This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official FANTASY EARTH Thread!

the graphics look very downgraded for a company such as square... but i might like this game, mayhap a nice game to play while taking a break from ffxi, or while camping that Hnm ;P

LETS HOPE THERE WONT BE ANY GILSELLERS
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree
      the graphics look very downgraded for a company such as square... but i might like this game, mayhap a nice game to play while taking a break from ffxi, or while camping that Hnm ;P

LETS HOPE THERE WONT BE ANY GILSELLERS
      you have a better chance at winning that lottery thing in norg ~.~

Comment

I'm not sure what to expect by looking at the trailer and graphics. It looks PvP based, with areas for you to build your own towns and settlements, but I'm not too sure.

Comment

If i cant get into the beta some how im definitly getting it when it goes to PC in japan.

Comment

Good, you'll be our official Fantasy Earth reporter.

Comment

dose anyone have any news on the beta? its coming out @ sometime in dec i forgot where i saw the date..but it was definitly dec somthing 2005 i've been looking everywhere on these japan sites...i cant find any news about beta =(

Take The quiz yourself!

(' ω ` *)

Comment

"Square Enix has released some new information on its upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game, Fantasy Earth: The Ring of Dominion. In a statement issued yesterday, the game developer said that part of Fantasy Earth would be set in a northwestern continent called Pictorion--aka the "Land of the Witches"--in the kingdom of Netsawal.

Fantasy Earth features six different continents, each one containing 15 potential battlefields. Overworld maps are color-coded to show which nations are in control. Players can initiate battles by challenging an opposing nation, building a keep, and then declaring war. Players can also come and go from battle as they like.

There are several kinds of keeps, including obelisk, watch tower, dragon altar, Hades' gate, and vokluftshoppe. Some keeps function as watchtowers or beast-summoning tools, while others let players amass land. Square Enix has also revealed two types of characters. Sorcerers specialize in attack magic, while shadow-walkers are warriors that specialize in stealth and backstabbing.

Fantasy Earth's backstory is marked by tensions between the barbarian tribes that live in Netsawal. A new king, Hyunkel, attempted to unite the land, but he and his family were forced into exile after a revolution. When he tried to regain his throne, one of the region's witches turned him into an unsightly beast. His daughter's love finally restored him, and he was able to bring peace to the land after taking the crown a third time."

Dated 1/27/05 @ GameSpot

Also this is PC only game.
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

so is this game all PvP then?

Comment

I have one problem with the game. They are sticking the faces of 8 year olds on the bodies of 21 year old supermodels... its really really disturbing.

Or as someone from another forum I visit put it
                    "I won't play a game where I'm a character with an 8 year old girl face, body of a 21 year old woman, and clothing from the local kinky strip club."

Now here is the screenshot in question
                    http://image.com.com/gamespot/images..._screen008.jpg

CoP/Zilart/San/Win Finished, Bastok 1-1

Comment

rofl!! Call me jaded, but I'm use to that from all the anime I've watched. It could just be that this "style" isn't as disturbing in japan?

It took this thread to point out this issue to me. But, I don't have much interest in this game anyway....

Title: Sergeant Major
                      SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
                      Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
                      Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
                      Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

i've been keeping tabs on this game recently, and i'm very interested in it! hope it comes out in america.

Comment

Considering that it is part of POL, there is a likely chance of US localization, the problem is that with the PS2 doomed...they're going to have to think if it's worth it with a crippled return bascially...may not bother with US as more development cost on an already shrinking ps2.

If it's ported to PS3, with a revamped POL portal, then it's in S-E's interest to spread it as wide as possible.

Bascially S-E has great plans for POL. Anything that makes people log onto POL, is like free advertising, for all future releases.

They may sink money in FE even if it's not expect to profit simply to increase POL subscribership.

Comment

Fantasy Earth is a PC-only MMO, so there's no problem of lack of Sony's PS2 support.
                            PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                            Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                            WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                            Currently Playing:
                            FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

so is there going to be a beta for Fantasy Earth like they did with FFXI. This games is interesting how its going to be played as a mmorpg with its different approach for battle..
                              RDM 50/SAM 38/WAR 24/BLM 27/WHM 30/SMN 50/DRG 23/NIN 20/MNK14/PLD14/BRD12
                              Shiva,Ifrit,Ramuh,Leviathan,Garuda,Titan Obtained.

Comment

Is this game coming out in English? And if it is do you guys think it'll be before or after FMO (Front Mission Online)? I wonder what the PvP will be like, hope fully Square will do so in a way that the players themselves can deal with "gil-sellers". As long as it's nothing stupid like Lineage 2 and something like WoW I wanna play =D

Comment

Working...
                                X