Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNN - More about ratings than truth.

Eliot Spitzer signs off 'In The Arena' – In the Arena - CNN.com Blogs

So now they've axed Spitzer, because that pinhead Anderson Cooper draws in more ratings. Never mind that the he's a rich, spoiled little airhead. God FORBID they keep a sane liberal on the air who actually knows his stuff and calls people out on their bullshit. That's the other reason they've canned his show - Eliot told the truth. They're bumping Jon King off the 7 p.m. slot too, though lately he's gotten to be as much of a sellout as Wolf.

So I guess this just leaves Fareed on Sunday Mornings now. Since he's only on once a week though he's probably safe (for now).

Really just disgusted with CNN & American media in general. Thankfully Brian Williams is fairly popular and Tavis Smiley is on PBS. But you go CNN, keep putting on pinheads like Anderson & Piers.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Re: CNN - More about ratings than truth.

This surprises anyone?

I like Anderson Cooper, though. He's dreamy.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Re: Title

Duh.
      Originally posted by Armando
      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
      Originally posted by Armando
      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
      Matthew 16:15

Comment

The media? Corrupt?

Who knew?

Comment

Holy shit, someone alert the media. Oh wait.

Comment

...Does anyone of sane mind actually get their news from "conventional" sources? (IE: CNN / MSNBC / Faux News / etc.)
            sigpic

Comment

Gee, media outlets are businesses which put value on what they earn?

Didn't you ever watch a show about some kid trying to be honest with the student paper, but having nobody reading it or anything like that when you were growing up? Come on, this isn't something a grown man should just now be figuring out.

Comment

Originally posted by Etra View Post
                ...Does anyone of sane mind actually get their news from "conventional" sources? (IE: CNN / MSNBC / Faux News / etc.)
                If you parse some of it for the better/legit news talents (like Brian Williams & Fareed) - yes. Most of them are just corporate dregs though.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm more pissed about MSNBC axing Cenk Uygur and replacing him with Al Sharpton because Cenk was too critical of Obama and Al will ride Obama's nuts until they bleed.

Comment

@_@;

Was kinda hoping the whole Murdoc scandal would take a bite out of FOX but it looks like that won't happen sadly.

I miss Tim Russert

Also, I still wanna know if Glenn Beck was always batshit, or if he went under some kind of brainwashing when he left CNN for Fox.
                    sigpic

Comment

I feel Glenn doesn't believe half the shit he says, he just says things that will feed on people's inherent fears of things that are different. It's probably why every sentence he uses either has "Marxist Communist" or "Muslim Brotherhood" in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                        Also, I still wanna know if Glenn Beck was always batshit, or if he went under some kind of brainwashing when he left CNN for Fox.
                        No, he just has a sense of humor you're not adept at understanding because you're far too cynical for your age to understand he's kidding most of the time.

Guys like him and Rush Limbaugh aren't serious journalists - they're commentators and they're out to entertain their audience.

Most people stray from calling themselves a "journalist" because the idea of journalism has become a complete and utter fucking joke. And as someone that majored in Journalism, there's not a person on the face of the earth I can hold a grudge against for feeling cynical toward the media.

Because when I pick up a newspaper these days to read a front page story, I now get editorial. The reporter's take is not supposed to even fucking be there - that's for the features sections and opinion columns, but they now paint the news to their liking on the front page and they do it to pull your strings on political issues.

In prior decades, it was there, too. They've just given up being subtle because they can see their end coming

Newspaper knows its dead. Cable news knows its not long for this world. TV knows where the wind is blowing. They are now reducing themselves to sensationalism to scare the only demographics they really have left - the baby boomers heading into retirement. They are now the new "old people" to scare.

The only old medium that isn't shitting its pants right now is radio, but then, radio was the original social media. TV and newspaper weren't as keen on taking things like phone calls. Radio merges right into podcasting perfectly. When the power goes out, radio can still be on. There's just no stopping it.

That's not to say radio is devoid of sensationalism, but when you're the least threatened group out there's probably going to be more choices and honest voices there. I do like listening to local radio because they have less of an agenda - the only agenda there really is life around them, which is life around you.
                        Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 07-28-2011, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately, Beck has hundreds of thousands (if not more) of people who believe that he's telling them the gods honest truth, and not that he's putting on a show for them. And while you can say that's their own fault for being dumb, the fact remains that he doesn't make an effort to clue people in to this fact and thus is responsible for spreading a shit ton of false information. And that's just as deplorable as any of the other tactics other "news" personalities use. If not more so.

For every person that I know who thinks Beck and Rush are full of it, and/or are merely a source of entertainment, not information, I know at least 10 who think they are the only people out there speaking the truth. And nothing I can say, no facts I can provide, will convince them otherwise.

Comment

Well, there is the fact Rush says on a near-regular basis that he's a commentator. I've listened often enough to hear it more than once. Beck I don't listen to that often, so I don't know if he does, but I can pretty much fault anyone for taking Rush out of context - its practically become a part of his entertainment.

He says something too ridiculous to be taken seriously - something meant to be absurd - and someone takes it seriously and calls in angry. Or reports it out of context, as that happens as well..

Comment

To be fair, I feel that Beck is the worse of the two.

Comment

Working...
                              X