Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think is the evilest company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DieselBoy09
    replied
    Re: What do you think is the evilest company?

Originally posted by Feba View Post
    Telling people who complain to grow the hell up. If you are honestly so disturbed by a professional of one gender or another (be it an MD or a fitness trainer), you have a mental condition you should worry about before anything else. Otherwise, you're just being bitchy.
    Not everyone would agree with that sort of logic. The reasons for such a decision can be from a wide variety of things from personal preference, to religion and conditioning.

Leave a comment:

• Yellow Mage
    replied

In regards to the OP . . . duh.

Leave a comment:

• DieselBoy09
    replied

I think it would defeat the purpose of Curves if it wasn't the case Murphie, but you are correct.

Leave a comment:

• Feba
    replied

Originally posted by DieselBoy09 View Post
    So then what do you suggest to make the situation right?
    Telling people who complain to grow the hell up. If you are honestly so disturbed by a professional of one gender or another (be it an MD or a fitness trainer), you have a mental condition you should worry about before anything else. Otherwise, you're just being bitchy.

Leave a comment:

• Murphie
    replied

You folks do realize that we're only going off of Malevolent's anecdotal evidence that he personally hasn't seen any male trainers at curves (a place that I can't imagine he spends much time), and not any actual statistics or facts.

Leave a comment:

• Malevolent
    replied

EOE means EOE. Period. Also I think its very ignorant to have an estabilishment like that. I bet there's more male trainers than female trainers who know what they're doing plus more.

Funny thing my moms been to 5 different Curves and all it becomes is a gossip center. She couldn't find a place to work out at. She finally found one 2 hours from her house where she could actually find a trainer to help her and not talk to her and get her exercising.

Some of the women trainers there are very arrogant. My mom wanted to intensify her workout. After talking to her Dr. the trainer wouldn't let her go further or harder in her workout because the trainer didn't feel the need for it. In the first year she went to the curves in the cites she only lost 5 lbs. 2nd year another 5.

Honestly Curves is useless in this society.

Also i don't care who's checking my prostate...I just hope they use enough lube....

Leave a comment:

• DieselBoy09
    replied

Originally posted by Feba View Post
    Not for everyone.

Some people have more of a problem with their own gender than the opposite. Either way, it's a choice for the consumer to make (do I want a male or female trainer?), not the employer.
    I concede, it is true.
    So then what do you suggest to make the situation right? A special section that allows men and is shut off from the other side? I personally wouldn't know how to go about the situation correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Feba
    replied

I promise you around their own sex, it is easier.
    Not for everyone.

Some people have more of a problem with their own gender than the opposite. Either way, it's a choice for the consumer to make (do I want a male or female trainer?), not the employer.

Leave a comment:

• MrMageo
    replied

Haliburton: They reap the benefits of oilreconstruction in Iraq, and are a leading company in the Oil sands in canada, yet somehow the gas prices keep going up.

Leave a comment:

• DieselBoy09
    replied

Originally posted by Malevolent View Post
    They claim to be a EOE but I still don't see male trainers in there.
    I don't think it is inherently wrong to support something like that. For things as personal to people as say appearance it is understandable for them to be shut out. Say for example, if the individual is extremely self conscious, I promise you around their own sex, it is easier. Also this can be used render and environment free from the male "glance" for personal comfort, and can even be used to go along with certain lifestyle choices such as those taken by some Islamic women, or just women in general. I believe in some circumstances, it is warranted. Say for example OBGYN's, yes, if they were all women, that would be bad, but is it inherently wrong for an individual to desire to go to an OBGYN office full of women? Or say for example your prostate exam, is it wrong of you to desire your body like that to be examined by a male rather than a female?

Leave a comment:

• Murphie
    replied

I found out as soon as they started appearing. So I can't say I was mad, no.

Leave a comment:

• Malevolent
    replied

What's wrong with Curves?
    They claim to be a EOE but I still don't see male trainers in there.

EOE= Equal Opportunity Employer. For clairification.

Leave a comment:

• DieselBoy09
    replied

What's wrong with Curves?

Leave a comment:

• Malevolent
    replied

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
    I'd say the oil companies. And the tobacco companies.
    Were you mad too when you found out all the "Truth" commercials were funded by RJReynolds and other big tobbacco companies?

evilest companies...Health Insurance companies, Electric Companies, Regis Hair Salon and the Curves franchise.

not all in that order tho. I'd put Regis 1st and Curves 2nd...sexist pigs. EOE my a$$
    Last edited by Malevolent; 03-30-2008, 03:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DieselBoy09
    replied

The ones that abduct women around the world and sell them into forced prostitution. Go Israel! (who just so happens to harbor the most of these companies)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X