A bit angry, and a little hurt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit angry, and a little hurt.

Okay, I know that probably I shouldn't bring any of this crap from BG here, but I really wanted to get this off my chest and you guys actually listen to me, it's a more positive environment here and I don't feel the need to keep up with spamming and trolling here like I do on BG, also, it's not really drama so much as it is emo.

Most of you know by now, I quit the game at the beginning of the month. If you didn't, well, you do now. I posted on the linkshell forums that I would not be playing anymore and the reasons (which were many, not going into them here, though none were directly insulting to any one person. I won't lie, I expressed some unhappiness with a few things), sent some people my best wishes, and went to bed. The next day when I woke up I no longer had forum access, so as to the responses to my post, I'll never know. That may or may not be relevant, I'm not sure.

Some backstory.

I've known Chubbs for a long time, since like, 2007 long time. He was in my first Dynamis shell. He left after a while to join Excellence, but I remained friends with him. Through the past couple of years, he'd been one of my best friends in the game. He was someone I could talk to or bitch at without holding back. He's one of the handful of people who really pushed Stan to give me a shot into Excellence. He knows I was really grateful for that.

Well, Stan quit the game a few months ago, and gave linkshell leadership to Chubbs. Some things changed, naturally, but nothing major. He was still a good friend and someone I could bitch to on a regular basis, and was someone I really leaned on when CK quit the game. Things started to change a little, but I still considered him to be my best friend in the game, perhaps really my only friend left in the game.

Well, back up to present, me quitting, I'd still talked to him a few times on MSN, including one recent time where he sent me a screenshot of his mule account with the Byakko's Haidate that more than likely came from the popset we were going to use for my character. I honestly don't care what he did with the set, but it was obvious to me he was trying to get a rise out of me, but it was nothing he wouldn't have done before I quit, giving me a hard time and being a douche, but jokingly. I laughed it off and went about my day.

Well fast forward a few more days, and this goes down in a thread on BG (the one about the credit card bans). I only copied the relevant posts.

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    Apologies for the double post.

I had put off calling on my mule account because, frankly, I couldn't be bothered to talk to these people again after all the hassle they've put me through. Well, I finally got around to it today, and the guy I spoke to informed me that my mule account was permanently banned.

I told the guy I was pretty confused, considering I went through the same thing on my main account last month and that it was unbanned, yet this account wouldn't be? Same set of credit cards, same name on the accounts, so how is one illegal but another is not?

He merely said he'd submit a ban complaint for the account. I don't really give that much of a shit because it was my mule, but I did have plenty of things on the account that I didn't want to lose, and a few things I wanted to give to a friend before the end of the month.

This just further reinforces my decision that I should stop playing, if they're going to jerk people around like this. How are two accounts under the same name, using the same cards that also have my name on them checked and resolved differently? I'm personally baffled. I told him to submit the ban complaint and place a note on it that I have two accounts with the same situation. I want to know why one was banned and the other wasn't.

This further cements their stupidity in my brain.
    Originally posted by HadesChubbs, quoted me
    You dont even play anymore, and your boyfriend just sold his character (including a Linkshell's bellona's.) Just follow in his footsteps.
    Originally posted by Ohaigaiz, quoted Chubbs
    ohshit drama inc
    Originally posted by HadesChubbs, quoted Ohaigaiz
    Naw, just sick of her posting like she still plays and has a reason to bitch... needs to stop.
    Originally posted by Aksannyi, quoted Chubbs' second post
    I had considered coming back, honestly. I do miss playing the game. Until you are able to step inside my shoes for a minute, you won't know how I'm thinking or feeling about the game, so you have no real right to comment on that aspect. It actually would affect me if I got banned.

I enjoy posting on forums, if you have a problem with me Chubbs you can ignore my posts, though I never thought it'd have to come to that.
    Now this really upset me. Clearly he harbors some anger that I quit, but honestly, why did he have to try to be a douche on BG about it? Completely unprovoked, I might add. Trying to make me out to be this horrible person for quitting a game that I no longer found fun, and on top of that, trying to guilt me for someone selling his account.

[SLIGHT TANGENT]Not that I have any control over him with regards to that, by the way, the best I can do is say, "I don't think you should," but at the end of the day, it was his decision and there's nothing I can do to stop him. I didn't agree with it, but he's a grown man and he makes his own decisions.[END TANGENT]

Granted, I still troll BG and I still regularly post at this forum. I still like to read about others' accomplishments and really I like both the community at BG and the community here. I don't see why this is such a big deal, I mean just look at how many people there post but don't play anymore. I just don't understand how someone whom I thought of as a friend, even after I quit, could say something so hurtful and rude. It's true, I had considered coming back to the game (provided I could afford it, things are tight at the moment) but with that kind of attitude, I'm not sure I'd be welcome. If he's talking this kind of shit on BG, what is he saying in the linkshell? What are the other members saying? I shouldn't care about this, but I do. And honestly, I've noticed a pattern, when people quit, the other members talk shit about them. Are we supposed to play indefinitely? Never give it up, never let them down? (lol rick rolled) Seriously ...

It really just got to me, how someone who I thought was a friend of mine just basically made it clear that he's not. I don't care about BG knowing that I quit, I haven't made a huge announcement of it, but it's going to get out eventually, whatever. I don't care about my linkshell knowing that CK sold his account, it's his business. I don't care that people see me posting on BG, even trolling, if you will, because trolling is not only allowed, but encouraged. I do care that he set out to make me look like some horrible person because I quit the game, and cause some stupid drama over me posting on a forum, of all things. One thing I do know is that I will not stop posting on BG just because he says so. There is an ignore feature and he can use it if he's that bothered by it, and I even went ahead and blocked him on MSN to even further assist him in not talking to me/acknowledging my existence if he's so butthurt about me quitting.

And the ironic part about it is that if I could have reactivated my mule account, which was what the post was about in the first place, I would have given some things to linkshell members, including him. So it does matter that the account is banned. I guess not in the grand scheme of things, but I was trying to be nice and that was the whole reason I was upset about the ban in the first place.

I don't expect anything to come of this, but I did want to get it off my chest. I guess it goes to show the color of your pearl, or the game that you play or don't play, actually affects your friendship with someone, instead of just being friends because we were just friends. CK and I can have a relationship without FFXI, I don't see what's so hard about it for others. Did I expect to be BFF with Chubbs or anything? No, but I didn't expect him to write me off because I quit.

Thanks for reading guys. I know I can be a pretty emo mess sometimes, this time is clearly no different, but man did it bum me out to see a long time friend turn on me so quickly.

Discuss, /comfort, tell me I'm idiotic for feeling this way, etc., I needed to vent this.
    sigpic
    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Re: A bit angry, and a little hurt.

I think, this chubbs guy is not worth the salt, nor the water (tears). It's not his place to judge you at all. He needs a swift kick in his ass.

Comment

Totally understand Aks. I quit a while back too. I had been wanting to quit for about a year but the game was filling a niche in my life so I just kept plugging away. I just needed that one final straw to break its grip on me. It eventually came and I just logged off and never logged back on. Within minutes my forum access was terminated and lips started flapping. Oh I'm sure the shit flew like crazy in the ls and the leader was probably the one slinging the majority of it but it bothered me for all of 2 minutes and then I was over it. I have people that I gave personal info to so we could keep in touch and a few of them decided to ignore me and thats fine. I just look at it like this...during the difficult times in our life, the friends that are there beside us are the keepers and the ones that turn their backs are disposable. I chose to leave the game for reasons that are important in my life and thats all that matters to me and real friends understand that and support you.
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

*cuddles* *comfort* aksanyi we look after you here you know you have friends that care, ignore the troll, thats all he is, hes just shown you his real colours.

Comment

; ; /comfort.
          You still got me! <.< >: I'd message ya on msn more but, you always have away up ; ; and I'd feel like a bother if I msg you with that up ; ;. Anyways ya, gotta love people who do guilt trips like that. Old drama from my dyna shell 2 years ago when our <insert profanty of d and b here> leader server jump with the bank with a few others.

Our main caller who still talked to him for a while even though I kept telling him, "Dude, stop talking with them, come on they'll just hang you out to try if they pull something like that in the other mmo they're in," Whenever he says he talked with the two that shan't be named in our ls. Which they infact did a few months later leaving that mmo and blamed him for it cause he wouldn't join them over FFXI and our dyna shell.

Gotta love drama llamas. They never end well when it comes to quitting or server transfers. But ya, I usually keep in tabs on msn, over the phone or the forums with a few ls mates I'm friends with prior to or after being in the same shell together. All I can say for you Aks, move on and leave the trash at the curve! And message me on msn if you're bored, lonely, need to vent or something! ; ; It's never a bad time! ; ;

/end comfort
          Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

In my last MMO, I didn't have as dramatic an experience as that, but something similar.

I was shut out of the forums right away and pretty much cut off from all my friends in-game as a direct result. Oh, I could pull a couple up on AIM or whatever I used back then, but outside of that, cut off from everyone I knew.

In hindsight, I know the reason why - I knew things about the leader and with no further loyalties to the shell, I could become a liability in his questionable dealings. Not something I would care to do, really, but it was a possibility.

There was a different experience upon my exit of Titan. Short and sweet - I had a few pop sets and my LS had merged with another. My View - this was our popset and should remain in the possession of one of my friends. My decision to move to Odin had already been cemented and I had made it no secret I was going over to join Aniero and company in the LBR LS. Nonetheless, I'm treated like I'm some punk who was going to jump over with the sets to Odin. It was just something I had to clean out before I left, really. I was essentially blackmailed into handing them over by someone I thought was my friend.

So here's how I've come to see things - some people are friends in the sense that so long as you're loyal to them or getting them things they'll remain friends in a very superficial kind of way. Once you're out of the picture, you're invalidated and they become cold toward you. Not all people are this way, but it can hurt when you find out most of your online friends actually can be this type. Leaving an endgame guild can be like leaving the mob.

Then there are the real friends you make online. I still keep in touch with some of my Titan friends, even have their numbers on my cellphone. I may have never visited them or seen them in person, but we still chat it up.

I think you have to come to terms with the fact that this guy probably wasn't a real friend at all. Its clear he could write you off with relative ease, which shows you how much he really values your relationship with him. In short: Drop that shithead. Its harsh to burn a bridge, especially with someone you thought you had a bond to, but sometimes it has to be done.

Comment

/comfort it never gets easier

It ain't tanking unless you get hit
              To those who are about to tank I salute you.

Comment

That's tough Aks...

I am about to quit my shell on Valefor, not because of anyone in particular, although there are a few people that bother the shit out of me in it, but time wise, i can't do the endgame stuff.

This dude seems like a douche, like most endgame LS leaders i've meet. I think there are probably only 1/4 LS that have leaders in them that are decent honest folks, and everyone else is out for themselves. Sounds like chubbs is in the 3/4's that suck. kept ya around cause you were a good white, and now your gone, dosen't want you talking shit about him, so he smears your name first.

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                  why did he have to try to be a douche on BG about it? Completely unprovoked, I might add. Trying to make me out to be this horrible person for quitting a game that I no longer found fun, and on top of that, trying to guilt me for someone selling his account.
                  Because FFXI players are like Amish.

They're a simple, backwards people, who live with technology that's clearly antiquated, and under conditions which most people would find unacceptable. They say they aren't a cult, because plenty of people leave for other MMOs after awhile; but if you don't eventually come back, you're shunned and treated like the enemy. You're only 'free' to leave in the sense that you can escape from the game; but it's at the cost of all your friends and loved ones.
                  Last edited by Feba; 08-01-2009, 08:59 AM.

Comment

I do have to say, that is some crud, sorry you had to go through it -.- But this is one of the many reasons I hate BG. Just because you quit, you get booted from the forums right away? not cool -.-
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Damn, that's harsh. See, all this bad stuff I keep hearing about endgame seriously makes me want to stay away from it lol. Any "friend" that would say harsh things like that about you was probably never a friend in the first place. If you decide to come back to the game and you wanna switch servers, you got buddies on Leviathan.
                      {New Sig in the works}
                      -----------------------
                      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                      "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                      Originally posted by Solymir
                      What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
                        I do have to say, that is some crud, sorry you had to go through it -.- But this is one of the many reasons I hate BG. Just because you quit, you get booted from the forums right away? not cool -.-
                        He cut me from the forums basically because of who I'm associated with. When CK quit, a lot of people talked shit about him in linkshell because he quit so soon after getting relic. He didn't intend to, but the combination of a few things in game and some things out of the game contributed to him quitting. People were nasty to him, and I didn't want to hear it, which caused some problems. Also, he was still posting on the forums for a month or so, and people would bitch him out, and he'd bitch back, because ... well ... why not?

So eventually Chubbs cut his access from the forums, because he was just trolling. I don't blame him for that, CK was trolling the forums, and talking shit about the ls and how it changed after Stan left, etc.. I had no intention of doing that, in fact I had hoped to remain on good terms with the linkshell like most other members (yeah, btw, CK and I were the only ones who had access cut, and it's because we were both good friends of Chubbs, real mature right?) but he cut me out right away. Basically, I think he had residual anger at CK for quitting because they were so close, that he took out on me, but I guess he thinks that I'm the same as CK. My reasons for quitting are not the same, nor were my actions. I didn't quit with a relic, I didn't sell my account.

It wasn't like this when Stan was in charge. I know that Stan gave leadership to Chubbs because no one else was really capable, or wanted it, and a lot of people listened to Chubbs when he was in charge, but Stan was miles more mature than Chubbs, and he valued people as people and not just pixels.

At any rate, it felt good to vent guys. I know this kind of stuff doesn't belong here but, well, I don't have a blog and I just wanted a bit of reassurance that I'm not stupid or whatever. And I made the right decision quitting, nor will I be going back. I won't sell Aks, I said I wouldn't and I meant it, but I don't think she'll see the light of Vana'diel again.
                        sigpic

Comment

That sux Aksannyi... I'm sorry people can be vindictive morons.

We've had a bunch of people leaving our social shell in the last month... course it's not endgame but it really felt like a losses to a family. Think we had 5-6 people just kinda give up the ghost. One of them we gathered around during his last moments and it was very akin to a death bed. My RL buddy left for good and it felt like a giant piece of the game's soul left with him. I'm kinda just going thru the motions but w/o intent at this point.

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
                          See, all this bad stuff I keep hearing about endgame seriously makes me want to stay away from it lol
                          True.. And I've seen a bit of drama in just the couple Ender's Shells I've been a part of; but, this "BG" sounds like something I'll stay well away from.

And Feba ~ Wowey zowey!! {True Strike} In fact: a truer strike has never been struck.
                          FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                          FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                          aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

I don't want to talk shit about the ls, btw, I loved being in it and it was the most fun I ever had in this game, but things turned shitty for me when CK quit. Excellence is still the best LS on Hades and one of the most accomplished linkshells on all servers. I'm just really mad at Chubbs for ruining my last memories of this game, instead of just letting me go peacefully.
                            sigpic

Comment

Over the years playing MMOs I think I can safely say less than 10% of people in any linkshell/guild give two shits about you once you quit, and that's probably a little high. This isn't just when I quit, but when other long-serving members of guilds quit. First time it happens to you it's always hard though.

Comment

Working...
                              X