No announcement yet.

What are your views on teen pregnancy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your views on teen pregnancy?

If you were to see a pregnant teenager at the ages of 16-17, what would your initial thought be?

I know there's alot of people who see this and get mad and immediatly start rumors and the such. I'm baffled as to why, just want your opinions.

Note: The guy is with her 24/7
    Shoulda used a condom.. :\
    60.00%
    I'm not going to judge her, maybe it was planned.
    25.00%
    I applaud her if she's successfully going to raise it on her own..
    5.00%
    Wow, what a *Insert obscenity here* !!!
    10.00%
    Last edited by Tipsy; 08-27-2008, 08:38 PM.
    In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
    And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
    Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
    Yeah, It’s true.
    It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Re: What are your views on teen pregnancy?

i'd be like "So..."
    cause in my town they get pregnant at 12

Read if you don't value your braincells.

Comment

The question I would be asking is "Why do I not see a guy walking with her?"
      ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Argh touche, I forgot to add that part. Yeah, assume the guy is with her 24, sorry.
        Yeah, It’s true.

Comment

The poll didn't have my option in it so I'll just put it here instead.

A: I wonder if you have any clue just how difficult you've made life for yourself...and for that child.

One of my friends growing up had a gf that was 17. He was 16. They got pregnant. They got married. They had hard times...all the time, and I knew it. ...I just didn't understand it because I couldn't relate. We grew apart when I was in the Navy. He doesn't know that I'm married and have a baby. Now I understand just some of the challenges and I know that more are to come as we raise this little boy.... So here I am at 33, with a wife and a baby boy, looking back on my life when I was a teen. I want to call this guy up, buy him frickin lunch and find out how he/they made that work. There's no way in hell that I would have been able to make that work. To me, teen pregnancy signifies the early demise of youthful things and activities to a greater degree. A great disservice to oneself, partner, and child. ...they are still married btw.

During my wifes pregnancy, while we were doing the weekly baby check, we spied a girl who was about 7 months pregnant. She couldn't have been more that 13 or 14. I cried a little for her on the inside. She's still a child.

...what the hell is this guy doing walking the streets? Adult + minor + "relations" should = jail. He (if he's the father and not an older brother, for benefit of doubt) is a total dumbass. If that where my daughter, I'd nail that guys ass to a cross. If he were my son, I'd nail his ass to a cross.
          Last edited by WovenDarkness; 08-27-2008, 08:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Typos can really mess things up.

I ment to say 24/7, not that he's 24
            Yeah, It’s true.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy View Post
              Typos can really mess things up.

I ment to say 24/7, not that he's 24
              uh, that's not your fault. I read it wrong. Disreguard.

Comment

No it's my fault, I don't know where the 7 ran off to..

But either way,
                It made me laugh

EDIT:

And actually, looking into it, if it were in Florida, it is legal for a 24 year old to engage in sexual relations with a 16 year old.
                Last edited by Tipsy; 08-27-2008, 09:23 PM.
                Yeah, It’s true.

Comment

I think that these people need to start using condoms properly because a baby can really ruin things. I'd say either abort it or give it up for adoption if you're that young.

...I don't know if I could kill someone with a frozen turkey because that is a lot of evidence to eat. Unless I found a whole room of people who also wanted that person dead...

Comment

Originally posted by Illyria View Post
                    I think that these people need to start using condoms properly because a baby can really ruin things. I'd say either abort it or give it up for adoption if you're that young.

You wouldn't stop to think for one second that maybe they wanted it?

A mature decision for a young couple, however, you can definatly have a job at that age and support a child if you live for free with your parents.. and if not, there's alot of teenagers in this day and age living on their own. Emancipation is more and more common.
                    In my opinion, I'd applaud them.

And no one said they attend school. They could be homeschooled, online.

I think people should really think before judging someone. As if it isn't hard enough already for them.
                    Yeah, It’s true.

Comment

I believe the main problem lies with the fact that not every girl gets that benefit of the doubt when they end up getting pregnant at that age. A lot of it comes down to her situation at the time (I hate getting BG on such a topic, but, y'know, shit, situational, etc...). I focus mainly on the girl because it's usually her life that's changed by the event more than the guy's (way more than, I'd say). If the guy's as man enough to stand up and take responsibilty for the girl and their child as he thought he was to get her pregnant in the first place, good on him, but more often than not, that's not the case.

It takes two to tango, however, so I don't place any blame on either party more than the other (assuming this was consensual on both parts; rape is another story altogether, and a discussion for another time). Condoms, birth control, abstinence, whatever floats your boat, but in teen pregnancy, there's no such thing as "victim" here (well, mebbie the unborn child, but I have my own opinions on that matter that I'll keep to myself for now...).

For those that have it all planned out, good on them. I hear this "Love" thing tends to make shit work when you wouldn't expect it to. Mebbie I should research it and see if I can't get some for the jets up at the squadron. Mebbie they'd stop breaking all the damn time then...
                      Last edited by LilithAngel; 08-27-2008, 11:39 PM. Reason: But then again, if that happens, I might just be out of a job...

Comment

Originally posted by LilithAngel View Post
                        I(assuming this was consensual on both parts; rape is another story altogether, and a discussion for another time).

Or a discussion for now, that brings up another interesting point.

Poor girl, I mean assume the guy ISN'T with her, imagine if she WAS raped? You don't know if she was or not.
                        She goes through all of that, gets pregnant, and you (By "you" I'm not talking to you Lilith xD) sit there and redicule her or immediatley assume she is a slut? Should of used a condom? I couldn't imagine how it must feel.
                        Yeah, It’s true.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy View Post
                          Or a discussion for now
                          If you insist...

Well, regardless, on the hand that it was consensual, yeah, shoulda used a condom.

Rape? Yeah, she didn't have that much of choice there, and really can't be put to any blame.

But like you said, we can't know just by walking down the street and seeing her (without, of course, asking her, which is a Pandora's Box you might wanna leave well enough alone). People will, however, form their own opinion in their minds, mostly from their own core values and what they believe in, their upbringing, family, etc...
                          Last edited by LilithAngel; 08-27-2008, 11:56 PM. Reason: If you want what I would honestly think, well... ...not even edit text would be safe for me to say it. LOL!

Comment

Age is pretty much irrelevant, directly speaking. It's all about life situation. If you can handle a child or not. Of course, age will impact that. There are plenty of people in their 30s and 40s who can't handle a child, and have them anyway. As far as pregnancy itself goes, I look at it the same way I look at all pregnancy: either selfish or irresponsible. There are tons of kids out there that need homes, and far too few people adopt instead of giving birth to yet another kid.

Comment

What have you done Tipsy?
                              signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Working...
                              X