Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !Halloween costumes

LET US DISCUSS.

Personally, I am looking into something I can make up cheaply. Zombie is cheap and easy; just requires a bit of makeup and destroying some clothes. Problem is that whatever I wear has to be able to go on the subway; Zombie is portable and easy to get around in, but I don't think people on the trains with their kids would appreciate a foreigner with ripped up clothing who appears to be bleeding profusely. Applying fake blood in a bathroom would be troublesome.

All of my previous costumes, while awesome, are no longer options. Big four (all from before 13, shuddap) were Gundam (holy fuck this one kicked so much ass. Styrofoam MASTERPIECE thanks to a local artist friend), Jawa (complete with glowing eyes so effective that mall security made me take the mask off because I was scaring kids), Teddy bear (as long term feba fans will know), and Pikachu (as I said, shuddap)

Age rules out most of those; impracticalities rules out the rest.

Re: !Halloween costumes

You still could do the teddy bear. Style it after that Naughty Bear game. And...

Gundam, Jawa, Teddy Bear, Pickachu.....pics or it didn't happen.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I'm looking into mad scientist now, since feba easily has the hair to pull it off; and from there it's just a matter of the lab coat, maybe some goggles, and other random stuff.

I'm not sure if I have photos, and if i do I have no idea where they are.

Comment

Oh they have GREAT hair products in Japan too so that would really help with the mad scientist look. Make sure to put some grey into that hair! I could borrow you some....hell you can HAVE it! lol

Booo at no pics!
        Originally posted by Feba
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        Originally posted by DakAttack
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

This.

Something I came across while searching for my avatar. I think the concept of it just being "made" is creepy by itself.
          Originally posted by Yygdrasil
          Originally posted by Nandito
          Ponies.

Duh.
          You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

You're better off going for something that doesn't have blood on it, as you're in Japan. lol Gogo teddy bear?

As for me, was going to go as Katie Price (yeah, I'm a dude), but couldn't find the wig or big enough fake boobs. Meh.
            sigpic

Comment

A couple I've thought about are Dr. Horrible (in the same vein as mad scientist) or Captain Hammer.
              Probably gonna go the 80's punker route. Something funky with your hair, holey jeans, and a 70's/80's era punk band shirt.
              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

The problem with teddy bear costume, other than the fact that I already get random girls coming up to me, calling me cute, and patting me on the head, is that that sucker is hot. Which sure, is fine when you're out walking around your neighborhood in late October; it's an entirely different beast when you're crossing Tokyo. For those of you who haven't been here, Japanese people have a stair fetish. There's usually one elevator one any given train platform; so basically I'd have a choice between feeling like even more of a dweeb and taking that, or getting very very overheated.

Not to mention that I doubt it fits anymore, I'd have to have it shipped from the states, I'd have to get at least a little bit of makeup (brown nose REQUIRED), I'd have to find a way to carry my wallet in it, etc.

...still tempted though. It is a fucking awesome costume.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Originally posted by Caspian View Post
                Probably gonna go the 80's punker route. Something funky with your hair, holey jeans, and a 70's/80's era punk band shirt.
                The problem is, I'm in Japan. That's basically what the places I'm going to are actually like.

Japanese music basically is like America's 20 years ago. Been like that for awhile.

Comment

If you were in the States already I'd go with classic Teddy-Feba.

But since you are in Japan you should go with either Jedi/Sith or an Umbrella USBC Merc. /nodnod
                  sigpic
                  "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                  Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

If you can convince a friend to go in the other costume I think this is pure win.

Comment

I got nothing, really.

Comment

Yes, BBQ, because feba is androgynous enough to pull off a schoolgirl, and insane enough to try to bring a katana into fucking Shibuya.

TGM, on hair products, yes they have them, but one, they're all made for Japanese hair, so I doubt they'd be terribly effective on the Febafro. And gray's fine, but you have no idea how much hair salons around here charge, and I'd have no way of pulling it off myself.

Need to find a place where I can both borrow a friend's lighter and set fire to a lab coat without pissing anyone off. Which probably means in the middle of campus. Which probably means there are going to be a lot of Japanese students wondering what the Americans are doing on the ground and, hey, is that coat on fire? What the hell?

Any other tips for effective mad scientist? My hair, I just wash, fuck with some of the paste I've got already, and basically try to ruin as best I can. Lab coat I intend to burn, maybe try to get some other good stains and tears in, if I'm feeling really dedicated sowing in elbows or something. Probably should try to find some cheap goggles (They do nothing). Underclothes, my usual should be fine, although I intend to wear my running shoes instead of my more fashionable pair (which I am calling my "Shibuya Shoes").

Comment

Go as a Japanese person.
                          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Straw Hat Luffy
                            ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I guess I'll be the one to say it:

Feba, why did you name the thread "NOT Halloween costumes"?
                              Originally posted by Armando
                              No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                              Originally posted by Armando
                              Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                              GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                              However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                              Matthew 16:15

Comment

Working...
                              X