There can be only one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There can be only one

Been a long time since I was an active member of these forums, but a few people may still remember me and be interested in reading this. I'm taking a grad class at Purdue which requires me to run a blog, so I finally decided to add what I believe to be an interesting post about some of my unusual life adventures thus far. Let me know what you think.

Adam's World: Dear Charlie
    Gatts - PLD75/WAR37

Re: There can be only one

What bullshit degree are you aiming for?

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
      What bullshit degree are you aiming for?
      IT Project Management. The blog class is unrelated to my research and actually nothing like I imagined it would be.
      Last edited by abknight; 03-16-2011, 01:01 PM.
      Gatts - PLD75/WAR37

Comment

Wierd, cause that sounds legit. Some other guy here had a class where he was made to play an MMO. What the hell is college for, these days?

Comment

Well, it doesn't work toward getting people employed. It seems like a great way to get lower twenty-somethings into serious mountains of debt.
          sigpic
          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

There's a huge scandal right now in the D.C.-area with the Washington Post and whatever online college they're running. They're being accused of convincing people to take out loans for their classes, forcing them to take a multitude of classes they don't need, then offering no support when the semester's oversized class load takes its toll. Recruiters are encouraged to seek out certain race/economic combinations for increased chances in them dropping out.

Comment

That is seriously fucked up, and I'm certain it's not the only school that does it.

Yeah, the economy's really gonna recover when you fucks kill the 20-somethings who are just barely trying to make their start in this world.
              sigpic

Comment

That's a major problem nation-wide. For-profit colleges sell bogus degrees for exorbitant prices and then the graduates still aren't qualified for the jobs they want.
                Gatts - PLD75/WAR37

Comment

And the government does absolutely nothing for the people who are supposed to be our future. It's not that they should have too much of a part in it, but it's in this country's best interest to field intelligent people.

Most colleges know all too well that their primary reason for existence is being a hot spot for parties. What a horrible joke it must be, to be a professor, when your students are all self-impaired, alcohol-soaked idiots recoving from perpetual hang-overs.

Luckily, I found a satellite campus without housing. No parties. Just serious students. It was probably the best experience of my life.

Comment

I've been trying to go back to school but I've never been interested in the partying thing. I got it out of my system one weekend when I was stationed in Germany - two days after we returned from Kuwait - and I just didn't get the appeal. Other people in the unit would go out and get trashed every single weekend and I was just like .......... why?

Then again, the drinking age there is 18, which explains a lot. You'd have some kids join the military, go through training, get stationed in Germany, drink like fish for two years, and come back home to the States still unable to legally drink. It's pretty sad.

And kind of off-topic I guess. I'm just not interested in that. I never really have been. Sure I drink sometimes but so infrequently it hardly bears mentioning.
                    sigpic

Comment

Purdue..more like Purdon't!!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahaha

Can you guess where I got my undergrad degree from?

I'm sorry I couldn't help myself, I grew up in Bloomington.
                      Last edited by Gobo; 03-18-2011, 07:25 AM.
                      sigpic
                      Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

I've been dragged to a few college parties. If you've never been, it's basically a small apartment filled to the brim with kids; loud music is played while everybody attempts to hold a shoutversation while not spilling their beer on somebody else. People come and out, smoke and drink, converse through shouts, and it's the "wildest" thing ever.

Comment

I just can't stand all the asshole kids who are in school on their parents' dime and honestly believe that they are entitled to whatever they want. I'm talking about both the kids who think it's fine to ride along on coattails of the very few hard-working students, and the elitist asshole kids who think they're THE shit and that everyone should bow down to them. I've been at Purdue for way too long and resent a lot about it.

Also, IU LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
                          Gatts - PLD75/WAR37

Comment

We have a few really good colleges within driving distance. There is the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Marquette University, and Milwaukee School of Engineering. My son attends Milwaukee of School of Engineering (MSOE) for his second degree. He doesn't live on campus and he pays his own tuition. He's on the Dean's List quite often and is actually enjoying most of his experience. If you are going to college just to get away from your parents and party, then you are a waste of space.
                            Originally posted by Feba
                            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                            Originally posted by Taskmage
                            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                            Originally posted by DakAttack
                            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

You can buy your degrees from Ivy League colleges with a generous grant to their numerous "non-profit" foundations.

Comment

Working...
                              X