Anyone get an iPad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone get an iPad?

So my iPad came today and I'm rather enjoying it.

I had to hit up Facebook and post some pics:

This was the very first screen you see when you turn it on. I have it resting on a 13" Macbook Pro. It also came fully charged which made my geek heart very happy:

And here is all the paperwork that comes with it. One sheet is the warnings, like don't immerse it in water, etc. The next sheet is some Apple stickers. The last one with the picture of the iPad on it is the actual instructions...one sheet...a 1/2 page of writing on the back....just kind of cracked me up lol:

Attached Files
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Re: Anyone get an iPad?

No.

And surprisingly, not at all jealous. Besides, the best slates are made by fujitsu, of all companies.
    Burning questions are burning: Is jenova_9 really a girl and is she cute? Does she talk like that in real life?

Burning.

This is why I J9: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/off...otionally.html

http://selenagomez.com/

Comment

Woah woah woah, I'm only on my first Apple product, or going to be. iPhone for the win I suppose. So what's so special about the iPad anyways, for people who have not been following along?

Comment

It's a big iPod touch.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Ufgt View Post
          No.

And surprisingly, not at all jealous. Besides, the best slates are made by fujitsu, of all companies.
          Didn't post it to make you jealous so I'm glad you aren't.

I am just in my happy geek space and wanted to share it. So far, yes its like a giant iPhone basically (without the phone service lol) but I am enjoying it immensely. It was either a new ebook reader or an iPad so I got the iPad. My son has now scarfed mine though. lol
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Personally I don't get it. I'd rather have a laptop if I'm going to get something that size, and it has an actual keyboard. Touch screens get gross really fast, and I'm the type of person who hates fingerprints/smudges on my screens, so having any kind of touch device would drive me nuts.

That being said, I'm glad you got it and you are pleased with it.
            sigpic
            ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
            ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
            ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
            ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Apple iPad Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
              Figure you've already found the same thing or something similar to protect it, but if not then there you go. Stuff is freaking awesome. Use it on my iphone and it works perfectly. Absolutely can not scratch anything through it. And it doesn't interfere with the touch screen function in any way.
              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Ya I have one on my iPhone so I ordered one for my iPad. You're right they are amazing. ^^

Comment

Didn't get one. Waiting on Jailbreak and maybe price drop. I was thinking earlier "I'd be effed up if the iPad was part of an april fools joke." There is a stress test video on pcworld http://www.pcworld.com/article/19338...ess_tests.html . I'd suggest some type of protection as well. I didn't get any protective gear for my first ipod touch and it looks like it got into a fight with a razorclaw tiger. When I got my new one, the first thing I bought was a protective case and a screen protector lol.
                  {New Sig in the works}
                  -----------------------
                  "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                  "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                  Originally posted by Solymir
                  What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Well I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that the eBook feature of the iPad blows Sony's eBook out of the water. Click the icon, go to your bookcase, choose a book or choose the Store button in the corner, and you are off! The store search is awesome. You will be offered the free version, if its available on Gutenberg, along side of the one you can buy. I watched the Sherlock Holmes movie tonight and thought it would be nice to read the books again. Lo and behold, there they were for free. On Sony's store, the free books cost $1.99.

Comment

Cool for graphic design, but that's about all I'd consider it for.

There was a guy at GDC last talking about how portable devices are like swiss army knives - mobile and convenient. The he showed a picture of the iPad. Bigger version of iPod Touch

I'd seriously consider it if it had a little monitor-like cradle to set it in and had USB connectivity because I don't need to type while I'm on the go, but for general social use its sort of lacking without a physical keyboard. Touch screen inputs for typing just don't do it for me. I'd be wiping down the screen often if I used it for messaging.

Comment

I bought the bluetooth keyboard too. Funny thing is I think that my PS3 is going to get the most use of it because so far the on screen keyboard works fantastic. As far as seeing every fingerprint, etc. I don't see them and I'm rather anal about stuff like that. Of course, if your fingers are all full of Cheetos or something then ya, it might be an issue. lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                          if your fingers are all full of Cheetos or something then ya

Amazing what you find on Google Topeka
                          {New Sig in the works}
                          -----------------------
                          "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                          "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                          Originally posted by Solymir
                          What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

LOLOLOLOL

And Durah...your video link made me want to...

/slapabitch

Comment

Looks exactly like my iPhone.
                              A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.

it's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

R.I.P. Dura's Moms Hard Drive. 2002-2009 Gone, but not forgotten.

Your family must havehad a hen farm growin', up cause you sure know how to raise a cock

Comment

Working...
                              X