Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment - In RL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment - In RL

Why the hell has no one made this thread yet? Come on guys, let's brag about some of the crap we've done outside of our gaming characters. I know you guys are doing great things at work, at home, in school, and everywhere.

For me, it's been my weight loss efforts. I'm not fat by most people's standards, but I am overweight. I also weigh a lot more in numbers than I actually look because I have always carried a lot of muscle from dancing and being in the Army.

Well, so far since I've been actively tracking and upping my workouts/lowering my food intake, I've dropped 6 pounds, and today, I put on a pair of pants that I bought a month ago that I could barely get up over my ass, let alone button up ... and I did the button. Success!!! They're not comfortable to wear yet, but give it a few more weeks and I'll be able to wear those pants for more than a few minutes. Hell yeah!

Normally I wouldn't buy something like that, but they didn't have my size so I bought them a size smaller knowing that I'm trying to shrink. It turned out to not be a waste of money.

Anyway, let the thread of bragging rights commence!
    sigpic
    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment - In RL

got an internship for the summer. hurray
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Finished another Anime AMV Trailer and uploaded it to youtube lol. Have an Idea for a Robin Hood trailer but am too lazy to work on it for some reason.
      {New Sig in the works}
      -----------------------
      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
      "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
      Originally posted by Solymir
      What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Oh cool for all of you so far.
        {Congratulations} Aks for being bootylicious.
        Can we see tour trailer @ Dura.
        Oooh what's your internship for?

My achievent isnt that big.
        Theres only one thing in nursing I've attempted that's made me feel like I was about to feint. On Friday I assisted one of the junior doctors fixing a central line in place this particular one is in the internal jugular vein in the neck which before always made me feel a touch light headed afterwards. But this time I was fine.
        Yay me ! woo /cheer !

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

Originally posted by Satori View Post
          Can we see tour trailer @ Dura.
          [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj7rf0m45wg"]YouTube- Toward The Terra - Star Trek Trailer[/nomedia]

There are a few others on there as well, I just do them for fun when I'm bored lol.
          {New Sig in the works}
          -----------------------
          "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
          "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
          Originally posted by Solymir
          What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Funny, I was just thinking about making such a thread, due to just happening to have something rather appropriate to post in it: This past Friday and Saturday was all sorts of epic fun and hanging out with friends, today being a day for recuperation (biblical, ain't it?). It was murder on my sleep schedule, but I can safely and easily say that this was a weekend without regrets.

Saturday I also got to talk with my friend that I talked about in the Pet Peeves in RL thread (he was the guy hosting the party that day, anyway). Turns out there were a few projects and stuff he was busy with the entire time. We apologized to each other, and communication was open between us once more; it was a party that day, after all.
            Last edited by Yellow Mage; 05-09-2010, 03:33 PM.
            Originally posted by Armando
            No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
            Originally posted by Armando
            Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
            However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
            Matthew 16:15

Comment

I like your videos Dura.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                Saturday I also got to talk with my friend that I talked about in the Pet Peeves in RL thread (he was the guy hosting the party that day, anyway). Turns out there were a few projects and stuff he was busy with the entire time. We apologized to each other, and communication was open between us once more; it was a party that day, after all.
                I am extremely happy to hear this, YM!

As for accomplishments, I have a hard time accepting mine. I feel that if I talk about them then I'm bragging and that could lead to bad things. Yes I know that is superstitious and silly...blah, blah, blah...but I try not to step on cracks, go under ladders, and yes, I knock on wood. lol But I will say that I am proud of the volunteer work I do, when I'm able.
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                  I am extremely happy to hear this, YM!

As for accomplishments, I have a hard time accepting mine. I feel that if I talk about them then I'm bragging and that could lead to bad things. Yes I know that is superstitious and silly...blah, blah, blah...but I try not to step on cracks, go under ladders, and yes, I knock on wood. lol But I will say that I am proud of the volunteer work I do, when I'm able.
                  Gloating is one thing, but if someone asks you, there's shouldn't be a problem.
                  ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Same accomplishment (pretty much) but a coworker noticed, and I quote, "Whatever you're doing to watch your figure, it's working." That put a big smile on my face.

Also, got moved back to my previous position at work, since the girl that was set to replace me was fired. Somewhat of a direct quote from the mouth of my supervisor: "You're the only one I can trust out of the workers I have that can go back to that position."

And one of the security guards complimented my outfit.

Fuck yes, I'm awesome today.
                    sigpic
                    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Got an unexpected promotion during a team meeting yesterday! /glee

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
                      WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Truece View Post
                        Got an unexpected promotion during a team meeting yesterday! /glee
                        I read this and immediately broke into song.

MOVIN ON UP... (movin on up)... TO THE EAST SIDE... (to the east side)... TO A D-LUX APARTMENT IN THE SKY!!!

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                        99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                        99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Got cast recently as a lead role in Agatha Christie's AND THEN THERE WERE NONE. Should be good play. The play is different than the book because they didn't think audiences would flock to a play where everyone's dedz. I will have a few firsts in this performance.

First time shooting a stage-gun in a show.

First stage kiss (unless it's cut). ~ and as such

First time kissing a married woman should the kiss remain.

~~~~~~~

Surprisingly, I made it to 31yrs old today as well. Now, I just to get thru this month without herniating another (or the same) disk and it'll be 1000's of times better than last years Bday. It wasn't even bedroom gymnastics... f'n hackysack... watch out when leaping from high spots the sak is kikt to....
                          FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                          FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                          aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Lol You gotta watch that shit! You aren't getting any younger!

Btw...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
                            Originally posted by Feba
                            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                            Originally posted by DakAttack
                            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

One week left of classes until the term (and semester, year, etc) are finished.

Awesome part is that the term only started last week.

One week break followed by working on-campus in summer while living in a dorm that doesn't have any kind of air conditioning, and whose construction is so old they only allow so many window units. If it weren't for the fact that summers in Wisconsin get up to high 90s+ I probably wouldn't be complaining. Last year wasn't all that great though -- if it wasn't for the window unit my roommate had, I'm not sure how long I would have lasted....

And, 9 more days until rental car companies say I can drive.
                              Kindadarii (Bahamut)
                              90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
                              70.3 + 2 Woodworking
                              52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Working...
                              X