6 New Personality Disorders Caused by the Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 New Personality Disorders Caused by the Internet

I received a link to this from a work colleague, I found it quite funny as from our experiences on forums many of us can agree that certain people will spring to mind when you think about the "condition"

Allthough humorous the person I dont think has much experience or knowledge of mental illness, But the descriptions are on point to a certain extent, I'm only a general nurse so my experience with mental illness is limited but even I found a few flaws in the description.

Anyways
    I thought it's worth a bit of a giggle and would share it with you,
    You may have seen it before but here goes

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Re: 6 New Personality Disorders Caused by the Internet

lol

interesting how the guy had links to other non-sense but funny headlines. Like the Liz name-calling thing.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

lol.

Scary thing is I had the misfortne of being in an LS ig founded by 2 people that had "munchausen by internet" and had a stalker ig that also fell in the catergory.

The first case I met these two guys and partied with them and found out they had an RP LS and they offered me a pearl. I thought it awesome to know another group of folks that Rped. All seemed fine at first and then suddenly both disappeared until one got on one day and told the LS they had both been through a terrible tragedy. They, who were best friends in real life, were in a car accident in which both of their girlfriends died. He claimed to have just got out of the hospital while the other one was still in ICu under suicide watch. We all were horrified and outpoured support. Eventally the other came back and suddenly another horrible tragedy after another befell both. After 3 more double tragedies we all got suspicious and questioned them and they both magically disappeared, the LS died and end of story.

The stalker, my other friends and I came to suspect, had 2 accounts and alternately came on as his "sister". He seemed like any other normal game buddy until he got weird and starting spinning tales of tragedy. His "sister" would get on and ask me and other in the LS to call him so he wouldn't commit suicide every day. We caught on pretty fast and he too vanished.

Asura Server

Comment

I absolutely have #5 >_>;;

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Hell, I just checked this thread half a dozen times even though I could plainly see there were no new replies. The "why" blurb seems pretty spot on. This is a total pain when I'm trying to write something, as I have to wrestle the thesaurus away from myself to keep from spending 90 minutes finding the exact perfect word choice for a sentence before moving on and doing the exact same thing three sentences down. I had no idea this was a named disorder, but everything is now, isn't it?
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I know who #6 and #2 are.

Sadly, Feba doesn't fit any of these profiles.

My family tried to diagnose me and made me see one doctor to see if I had Aspergers. They didn't seem to understand apathy and lack of empathy are not mutually exclusive. I can care about a person, but what what the world thinks about me? That I don't give a shit about.

Of course, this the same family that said I was antisocial. They thought that meant you just were not a social person. No, that's a shut-in. From a very early age, I was just able to keep myself occupied. Antisocial wouldn't have been playing with a Care Bear and imagining adventures on my own, antisocial would be putting a knife into the Care Bear or smearing him in my own blood.
          Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 01-21-2010, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
            Sadly, Feba doesn't fit any of these profiles.
            It doesn't really have anything to do with the internet though. This is just ohw I share it with you.

Comment

I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                I'm so lonely. Won't somebody please think I'm smart and love me.
                I understand, Mhurron. It's ok.

Comment

Working...
                X