Why no child is safe from the sinister cult of emo | the Mail on Sunday

Unintentional comedy gold.

Re: The Cult of "Emo"!

Whatever.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Wait, this was a cult? Damn, and here I thought it was just one of those signs of the apocalypse. Actually, in college I saw it more as a giant neon sign "This is the right guy to F#$% with." Hasn't been wrong yet.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Comment

I read about half the article when I became sick to my stomach. I swear people need to get their heads screwed on straight. Fyi..........

PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR CHILDREN!!

Screw the overtime, screw having the best stuff, screw the drinks after work with the boys, and on and on and on. Parents are so "busy" that children are an afterthought in their lives and who ends up suffering......not the parents.

/vomit@society
        Originally posted by Feba
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        Originally posted by DakAttack
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

So....the parents saw scars on her wrists and just thought it was a trend? If so, that's the parents' fuck up. If they saw signs of her deteriorating and failed to act on it, they messed up.

I think there's much more to this story than the news is telling us.
          ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I'd laugh, but I just attended a funeral a few hours ago of a kid I've known for 10 years that hanged himself.

He wasn't emo.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
            ------
            Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
            When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

I'm just going to re-post one of the comments to that article since it basically describes how I feel.

When will people stop stereotyping emos?! For the last time, not all emos self-harm, and their music doesn't play a vital role in their choice to self-harm. Emo music started in the 80s and were people being depressed and slitting their wrists when they listened to it? No! My Chemical Romance actually say that their songs are aimed towards people who have been through pain and encourage them to overcome it. Emo is just a fad, it's a fashion statement more than anything else, but some people just take it too far. Just because you listen to depressing songs and dress in black does not mean you're suicidal! It's the events in real life that determine such deep emotions!
              It's pretty obvious that this girl did not share her mother's view about her having 'everything to live for'. She clearly had issues with depression. She might not have said anything, but she expressed it by turning "emo." From my understanding, most people who attempt suicide don't do it because they want to die but because they feel hopeless, no other solution to their problems. People don't just kill themselves because it's a "new trend." This article pisses me off.

Comment

I'm speechless.
                Ignorance is astounding.

Also, scene =/= emo

People have problems and some deal with it differently. Definatly not a 'trend'
                In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
                And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
                Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
                Yeah, It’s true.
                It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

It's messed up to the nth degree....but I'm having a hard time finding the unintentional comedy gold in it.

Laying blame elsewhere is the norm though.....

Comment

....so its ok for the world to blame rap for drugs, abuse, and gang fightings....but this girl turning emo and suddenly becoming suicidal and blaming the trend is illogical and just not right?

Not saying anyone here has blamed rap music but I haven't seen anyone attack the people who are....

and don't get me wrong, those parents are IDIOTS! but come one people, to say there is no connection to the emo trend and self-abuse is like saying there's no connection to mafia and the Italians.

just my two cents
                    Don't you just hate those people who name their characters after other games like Devil may Cry and animes like Trigun? ^^

Comment

I think it's a given that anyone here who derides accountability being laid with the emo trend would automatically be rational enough to deduce that rap is not the root of many of the problems it is blamed for.

No one here is that hypocritical, right?

Comment

Just because you try to kill yourself does not make you emo, I am not emo and I have tried before and I have had depression issues my whole life. You can be anyone, any race, religion, stereotype, etc..and still harm yourself because you are depressed. A stereotype doesn't make you do anything.

I will say this, and everyone might get pissed off at me. But there is a lot of people that do fit the stereotypes that we know of, not saying anyone on this board does. I am just saying that some people do fit the stereotypes that they are. (gays being femine and being girls, blacks doing drugs, and pimping hoes, white trash crackers, EVEN emos.) But, just because you are emo doesn't mean you kill yourself or even try.

Also one more thing, most parents have never heard of Emo because it did not exist when they were younger, its like some people are racist because blacks or Latinos didn't have the freedom back then that they had today and still took at them the same way that they did back then. Even though I still don't know what that is. But what I am trying to say is, the parents dont know what Emo is, accept for what they here, so they judge one what they have heard. They still shouldn't judge, but oh well.
                        Last edited by Bluecat; 05-15-2008, 04:18 PM.
                        Name: Bluecat
                        Main Jobs:
                        SMN14, DRG8, RDM30
                        Sub Jobs: BLM13,WHM7,NIN7,SAM2,DRK4
                        Linkshell(s): (Owner) RainbowOverHolla

Comment

Just because you do drugs and pimp hoes, doesn't mean you are black.

Just felt that was important to throw in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluecat View Post
                            Just because you try to kill yourself does not make you emo, I am not emo and I have tried before and I have had depression issues my whole life. You can be anyone, any race, religion, stereotype, etc..and still harm yourself because you are depressed. A stereotype doesn't make you do anything.

I will say this, and everyone might get pissed off at me. But there is a lot of people that do fit the stereotypes that we know of, not saying anyone on this board does. I am just saying that some people do fit the stereotypes that they are. (gays being femine and being girls, blacks doing drugs, and pimping hoes, white trash crackers, EVEN emos.) But, just because you are emo doesn't mean you kill yourself or even try.
                            I agree with you, I am not saying that emos are the only ones who attempt to kill themselves, that be like saying that only italians attempt to be a mafia. :p

nor am I saying that if you attempt to kill yourself, you are an emo. but I will say this:

from an observant view: it is logical to say that there is a connection between the emo trend and self-abusement.

(EDIT: just read BP's first post above bluecat.)

haha! Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not
                            Last edited by DanteWolfWood; 05-15-2008, 04:25 PM. Reason: Because I am trying to type with the wii and I SUCK
                            Don't you just hate those people who name their characters after other games like Devil may Cry and animes like Trigun? ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy View Post
                              I'm speechless.
                              Ignorance is astounding.

Also, scene =/= emo

People have problems and some deal with it differently. Definatly not a 'trend'
                              I beg to differ, most kids seem to do stuff these days because it is "trendy" or because "everyone is doing it." Plus there are some cults out there that brain wash kids, just to have them comitte suicide, I remember in 97 with the cult attack in Texas wear more then...500 people died in a cult attack. So if you can brain wash adults, why not kids?

Just felt that was important to throw in there.
                              yeah I was going to edit that thank you.

from an observant view: it is logical to say that there is a connection between the emo trend and self-abusement.

(EDIT: just read BP's post above bluecat.)

haha!
                              I agree with you 100% some people will follow the "trend"
                              Last edited by Bluecat; 05-15-2008, 04:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              Name: Bluecat
                              Main Jobs:
                              SMN14, DRG8, RDM30
                              Sub Jobs: BLM13,WHM7,NIN7,SAM2,DRK4
                              Linkshell(s): (Owner) RainbowOverHolla

Comment

Working...
                              X