This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China bans games involving PvP

Does anyone have info on this? I heard from my gf who's in China right now and wondering if anyone has sites linked to this. I need a good laugh.

Re: China bans games involving PvP

Moved to General Gaming.
    PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
    Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
    WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
    Currently Playing:
    FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

That's pretty impossible...though legistation comes weirdly without warning in china.

After all right now china's most active games are WC3, and counter strike.

Comment

I understand why they do it even if i dont really like it. MMOs do suck up alot of time and Chinese(as well as most asian cultures) press really firmly on education, and they do not like kids spending time playing PvP games for hours on end. Some kids commit suicide for bad grades(as in not A grades that pass them into top colleges), so that shows its pretty damn important there unlike here where a C can get you passing. So while i understand it i might not like it too much.

Comment

I thought it was just for people under the age of 18..
          RDM75| DRG75

Comment

It is.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyphere
              I thought it was just for people under the age of 18..
              Yeah it is, I just wanna see if there's some news on it. I mean, the entire WoW forums were laughing their arses off. I don't think it's just FFXI who hates gil-sellers. WoW is beginning to be loaded with farmers as well. Only difference is we're allowed to kill them and I do >=)

Comment

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3142551

theres a link regarding it. have fun

Comment

Originally posted by Shiro_Hayate
                  Yeah it is, I just wanna see if there's some news on it. I mean, the entire WoW forums were laughing their arses off. I don't think it's just FFXI who hates gil-sellers. WoW is beginning to be loaded with farmers as well. Only difference is we're allowed to kill them and I do >=)
                  most of them suck at pvp anyway despite the fact that they're mostly rogues

gilsellers probably don't really thrive on pvp servers. they're nothing more than big fat honorable kill targets and i'm sure the opposing sides farm the farmers to farm hks.

...kind of makes me want to roll a character on a pvp server
                  observe the splendor of ping pong balls!

Comment

China will probably just half-ass it like they do with everything else on the internet. I.E. ban the I.P address.

Won't really change much, as about 80% of china's game crowd is from intranet lan and not internet.

Blizzard though will probably see its subscriber base dwindle, but most people in china wouldn't even know it existed, all they know is that some new part of the internet is banned...

Comment

Originally posted by lionx
                      I understand why they do it even if i dont really like it. MMOs do suck up alot of time and Chinese(as well as most asian cultures) press really firmly on education, and they do not like kids spending time playing PvP games for hours on end. Some kids commit suicide for bad grades(as in not A grades that pass them into top colleges), so that shows its pretty damn important there unlike here where a C can get you passing. So while i understand it i might not like it too much.
                      And Diablo II is reasponsible for over 10+ deaths in China.

And that is alot ...considering it is just a mere piece of software.

Comment

Are you being serious or sarcastic? O_o

Comment

Originally posted by Agnastar
                          And Diablo II is reasponsible for over 10+ deaths in China.

And that is alot ...considering it is just a mere piece of software.
                          If your not careful, you can cut your self on a CD.... somehow... >.> Well, they do sort of break apart sending small sharp shard flying through the air. But who would want to break a greate game like diablo II?? /sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by TBoTB
                            If your not careful, you can cut your self on a CD.... somehow... >.> Well, they do sort of break apart sending small sharp shard flying through the air. But who would want to break a greate game like diablo II?? /sarcasm
                            Argh, I hated Diablo II. And seriously, if China wants to have any chance of having a good rep they need to stop acting like idiots in /yell /2. trade in Iron Forge (basically Jeuno in relation to FFXI). Yesterday I was doing my normal auction house runs where I noticed the same person screaming "WTS <item> for <over priced bs>". Everyone started bitching at him because he was spamming it later and filled the chat box with the junk. Eventually, someone swore at him and is responded by pingyin which I translated and wham I start seeing hate words flying towards China.

I'm wondering though, how exactly are they going to ban games involving PvP for kids? If the parent signs up (in this case the company) they're over 18 and can allow the kids to play. I was hoping this might hinder the gil-selling, gold-farming, adena-farming, crap that's plagued our games but...god damn I only see this as amusement, it doesn't really help us at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiro_Hayate
                              Argh, I hated Diablo II. And seriously, if China wants to have any chance of having a good rep they need to stop acting like idiots in /yell /2. trade in Iron Forge (basically Jeuno in relation to FFXI). Yesterday I was doing my normal auction house runs where I noticed the same person screaming "WTS <item> for <over priced bs>". Everyone started bitching at him because he was spamming it later and filled the chat box with the junk. Eventually, someone swore at him and is responded by pingyin which I translated and wham I start seeing hate words flying towards China.

I'm wondering though, how exactly are they going to ban games involving PvP for kids? If the parent signs up (in this case the company) they're over 18 and can allow the kids to play. I was hoping this might hinder the gil-selling, gold-farming, adena-farming, crap that's plagued our games but...god damn I only see this as amusement, it doesn't really help us at all.
                              You realized you're using US-centric thinking....

China doesn't work that way... for one thing parents don't pay for subscriptions very much. They are paid in what is called, "prepaid cards" or a cyper cafed special subscriptions.

Asian countries don't really live on home, but rather cyber-cafe type lan estabishments. Parents would not even care, much less aware of their kids.

Heck with the way China is in this stage of the economic developement, this whole "family planning thing" is something only a US centric person would even consider. They just don't do it the same way.

China will probably enforce it by mass banning of IPs. Band WoW PvP servers for instance. They is no freedom of anything, in the fashion where if the government decides to ban, it's banned, and you move on. And so only really effective in stopping companies from making money rather then solve a problem, more Counterstrike again.

This excudes HK though, as I don't believe they are allowed censor HK in anyway, which is a big market for a little place.

Comment

Working...
                              X