• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Governor Pranked

Caller Poses As Billionaire, Pranks Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker : NPR

I just lul'd.

Re: Wisconsin Governor Pranked

Ya, Scott Walker is a f**king dictator. I have honestly never disliked a political figure more than this man...he takes the cake. He's going to really f**k up our state. I'm glad they made him look like a total wiener.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

That guy is made of win.

I love the last line: "I'll tell you what, Scott, once you crush these bastards, I'll fly you out to Cali and really show you a good time."

Comment

I wish you guys in WI the best of luck... should you fall to this dictator's scheme, all working class citizens may need more than just luck.
        FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
        FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
        aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

While I tend to side with unions as far as upholding their right to collective bargaining goes, personally I am extremely disappointed by the way democrats have handled this issue by going into hiding to stall the issue for as long as possible. If it is inevitable, it is inevitable and it's doing nobody favors to drag it on as such.

On the bright side in politics, Obama has taken a stand against DOMA, so that's nice.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ketaru
            On the bright side in politics, Obama has taken a stand against DOMA
            So did Kefka.

[Poison][Doma Castle][Water][You can have this.]
            Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 02-23-2011, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketaru View Post
              While I tend to side with unions as far as upholding their right to collective bargaining goes, personally I am extremely disappointed by the way democrats have handled this issue by going into hiding to stall the issue for as long as possible. If it is inevitable, it is inevitable and it's doing nobody favors to drag it on as such.

On the bright side in politics, Obama has taken a stand against DOMA, so that's nice.
              I'm glad the Dems did what they did. They stood up for their constituents. Republicans have used the same tactic so whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Throwing your arms up in the air and saying its inevitable doesn't take any courage, standing up for what you believe in does. I have a horrible cold from picketing last week or I'd be out there today too.
              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I personally don't see any heroes here, just obstructers of progress all around.

Unions keeping really shitty teachers employed. Shit teachers, we've all had them and they benefit from unions.
                Republicans coming down too hard on cutting jobs, no real plans, just hard cuts. Brilliant.
                Democrats standing on the other and shirking their elected duty. No ideas here, either, just sore losers postponing the inevitable.
                The president once again telling states how to run themselves, which isn't his job. We don't crown a king, fuck off.

Everyone thinking about themselves, their image, their money and their careers and not giving one single damn about the students and making their futures better. To hell with the lot of them.

It will end the same as it always does - an overemphasis on math and science everything else remains on the decline. As an added bonus, they will drag math and science down with them. Seriously, you think it would kill schools to encourage a stronger emphasis on history, reading, writing and the arts?
                Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 02-23-2011, 03:31 PM.

Comment

It very well may be inevitable but at least Dems walking out put a needed spotlight upon what was happening. I think that aspect is very positive. This coulda just gone over all honky-dory. Essentially fucking many people in the process. Citizens need to understand where their representatives stand on issues that directly affect the way they are treated in the work place. This particular instance sure does just that.

Amazing how the ignorant can be so skilled at ignoring their ignorance.

Dark times aren't over...
                  FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                  FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                  aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

I'm glad the Dems did what they did. They stood up for their constituents. Republicans have used the same tactic so whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Throwing your arms up in the air and saying its inevitable doesn't take any courage, standing up for what you believe in does. I have a horrible cold from picketing last week or I'd be out there today too.
                    I'm not even talking about the picketers, I'm talking about the Democrats that fled the state and went into hiding. All it has achieved thus far is the governor of WI threatening to cut jobs as the alternative means to working on their budget. Republicans have the upper hand here. All these politicians on high have to do is keep this up for a while and ultimately everybody will be worse off because of it. Or maybe you think Scott Walker will blink first?
                    sigpic

Comment

The prank was the only lulz here. The rest of it lie solely with your political views. I personally find the whole thing a circus. Sad reality is that this country isn't anywhere near in bad condition as the mass media would like you to believe. Japan ran an even worse debt to GDP ratio during the 90s and haven't yet collapsed. Lots of countries in the old Soviet bloc are experiencing way higher unemployment rates and they haven't yet descended into uncontrolled chaos.

I find myself needing a bigger salt shaker to take it all in.

(BTW most of the money being floated about is not physically real ... it's our BELIEF in the money system that creates the value. You guys should read up on this subject as it's pretty fascinating)

Comment

The prank was the only lulz here. The rest of it lie solely with your political views. I personally find the whole thing a circus. Sad reality is that this country isn't anywhere near in bad condition as the mass media would like you to believe. Japan ran an even worse debt to GDP ratio during the 90s and haven't yet collapsed. Lots of countries in the old Soviet bloc are experiencing way higher unemployment rates and they haven't yet descended into uncontrolled chaos.
                        Perhaps it may all be buzz words about creating jobs and controlling the deficit. Yet I still find it amazing that nobody ever seems to have any ideas about how to boost revenue, except perhaps for increasing taxes which is the one solution all politicians try to leave out of their punch lines. Otherwise, we're spending less, but still spending. All we can do is hope we're not next to be cut.

Our executive director for our agency has to advocate for the consumers of our agency (the developmentally disabled population) down in Trenton. So far, he has been pretty successful at making sure our clients get the money they need. Yet the less functional among them need full government support to get care and medications. And, at least in the group home I supervise, it is becoming increasingly difficult to get the medications our clients need covered. There are some groups out there who would love to see funding for the DD population cut, but "Slash spending for the mentally retarded" makes for a poor campaign hook, so they go after Medicare/Medicaid instead.

So yes. They may not be out on the streets (and I not out of a job) yet, but way things are right now, it is making things more complicated.

Unfortunately, the system opens itself up for abuse. In fact, one of the consumers at our home abuses it pretty badly. I can sometimes understand where Republicans are coming from- our guys don't pay taxes, they don't work, they depend solely on the government for all their healthcare needs. Most of our guys make due with what they have. But we have one consumer who is in the hospital right now because he seems to have lost the ability to walk. We are 99% sure it is just a behavioral thing because he has a history of feigning illness. But just to cover our behinds, we have to send him to the hospital. And the hospital, to cover their behinds, have to give him all sorts of expensive medical tests, all paid for by the taxpayers of NJ. But all it takes is 1 time where he's genuinely sick and kicks off. And the state of NJ will find somebody to be liable for it.

In the end, all tests seem to indicate there's nothing wrong with him. And even so, the doctors have prescribed him rehab anyway...all paid for by the state.

The guy openly admits he likes going to the hospital because he likes the nice nurses who satiate his attention seeking behavior.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
                          Sad reality is that this country isn't anywhere near in bad condition as the mass media would like you to believe.
                          Hey now, Glenn Beck is only PART of the mass media. Most of them are a lot less doom-predicting.
                          Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                          RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                          All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                            It will end the same as it always does - an overemphasis on math and science everything else remains on the decline. As an added bonus, they will drag math and science down with them. Seriously, you think it would kill schools to encourage a stronger emphasis on history, reading, writing and the arts?
                            Not sure where you went to school, but mine balanced our studies quite well. We didn't have an over-emphasis on anything, really. Except maybe in 8th grade... Where we were learning 3 languages during one semester. lol

(I'm assuming you're not talking about college. Because all those classes are electoral unless it's a part of your major.)
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ketaru View Post
                              I'm not even talking about the picketers, I'm talking about the Democrats that fled the state and went into hiding. All it has achieved thus far is the governor of WI threatening to cut jobs as the alternative means to working on their budget. Republicans have the upper hand here. All these politicians on high have to do is keep this up for a while and ultimately everybody will be worse off because of it. Or maybe you think Scott Walker will blink first?
                              Do you know the entire story? The employees are willing to give Mr. Walker all that he asked for except taking away their collective bargaining rights. He says that he's all about balancing the budget and they are willing to give him the money but he won't deal with them. I think we all know how the world works, each side gives and takes.......he won't even bargain. Thats being a dictator....do it my way or hit the highway. And yes now the douchebag is even threatening to cut public employee jobs if he doesn't get his way. To top it off, he was doing this all underhandedly too. It was supposed to fly under the radar and get passed with little notice. He's also in talks with other new Republican governors to get similar legislation passed in their states. This entire thing is slimey, underhanded, and wrong.

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                              Unions keeping really shitty teachers employed. Shit teachers, we've all had them and they benefit from unions.

Everyone thinking about themselves, their image, their money and their careers and not giving one single damn about the students and making their futures better. To hell with
                              the lot of them.
                              Wisconsin is number two in SAT scores. States without collective bargaining for teachers are the bottom five.

Walker will take care of that though. In his state budget, he is gutting education too. He's even considering refusing federal Title 1 aid for low-income students. Right now our federal stipend has been reduced $100 million because the stimulus has come to an end and Mr. Walker is going to cut education in the state a further1 billion.

Comment

Working...
                              X