Gaming snacks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming snacks...

...so what are some of your favorite gaming munchies? I was sitting here today and the UPS guy dropped off a present from Japan with some of my favorite munchies! (So this is 10 pounds to the hips easy!) I'm a sweets lover so I go for all that stuff thats not good for you! lol Here are some of my favorites...

Collons
    Milk Coffee Kit Kats
    Yan Yan (Vanilla is my favorite but the Strawberry/Chocolate combo is good too)
    Hi Chew - Berry (actually just about any flavor!)
    Pocky (Strawberry with bits...MUST have the bits!)
    Dasses cookies (White Chocolate YES PLEASE!)
    and one of my all time favorites...

BUTTER BAUMKUCHEN!!! (Its actually a German sweet bread that my Grandma used to make and since I miss her so it holds a lot of nostalgia)

I also received a little note telling me to SHARE WITH MY GRANDCHILDREN!!! Awwwwwwww...

So....what do you like?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TheGrandMom; 04-22-2010, 01:55 PM. Reason: Kit kats were wrong
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Re: Gaming snacks...

Fritos or liquor.
    I tend to be a minimalist when it comes to food while gaming. Usually I just have something to drink.
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Nothing, because I'm too busy playing a game.
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

nice stash there TGM, love how its all Japanese snakes ;p I have never ordered "food" like that before, where do you go? because I need me some over seas munchies..... or did someone buy that for you?

as for now, I normally have a box of Cheeze-Its handy or skittles. If I am going to seriously game I prepair some Summer Sausage and cheese, and build me a snack platter with crackers.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

TGM, could you do me a favor and post (or PM/email if they'd be too large) some photos of the packages close up?

On topic, I usually don't keep food near me when I'm gaming anymore. Just asking for accidents usually.

When I do game, it's usually intensively, which means a day at a time. It sounds terrible, but it's the same way I go through books, TV shows, movie trilogies, and so on. I usually keep two large glasses of water nearby (very large; used to be fast food drink cups, but they're very reusable. Thanks, steak and shake, your food's usually disgusting but your glasses are pretty useful). Generally I'll play while I eat, since I'm aiming to get things done.

The one time this worked out well was MGS3. When I started eating lunch (it was the next day, of course), I thought I was about to beat the game. When I finished, I was still running from the fucking shagohod. Man that sequence pisses me off.

Comment

Carnation Instant Breakfast... cuz I can convince myself it's really food and almost dinner... and it's one of the best chocolate milks on the market. Add some chocolate fudge icecream and it's goldenGOD-awesomeness.

Chips O'hoy Peanut Butter Chunk Chocolate Chip Cookies... I can't find these anywher except the lil corner grocery owned by a Korean couple... they are incredible... dunk em' in milk and they are awesome(r). Dunk them in your Instant Breakfast ... and they don't soak up as quick... but still super good.

Pringles... Dill Pickle flavor is new... it tastes kinda like a hamburger chip. Damn good tho... The new 7layer Bean Dip ones are good as well.

My mom's cookies... should she mail me more or they last the trip since my last visit.

... anyone tell I'm a single dude yet?? lol =P

I'm sure there are other things I can't think of... but these are some off the top of my head.
            FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
            FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
            aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
              nice stash there TGM, love how its all Japanese snakes ;p I have never ordered "food" like that before, where do you go? because I need me some over seas munchies..... or did someone buy that for you?

as for now, I normally have a box of Cheeze-Its handy or skittles. If I am going to seriously game I prepair some Summer Sausage and cheese, and build me a snack platter with crackers.
              My buddy in Japan sent it to me. It's in celebration of the former emperors birthday (and I hinted lol).

Sure Feba, I'm eating scallops and spinach orzo right now so I'll do it after I'm done.

Never, OMG at the peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies. I don't usually buy cookies at the store because I can bake better but those.....omg....heaven!
              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                Never, OMG at the peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies. I don't usually buy cookies at the store because I can bake better but those.....omg....heaven!
                {True Stike} (^,^)d
                FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                  My buddy in Japan sent it to me. It's in celebration of the former emperors birthday (and I hinted lol).

Sure Feba, I'm eating scallops and spinach orzo right now so I'll do it after I'm done.

thats cool, I might shop around then. Need to find me a stash source ;p
                  Last edited by Kailea; 04-22-2010, 01:12 PM.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Wheat Thins and Jack Link's Steak Nuggets. Win.

Read if you don't value your braincells.

Comment

Water, low carb Monsters and chex mix/flaming hot cheetos...
                      Soichiro - Gilgamesh CARBUNCLE

Comment

Originally posted by Van'derfel View Post
                        Wheat Thins and Jack Link's Steak Nuggets. Win.
                        When I'm trying to be good, I go for Jack Links teriyaki jerky and Triscuits. jerky!

Comment

Usually I have my trusty mug of coffee at my side which is quite big it's more like a vase with a handle.
                          After my coffee is down I switch it for a pint glass then I usually go for milk/water/orange juice.
                          I usually avoid carbonated drinks but I do like the "cloudy" lemonade from time to time with a few ice-cubes in too.

Foodwise I don't eat many sweets anymore. If I am fancying a sugar boost though. I have a small plate which I usually have a few squaes of cadbury's dairy milk or lindt milk chocolate balls. with sliced bananna/apple/grapes or orange segments depending on my mood.

With savories I usually have cucumber slices, some sliced cheese, sliced ham, pickled onions and some branston pickle.
                          Which I put onto small crackers and munch away contently. I usually only eat these when I have plans which doesn't leave me much time to prepare a proper meal. Failing that I make pasta dishes that I can refrigerate and take to work on my lunch break so it's been known I've had a serving of that at the pc.

Then I begin surfing the web. Starting with my ls page, then this forum followed by ffxiah and then I begin the login process.

When I'm in a mood where the content of my food isn't really worth thinking about. I toast some bread and cover in it in a "toast topper" that we have here. I usually make my own version from fresh ingredients and store them in the fridge.

Also cheese on toast, Not good for you lol but Cheese and baked beans on toast is totally my favorite thing to eat. It's definately one of my guilty pleasures.
                          I once said if a guy invited me for dinner and made me that I'd marry him there and then lol.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

Sun Chips are good if you're looking for something healthy. There's, what, eight ingredients, total? Mostly whole grains.

I usually have Chocolate Goldfish on hand, because they're made from whole wheat and are delicious.

For drinks, I typically stick with water, but I love cracking open a cold Amp and getting busy.

Comment

I have gotten worse in my eatting habits while gaming. Used to be the occasional beef jerky, chips or oreo cookies. Now I have at least 4-5 different things in the room to choose from if the mood strikes. Unfortunately it strikes more often now that they are in close proximity. I need to purge my room, but I don't know if I have the will power.

Newest additions to the list

Peanut M&M's
                              Wheat Thins
                              Granola cereal - Target Brand
                              Cheetos Hot Fries
                              Raisin Bran Crunch
                              "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Working...
                              X