• Show
Clear All

• 40 Years..

Early morning, April 4
    Shots ring out in a Memphis sky
    Free at last, they took your life
    but they could not take your pride.
    - U2 / Pride (In the name of love)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCg05pTYt0A]Address of Sen. Robert Kennedy, Indianapolis IN[/ame]

Many of us were not yet born on this day 40 years ago. Irregardless, the life and work of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. has impacted all of our lives through changes in American society has made since he was assasinated.

Edit: Dr. King's last planned movement before he was killed was a massive civil march of the nation's impoverished citizens on Washington D.C., in the spirit of similar focused movements conducted by Mohandes K. Gandhi in India. This event never occurred. Recent events in this decade have once again brought this topic to the forefront, most of all Hurricane Katrina and the aftermath in Louisiana and Mississippi. Please make an effort to find time in your lives to make a difference to those less fortunate than yourself; if you are or have done so, thank you and keep it up.
    Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
    Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
    Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Re: 40 Years..

Irregardless isn't a word, fyi.

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
      Irregardless isn't a word, fyi.
      gdi.. wiktionary entry it's an irregular.
      Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
      Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
      Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

U2 makes me want to barf.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
        ------
        Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
        When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

I had to check this topic to see if the 3 or so replies i read were the only ones as they were incredibly disrespectful and i had hoped that they were only a few bad ones against a lot of good ones, but i was wrong.

Maybe there is another topic like this I have not seen yet and all the nice, respectful comments are on that.... i hope.

But if this is all people have to offer on someone who changed the lives of millions of people across the world, not just America, then i have to say I’m pretty shocked.

I'm from England and i can pretty much recite a large part of Martin Luther Kings speech and i have been taught in school his significance and role in racial equality and the fact that a forum I assume to be predominantly American cannot spare even a few words for someone who shaped your nation is appalling.

A few kind words to a great man would not have gone amiss here.

Comment

Want me to say it again?

U2 still makes me barf. Sorry, don't really care if you think I, or anyone else for that matter, is disrespectful.

On topic: MLK was a great man, no denying that. Too bad his streets are so shady.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
            ------
            Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
            When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

I participated in community service on his birthday.

I didn't know the man, so I don't have much to say about him.

Comment

Only one MLK quote rings in my head " injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

Working...
                X