Wtf!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wtf!!!!!

WOw, well the other day i was in the middle of ff and my xbox 360 just shut down and three red rings appeared on the xbox. i tried removing the hard drive,plugging the wires again and all i could think of. the next day i went to best buy and got a new xbox 360.(i couln't keep my hard drive which was really gay)i decided to play some GTA4 and for the next two days everything was working good. now today i wake up, put in GTA4 and 1-2hours into the game my xbox just shuts down again. Im really pissed because now i have to get another one and i dont even know what the dang problem is. have any of you experienced this problem.if yes, is there any way to fix it or to know what the problem is?

Re: Wtf!!!!!

possible problems:
    1. The outlet you have your brick pluged into is not suffecent enought to handle the load. (e.g the grounding in the outlet might be bad or your pluged into a extension cord with crappy gauge wire)
    2. some of your connections that are going into the XB are not connected properly and become dislodge.
    3. you have crupted data on you HD and need to do a maintence onit.
    4. the air that you XB is sucking into its air vents is hotter then what is being vented out.
    5. you have pluged in a 3rd party device and it is screwing up your units.
    6. you just have very bad luck!

Solutions might be to unplug everything and let it sit for a few minutes the reconnect everything tightly.
    Or run a HD maintence
    Or take the crapy 3rd party items off your unit.
    Or make sure your XB has excelent ventilation.
    Or make sure the air isnt extremly hot in the room, dont put it too close to a wall, dont enclose it in a entertaiment center.
    Or Dont play that copy of GTA, cause I had a problem with Saints row and it tweaking my XB also. but I couldnt confirm it, but it dam sure seemed like it.

Comment

Quite a number of Xbox 360 owners have experienced this. Known as the red ring of death, which by the tone of the name pretty much means you're screwed. You can always tell them that it's broken and have them send it in for repairs if it's covered. I have a PS3 so I havn't had this experience myself, but I have a couple friends who are each on their third Xbox.

Comment

kk well then im gonna try to check all the stuff u listed and if i doesn't work then im jist gonna send it to microsoft instead of best buy so that i can atleast keep my hard drive

Comment

This happened to me on my first xbox360.
          I got it home set it up and had 3 red lights, I never even got to see the power up screen.
          Thankfully I got it replaced as I had only bought it 20 minutes beforehand.
          Most people send theirs off to be repaired. But it sounds like you have real bad luck, Also regarding what other folk have said, Make sure your xbox and area around it is dusted regularly.
          The 360 is a very dodgy machine "I think its a woman" and she'll only let you play with her if you treat her good, treat her bad and she menstrates and it's game over

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

Originally posted by Satori View Post
            The 360 is a very dodgy machine "I think its a woman" and she'll only let you play with her if you treat her good, treat her bad and she menstrates and it's game over
            You know, women do frequent the forums. Seriously, this is uncalled for.
            Originally posted by Feba
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            Originally posted by DakAttack
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I admit its not a comment to make in "mixed company" but it was a bit below the belt mate, maybe in male circles.

I think you'll find its possibly the infamous red ring of doom, check with microsoft support, they should be able to send you a box to return it to them and they'll either fix it or give you a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarre View Post
                it was a bit below the belt
                Menstruation usually is.

Also, people play video games who haven't heard of RRoD?

Comment

well i had to call microsorft because the gta4 disk was still inside the xbox when the rings popped up so it was stuck so i had to pull the disk tray out with my hand. also, the xbox was not the problem it was the dang power cord. Now im able to play again since my cousin gave me his power cord

Comment

I'm sorry, I didnt mean to offend people.
                    I was just messing about.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

Eh, i got the RRoD watching a DVD weird but that was like last year. Since then its been running fine.

@ Satori's comment: >.> it's all true...but when a woman takes a pot shot like that at a guy...its all fun'n'games

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

Difference is, when women do it, they do it right, instead of linking two completely unrelated things like treating them bad and menstruation.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                          Difference is, when women do it, they do it right, instead of linking two completely unrelated things like treating them bad and menstruation.
                          he should have prolly used PMS instead of menstruation or PMS under false pretenses to get out of situations >.>

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

Menstruation jokes are situational.
                            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Sorry I don't think menstruation jokes are funny. Imagine your penis leaking red slime with chunks every month for a week. Imagine the embarassment of staining your jeans and people seeing it. Imagine how sick you feel when you get it, the headaches that sometimes come with it, and, at times, pains so bad if feels like a horse kicked you in the nuts. Imagine how it limits things that you can do and you have absolutely no control over it.

See, not too funny but glad you men get a real kick out of it.
                              Originally posted by Feba
                              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                              Originally posted by Taskmage
                              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                              Originally posted by DakAttack
                              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X