I'm so pissed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so pissed!

My mom just got fired like a hour or so ago I am sooo fricken mad. My mom works so fricken hard she works 15 hours a day, runs 3 offices, etc. She gave them everything they fucking had. My mom has been a nurse for 25+ years, and never has she been fired...this is just fricken pissing me off. They told her she was not doing her job, and she fucking was. She did everything she possibly could. She doesnt want to nurse anymore, so I have no idea what we are going to do..my dad only makes 40k a year...my mom made 80k a year...this is just really upsetting...*sigh*
    Name: Bluecat
    Main Jobs:
    SMN14, DRG8, RDM30
    Sub Jobs: BLM13,WHM7,NIN7,SAM2,DRK4
    Linkshell(s): (Owner) RainbowOverHolla

Re: I'm so pissed!

only 40k huh?

http://www.neko-sentai.com/users/dracovivi/

Comment

Originally posted by Dracovivi View Post
      only 40k huh?
      Pending on the type of lifestyle they are used to it could be devistating, but it's still twice as much as a teacher in this area even with a degree.

If she doesnt want to be a nurse anymore she still has (from guessing) a great ability to manage large groups, 3 offices is quite an amazing thing to keep under your belt and keep running. She could expand her options into other businesses just away from the medical field with that type of organization.
      sigpic

Comment

If the family is used to having an income of 120k, going to 1/3rd that would suck, regardless of what area they live in, or how much teachers make.

Comment

I'm not sure exactly how the nursing proffession works compared to what I do, but I would think that after 25 years there'd have to be some decent chunk of severance due unless they had a valid complaint against her, otherwise she could file a wrongful termination suit I'd believe, simply downsizing someone after that long w/ no termination benefits is pretty out there.

And if she hasn't already, from my own personal experience with unemployment, you should highly advise her to sign up for unemployment benefits right away. A few years back I figured I'd find a new job right away and was kind of being stubborn b/c I didn't want to feel like a welfare case so I didn't sign up for unemployment, and long story short I didn't find a job quickly and my credit was obliterated. She should be able to get at least half of the 80k/yr figure if not more to even out the household income a bit.
          Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

With "my dad only," she might have meant solely her father.

If she was doing good and a reputation of 25 years of nursing without any problems, I'm sure it won't be that hard for her to find another job, even if she wants to do something else. So don't worry too much, i'm sure you'll be fine.
            http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

They told her she was not doing her job,
              There's probably other underlying issues that weren't shared.

Just don't look towards your government or state to help you thru Food, cash, health assistance. Most states have a salary cut off just below 30k a year. It suprises me how my state assumes that a family of 4 with a income of 39k a year can survive.

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

I'd say the important thing (if you're absolutely certain the company doesn't have a valid complaint) would be to get your mother to realize that they're just being idiots, and that she does an important job. Healthcare is supposed to be a very understaffed field, I'm sure she can find something.

Comment

Healthcare is supposed to be a very understaffed field,
                  You know I'm finding this to be less and less truthfull as i go to the ER...i make frequent trips sometimes...and there always seems to be more than enough staff.

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                    If the family is used to having an income of 120k, going to 1/3rd that would suck, regardless of what area they live in, or how much teachers make.
                    word. While I would love to make 40k a year, it's tough to fathom losing 2/3 of the family income like that.

Originally posted by Malevolent View Post
                    You know I'm finding this to be less and less truthfull as i go to the ER...i make frequent trips sometimes...and there always seems to be more than enough staff.
                    Tell that to Edith Rodriguez.. er.. tell it to her family. Sure there are plenty of people in ERs, sadly they aren't always the most qualified. Like Feba said though, she should be able to find other work in the field if she wants to after working in the industry that long.

Bluecat, are you still living at home or are you on your own? If you're living at home are you working at all?

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Ok the thing is, nobody filed any complaints towards her at all, everyone was shocked including her, her coworkers, and her boss. (her bosses boss told her to fire my mom.) They were not making enough money, and it was the marketers falt, because they were not getting enough patients. The ones who ran the marketers was my moms boss not her job. So I don't understand why the main boss thought it was all my moms falt that they were not getting busy.

Also, 120k for us is kind of normal, they have always made that much money. Also sense my brother is not 21 he cant get a lone for his car insurence. (or have enough credit.) So my parents have to pay 3 car bills, house bills,medical bills,etc..are sells phones alone is 250 a month, the phone service is 400 a month. (that is the only service they provide out here. So for us..120k a year is not a lot..we get in the hole a lot lol. (you also have to take taxes out of that 120k aswell.)

^ I still do live at home yes, but I am still trying to get my GED. (only 70 points off) I have tried to get jobs, but they wont take me because I only finished one year of highschool. So no I dont work, I wish I did, and I hope to pass my GED again the next time I take it.
                      Name: Bluecat
                      Main Jobs:
                      SMN14, DRG8, RDM30
                      Sub Jobs: BLM13,WHM7,NIN7,SAM2,DRK4
                      Linkshell(s): (Owner) RainbowOverHolla

Comment

Originally posted by Malevolent View Post
                        There's probably other underlying issues that weren't shared.
                        or she really wasn't doing her job and she told you she was. You have to remember there is always another side of a story. you also have to remember, in this world, everyone is replaceable. This is life unfortunatly
                        [Name: Tokagawa] [Server: Bahamut] [Awesome: Yes I am]
                        GAYMER
                        [THF:30] [MNK:18] [BLU:10] [BLM:9] [BST:9] [WHM:5]

Comment

Originally posted by Bluecat View Post
                          I am still trying to get my GED. (only 70 points off)
                          You're studying for it, right? I've seen a lot of people who repeat it because they just won't study, and hope they just have better luck the next time.

Comment

I really hope she talks to somebody about having been dismissed for (apparently) no good reason ... employers tend to look for references, and being fired for cause when she wasn't isn't something to stand for.

Comment

I guess it's time to stop being so wasteful. You have sells phones AND a phone service that both cost you money out the ass? Shit, my mother makes about as much as your father and she's raised my brother and I almost completely of her own means. Luckily we didn't buy into an expensive lifestyle, like your parents may have, so when things get tight there aren't a lot of huge changes to be made.

I'm supposed to be living in one of the more affluent counties in Maryland, to boot. The wise sage wants not; needs not.

Comment

Working...
                              X