2011 NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 NFL Draft

Well, it's today, and though naysayers believe there won't be an NFL season, or there will be alot of games missed, I disagree. The players and the owners have spent there time posturing for position. Before the courts ruled that the owners couldn't keep the 4-5 billion dollars worth of television money to themselves, whether they actually played the 2011 NFL season, the owners had the upper hand. After this ruling it was more of a neutral postion. The owners then declared this season a lockout, which kept the players from communicating with the coaching staff, and unable to work out at the teams facility. Well earlier this week, a judge ruled that the lockout was unconstitutional, voided the lockout, and forced the owners and players together for more mediat ion.

What it boils down to is this. The owners are being forced to come to an agreement, and the players ultimately NEED to come to an agreement. The average football players career is roughly 3 years in the NFL. The can't afford to miss any games, they need ot get paid since their "career lifespan" is so short.

So, all that being said, IT'S DRAFT DAY BABY!!!! Who's a fan of who? Who want's their team to draft what positions, and who would you ideally like to get?

I'm a redskin fan, and we have the 10th overall pick. We have needs really all over, QB, WR, OLB, OL, and DL. I'm actually going to be happy with whatever we pick to be honest since there's so many needs. As long as we pick the best player available. I'd like to see us get Julio Jones at WR, Robert Quinn at DE (which we would convert to OLB), or a power DT like Bowers or Fairly. There have been trade rumors that the redskins are actually looking to trade down to pick Blain Gabbert. This is also somewhat exciting since he has the potential to be a franchise QB. He did really well on the wonderlick test (around a 42) and he's been said to have a photographic memory, which can really help out at the QB position.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!
    75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
    RANK 10 Bastok
    CoP: Done
    ZM: Done
    ToA: Done
    Assault rank: Captain
    Campaign Medal: Medals
    Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
    This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Re: 2011 NFL Draft

I've been a Cowboys fan since I was a little girl, but I haven't followed football in the past few years. Hockey and baseball for me. Though at this point, I'll be really glad if there is a season since the world just wouldn't be the same without football. Could you imagine the world with no Super Bowl? It's a dark, scary place.

(I mean, if you remove the necessity for a terrible halftime show, that is.)

Looking forward to this shit getting worked out. Though around here, it's all about the college football, too, so that's gonna be exciting.
    sigpic
    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Working...
    X