Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question for all those Yu Gi Oh fans out there..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for all those Yu Gi Oh fans out there..

Cause I know there's atleast one here.. I usually fall asleep to family guy on cartoon network, so in the morning, about 9:30 CST, Yugioh SD is on.. Now wtf is up with this? WHy is it called Yugioh if the main character isn't Yugi? Why do they battle on bikes? What is the relevancve of that? I only saw a brief bit of it since im not a big fan of the show but wtf were they thinking with that beginning theme too? The old one was cool..
    A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.

it's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

R.I.P. Dura's Moms Hard Drive. 2002-2009 Gone, but not forgotten.

Your family must havehad a hen farm growin', up cause you sure know how to raise a cock

Re: A question for all those Yu Gi Oh fans out there..

Brand.

Power.

Comment

oooooookaaaayy....
      A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.

Your family must havehad a hen farm growin', up cause you sure know how to raise a cock

Comment

Its because they can do what they want with their show.

I used to watch the old ones, but now its just crap. Worse than pokeman IMO lol. Atleast they followed the story line, and stayed with keeping battles the way they originaly where.

The bike thing is kinda stupid though. Even for Yugioh... But Meh. Its a US anime show, so what do you expect? (I think it is... Can some one confirm that? Too tired to look.)

Comment

Originally posted by Pwnagraphic View Post
          Why is it called Yugioh if the main character isn't Yugi?

I haven't seen this new show you mentioned, but you seem to be confused about the title "Yu Gi Oh." The 3 kanji that make up the title translate into "King of games," as that is pretty much what the original anime and manga are about. They named the main character Yugi just to keep up with the whole "games" theme, so it's not like the title of the show came from the main character's name. They could have named him anything and as long as he was eventually pronounced King of Games it still would have made sense.

All that said, YuGiOh GX seemed pretty shitty too so I can imagine if they made some other spin off it could potentially be even worse.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
            Its a US anime show,
            No, the original was at least produced in Japan. Complete with a first season (or "Season Zero") which never made it stateside for sheer levels of being fucked up.

Like, have you ever seen the first seasons of Simpsons?

Where Smithers is black?

Sort of like that, but far, far worse.

Comment

pokeman
              Originally posted by Bill Cosby
              Pokeman? Where the guy comes out and there's a thing?
              Wasn't there a pokemon show where Ash wasn't the main character? Speaking of pokemon, what is it even about anymore?! What the hell is Ash's purpose!? Me and a friend were discussing this one day, eventually Pokemon will have been on tv for 20 years and Ash will still be 11-12 years old and still not be a Pokemon master or have collected them all. It just seems like they won't even have finished one tv show and they're immediately coming out with a new one that is totally different but vaguely related. I mean the only pokemon he keeps from season to season is pikachu. So pretty much all his other pokemon are like level 5 when the season starts, and pikachu is like level 99. I was watching one series and Ash decided that he wanted to be like Dawn and enter into the pokemon pageants for ribbons...

Back to Yugioh, that was the same thing I asked about Yugioh DX, but apparently Yugi was in 2 episodes very vaguely.
              Last edited by Durahansolo; 07-21-2009, 03:46 AM. Reason: AND FURTHERMORE!
              {New Sig in the works}
              -----------------------
              "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
              "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
              Originally posted by Solymir
              What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
                Wasn't there a pokemon show where Ash wasn't the main character? Speaking of pokemon, what is it even about anymore?! What the hell is Ash's purpose!? Me and a friend were discussing this one day, eventually Pokemon will have been on tv for 20 years and Ash will still be 11-12 years old and still not be a Pokemon master or have collected them all. It just seems like they won't even have finished one tv show and they're immediately coming out with a new one that is totally different but vaguely related. I mean the only pokemon he keeps from season to season is pikachu. So pretty much all his other pokemon are like level 5 when the season starts, and pikachu is like level 99. I was watching one series and Ash decided that he wanted to be like Dawn and enter into the pokemon pageants for ribbons...

Back to Yugioh, that was the same thing I asked about Yugioh DX, but apparently Yugi was in 2 episodes very vaguely.
                I was thinking this same thing man.. Pokemon used to be cool. I watched the first 2 episodes last friday lol. He used to want to catch em all. Now he just wants to run around and get emotionally attached to pokemon he barely knows and cry when they leave..

You know how many times he coulda capatalized on catching an injured pokemon and didn't? I would have tossed my poke ball and caught celebi when it was injured lol.

And yes in Yugioh they can do what they want, but it totally strayed away from YugiOh.. Yugis name being Yugi went with him being destined to be the king of games though.. He was the reincarnation of the pharoh who owned the piece around his neck. That made sense..

Comment

Worse than pokeman IMO lol. Atleast they followed the story line, and stayed with keeping battles the way they originaly where.
                  Huh? The Pokemon anime never followed the storyline at all (half the time they're not even the characters from the games,) and the battles made no sense; Pikachu always wins, somehow. Also the art sucks.
                  Last edited by Armando; 07-21-2009, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Aim for the horn, Pikachu!

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                      Huh? The Pokemon anime never followed the storyline at all (half the time they're not even the characters from the games,) and the battles made no sense; Pikachu always wins, somehow. Also the art sucks.
                      Pokeman came out before the game came out. The games are just there for them to make more money. I played the games, and they don't even follow the story line. Beat 8 gyme leaders, and the elite four. Thats all its about. The games don't have to follow the story line, they are more of your story and adventure of the pokeman world.

Comment

Pokeman came out before the game came out.
                        Game was released in '96, the anime in '97 and the original manga is before both.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

You are grossly misinformed. The Game Boy games came one year before the anime did, in both countries. Wiki that shit. The anime is a sad excuse of a cash cow. The Pokemon Special manga whoops the anime's ass anyways.

You don't get shit like this in the anime

And goddamn it it's Pokemon.

EDIT:
                          Originally posted by Tickmeoff
                          Game was released in '96, the anime in '97 and the original manga is before both.
                          Which one is the original manga anyways? I've seen quite a few different Pokemon manga floating around.
                          Last edited by Armando; 07-21-2009, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Pokeman came out before the game came out. The games are just there for them to make more money. I played the games, and they don't even follow the story line. Beat 8 gyme leaders, and the elite four. Thats all its about. The games don't have to follow the story line, they are more of your story and adventure of the pokeman world.
                            Yep.. the games were RPGs. Plus pokemon couldn't have been as violent as the manga. it's was more for kids dude lol..

Plus with Pikachu being the sidekick of the main character.. somehow they had to prevail. They didn't win EVERY fight though.. and now you barely see ash battle period lol.

Comment

Plus pokemon couldn't have been as violent as the manga. it's was more for kids dude lol..
                              1) That's highly relative.
                              2) The anime is still incredibly retarded. The games were kid-friendly enough.
                              Plus with Pikachu being the sidekick of the main character.. somehow they had to prevail.
                              Why? Pikachu is an awful Pokemon. Why should he prevail all the time using an awful Pokemon?
                              They didn't win EVERY fight though..
                              Because even a show as stupid as this still benefits from "plot twists" every now and then. That doesn't make it believable in any way; Ash still wins many, many fights he should have lost badly, through no fault of his own.

Comment

Working...
                              X