Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What else do you use your cell phone for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What else do you use your cell phone for?

Obviously, most of us have cell phones for making calls nowadays. But what else do you use your cellphone for?

Obviously there are the normal things-- IMing/SMS, Email, games. There are flash card programs and map programs.

But what do you use your cell phone for that most people wouldn't have thought about?

Personally, I use mine as a flash light. It's better than turning on a hall light when all you have to do is flip it open for a few seconds to see your way around. Obviously it's not bright enough for lighting up dark things to read, but it is plenty powerful enough to walk down a hall without bumping into things.

Re: What else do you use your cell phone for?

I really don't use it for anything else, because I hate my phone and want a new fancy one. And until I get a new fancy one, I will continue to not use my phone much at all.

Comment

What type of phone do you have? Mine is pretty lame (it was like $40, and I'm pretty sure there was no rebate involved) but with sites like getjar it can still do some awesome stuff.

Comment

Paperweight. My phone is too old to be useful for much else.

Comment

I'm pretty standard with mine, use it for calls and texting. It's also a nice for photos on the go, which can then be e-mailed to myself for the sake of keeping them forever.

Also, since I don't wear a watch anymore, it serves as my timepiece and alarm clock, but that's pretty normal, too, I'd guess.

I've also used mine for flashlight purposes. Definitely better than blinding myself by turning on one of the 100w bulbs. What can I say, when I'm up, I like bright light.
          sigpic
          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
            What type of phone do you have? Mine is pretty lame (it was like $40, and I'm pretty sure there was no rebate involved) but with sites like getjar it can still do some awesome stuff.
            It's a Razr.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
              Personally, I use mine as a flash light.
              So do I. I have a Sony Ericsson and it's light is really bright. I don't use it for walking down a dark path, but more for when I'm looking into my computer when working on it.

I also had a RZR before... god I hated that thing.

Comment

I use mine as an MP3 player & a Camera. It's the new LG Viewty one so its got a pretty nice megapixel and i can hold alot of music on it. Does me fine walking to work every morning and taking photos of friends and family
                x
                Name: Alkisti
                Server: Cerberus
                Job: 20BRD/10WHM.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                  It's a Razr.
                  Originally posted by Eohmer View Post
                  I also had a RZR before... god I hated that thing.
                  Don't hate. It makes calls and sends text messages, what more could you want in a cell phone?

Comment

I use my PSP as a flashlight but not my phone. The biggest thing I use my phone for his memos. It's a lot more convenient than a pad of paper and a pencil! I think my hubby bought me a Voyager for Valentines Day. LOL I have been hinting at a new phone for a while now and my son coaches him on what to get and I know my son really likes the Voyager.
                    Originally posted by Feba
                    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                    Originally posted by DakAttack
                    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
                      Don't hate. It makes calls and sends text messages, what more could you want in a cell phone?
                      It does those things just fine. I just don't like the way it does them.

Comment

It's a Razr.
                        Oh yeah, you can have some fun with that.

I personally have hated using a Razr as a phone though (it's popular enough it's hard to avoid, so I've had some friends (yes, I've had friends) lend me theirs to make calls), way too thin to be comfortable to hold onto. Also don't know how I'd be able to stand texting on those keys.

Comment

Actually, the keys are fine for texting, and the thin-ness is one of the things that drew me to it. But I want a full keyboard on my next phone, and something that doesn't flip open.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                            Actually, the keys are fine for texting, and the thin-ness is one of the things that drew me to it. But I want a full keyboard on my next phone, and something that doesn't flip open.
                            I've seen phones like that, but they always seemed pretentious.

Comment

I had a phone that didn't flip open. it was nice at first, but the flip mechanism is very much better than the "call random people whenever you walk around" feature of non-flipping phones.

Comment

Working...
                              X