Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, south-east US, bend over.

Gas prices rise as Ike hits Texas - Sep. 13, 2008

They say the spike in gas prices is slight on average, what they don't really go into is just how drastic the spike was in the southeast. I guess we don't matter too much to go into details, just a footnote.

Prices jumped fifty cents yesterday, twenty cents more today and its probably higher now. There isn't any unleaded gas to be found anywhere around where I live and of what is left they're asking you buy gas in sets of ten gallons. Insanity.

Not to mention local news outlets made sure to scare us all into buying gas over this "shortage." I didn't even know about it til I got out of work the other day and had to drive from station to station in Winston-Salem to find a place I could get gas and even then I had to wade through a bunch of really irate people to do so. Can't say I blame them, though, I am right there with them right now.

Hate to sound insensitive, but its not really my fault some morons put an oil refinery where hurricanes like to show up. They didn't have any sort of plan for this kind of occurance after Katrina? Just shut down in advance and screw the southeast states over?

Just more evidence we need better energy policies and energy solutions.

Re: Hey, south-east US, bend over.

>.> the gas prices only went from 3.39 to 3.42 over nite...

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

In my state, they went from $3.49 $to 3.99 to $4.19. All in the course of 24 hours.

Do the math, that's not a seven cent change.

They've dialed down unleaded to $3.89 now but oh wait, there isn't any unleaded left to sell right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post

ORLY?

Comment

Hate to sound insensitive, but its not really my fault some morons put an oil refinery where hurricanes like to show up. They didn't have any sort of plan for this kind of occurance after Katrina? Just shut down in advance and screw the southeast states over?
          It's not their fault you decided to live in the southeast states.

Comment

On my drive to work the station I normally fill up at was at 3.99/gal. 4 hours later as I went back home, it was 4.39/gal. The crazy thing is I was able to find several other stations still selling at 3.79, which is what I filled up at.
            FFXIV Balmung Server
            Tenro Matashi
            PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

I hate you all complaining about gas prices

1.35/litre

a gallon is 3.8 liters

5.13/gal in canada

and the best part

we supply you with more oil to produce the shit then any other nation in the world, we have the largest oil supplies in the world. Until your paying 5.13/gal get over it.

sig courtesy tgm
              retired -08

Comment

In my state, they went from $3.49 3.99 to $4.19. All in the course of 24 hours.

They've dialed down unleaded to $3.89 now but oh wait, there isn't any unleaded left to sell right now.
                Welcome to my world. Been paying over $4.00 a gallon for gas for ages.
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

It went from 3.60-ish to 4.50-ish here in two days.

Nearly a dollar ftw?

lawl. I swear if I had the know how, I'd convert my little Beetle to Solar/Alternative fuel.
                  "If you keep me waiting much longer, it damn well better be the end of the Galaxy." ~ Kaidan

~There's gonna come a day, and I can't wait to see your face...~

Comment

Hey, south-east US, bend over.
                    Dagnabit, I'm in the south-east US.
                    Originally posted by Armando
                    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                    Originally posted by Armando
                    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                    Matthew 16:15

Comment

It's been about 3.75-4.25/gallon in Washington state for a long time now.

Comment

Gas prices here are ranging from 3.64 to 4.10 a gallon

Comment

It had been settling down out here as of late we were sitting at $4.00 for a bit, give or take a few cents. Then slowly over the last two months, it got down to $3.50ish, then shot back up over four bucks in one day.

Again, its kinda ridiculous. Saying that we only buy certain amounts of what is left is kind of being an annoyance. I also feel really sorry for the people that have to work in these gas stations right now, its not like its the cashier's fault any of this is happening, but I've seen people taking it out on them anyway.

Comment

It's simple really ... if some affects gas to make it more difficult or expensive to get, the prices go up immediately. If something goes the other way, the prices go down eventually and gradually.

Comment

It had been settling down out here as of late we were sitting at $4.00 for a bit, give or take a few cents. Then slowly over the last two months, it got down to $3.50ish, then shot back up over four bucks in one day.

Again, its kinda ridiculous. Saying that we only buy certain amounts of what is left is kind of being an annoyance. I also feel really sorry for the people that have to work in these gas stations right now, its not like its the cashier's fault any of this is happening, but I've seen people taking it out on them anyway.
                              The gas prices are hurting our economy more and more, I used to work at a store and I was talking to my manager one day as I was pricing things on the shelves and switching the tags. I asked her why the prices of some things went from being so cheap to automatically raising $2 in just one day. She told me its b/c of the gas prices, when they go up so do the prices of products needing to be shipped to the store. Really its a pain in the butt. My husband knows more about economics than I do but just from hearing that little bit makes me wish people would stop being so greedy and fund to research alternative resources.

Maybe I'm getting a bit ove my rhead here since I dont know EVERYTHING. But my ignorance has lead me to believe this.

Comment

Working...
                              X