Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

longest time away (mine was 8-20-2007 until today!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• longest time away (mine was 8-20-2007 until today!)

A related question would be: longest time away from FFXI

(even if I am unable to recover my character - that's fine, I'll try for my user name )

Gregory "Achaicus" W.

(maybe still?) 70 Bard

fyi - my signature is lso eight years old and it totally does not apply anymore! haha
    Last edited by Achaicus; 09-08-2015, 04:39 PM.
    while helping a friend with a HL level mission..
    "np - just raise me again - Bard is still effective while cursed,
    plus, just being a Bard IS a exp buffer"

Re: longest time away (mine was 8-20-2007 until today!)

I haven't played it since around 2006 / 2007. I think I tried to login some time ago but couldn't get my password to work (as u need load of login details)

Anyway, gave up at that point. Tried account recovery recently, to link the old account to the current system, that more or less worked ok but I haven't tried the client.

I just don't have it in me anymore
    "OH NO! A BOURGEOIS BIG-BOLLOCKED BOILER!!!!! THATS ALL I NEED", Conker The Squirrel, 2001
    www.raspberrypi.org
    Oi may be from the West Coutry but i'm not a hobbit, a pirate or a farmer me old shagger

Comment

I have been looking at some youtube videos of people playing after a long hiatus and it is no longer a matter of waiting for hours looking for a party-
      in fact, you use the "new" trust magic to summon NPCs to form your own party.

Furthermore, it is possible to reach up to level 99 within a week (or a month?) and I did see someone who did so in two days (but also had other characters which were maximized and so this player was already well established in the game in its current incarnation).

Also, the death exp loss is not as great a hit to you if you die without a raise (also, it is not too terribly dangerous to level). But, also, there are a number of factors in the game which have been modified in order to provide you with a good gaming experience (from various youtube videos of players that I have been watching).

To summarize, these days you may actually play the game solo and no longer have to wait at all in order to make progress leveling or completing many other things in the game.

Even with all of the free-to-play games out there, I still prefer FFXI. I also occasionally play a space/sci-fi game. I suppose that I should try FFXIV, but, so far, I do not see the gaming experience to be congruent to that which I enjoy in FFXI. The only other FRPG MMO games that I am familiar with which provide a setting that include the various aspects what I like in a on-line fantasy game are NeverWinter Nights, and Vanguard Saga of Heroes (but, sadly, Vanguard is gone ). NWN is great- and it will "never" die (because the software utilities were released with which individuals may put up their own world servers) but it is not the "sandbox" experience we have with games like FFXI (NWN is limited to having just under 100 players logged in a single server at any one time.. even then, it becomes more laggy).

..so please Please PLEASE restore help me restore my old account SE ! :D

(if that is possible! crossing my fingers here )

Comment

I've just un-subbed FFXIV for an extended break
        "OH NO! A BOURGEOIS BIG-BOLLOCKED BOILER!!!!! THATS ALL I NEED", Conker The Squirrel, 2001
        www.raspberrypi.org
        Oi may be from the West Coutry but i'm not a hobbit, a pirate or a farmer me old shagger

Comment

I have come to the conclusion that the "FFXI" of today is NOT that which I previously participated in-
          in short, it has already died a slow death, in my opinion.

However, I stumbled across a private server which is committed to remaining faithful to the pre-99 "nerf" and am actually enjoying what I believe is as both as good as and is better then what was once here before-

Achaicus,

Game On!

Comment

I am an newbie here so hope to stay here for a long time

Comment

Working...
            X