene. "

Comment

Aha, so I was right!

Comment

Originally posted by Smasholays
                      "Nomura gives some answers about the movie...

- There's a meaning to the angel statue, but they didn't say what. "
                      I think it's a representation of what Sephiroth once was. An angel with two wings, but now a fallen angel with only one. That's my only take or guess as to the possible meaning of that.

Anyone else feel similiarities to Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo? Maybe I'm trying to hard to relate each of them to one another but for example.

Cloud passing out, waking up with the wolf sure reminded me of Spike passing out and waking up next to the dog/cyote and indian all the time. Then as for a similiarity to Samurai Champloo, the japanese version. Reno is incredibly similiar to Mugen and Rude is just like Jin. Both in the way they speak but their mannerisms.

Double Post Edited:
                      Originally posted by TheGrandMom
                      Well, imo, what they were going for there was to show Cloud that Aeris wanted him to live and be happy. Also that he had people that cared about him, family, and he wasn't alone. I personally liked it because it drew the elements of the movie together to a conclusion.
                      That and it's the rebirth of Cloud, he truely is who he wants to be now. My take anyway.
                      Last edited by Nodachi; 10-02-2005, 02:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Nodachi
                        I think it's a representation of what Sephiroth once was. An angel with two wings, but now a fallen angel with only one. That's my only take or guess as to the possible meaning of that.
                        I agree 100% Unless there are some elements in the game where I missed something incredibly important (which I'm sure I didn't), there is no "angelic" theme besides one winged angel.

Originally posted by Nodachi
                        Anyone else feel similiarities to Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo? Maybe I'm trying to hard to relate each of them to one another but for example.

Cloud passing out, waking up with the wolf sure reminded me of Spike passing out and waking up next to the dog/cyote and indian all the time. Then as for a similiarity to Samurai Champloo, the japanese version. Reno is incredibly similiar to Mugen and Rude is just like Jin. Both in the way they speak but their mannerisms.
                        U'll find that other animes/manga that came after FFVII has some overlaps with FFVII characters.
                        noein 萌え

kagerou1.deviantart.com

Comment

Thanks for the notes Smasholays. Rate up. (:

Title: Sergeant Major
                          SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
                          Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
                          Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
                          Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

Working...
                          X