Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's wrong with the world today?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: What's wrong with the world today?

    Yeah... My avatar is sweet. I thought you were going to mention my new sig... Damn
    Current Server: Asura
    Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
    Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
    Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
    Main Craft: 73 Cloth

    (Read this at a normal pace...)
    Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

    Comment


    • #62
      Re: What's wrong with the world today?

      Originally posted by Pai Pai Master View Post
      Comic books and rap music!
      I'd like to speak on that. Sadly, I sort of stay on both sides of defense. Back then (hopefully some of you know how far back), rap music wasn't what it was today. Some of you (I assume) believe it's all about sex and violence. Although, I can't fault you for that because that's your natural sense of thought from what you've seen in the rap videos. Some have half-naked girls shaking their butts, some talk about "the hood" (to be honest, some people still don't know what that EXACTLY means because people have completely different meanings about it), and some talk about violence. Yes, I believe it's wrong and young people shouldn't be exposed to this content because they may become too attached to what's going on in the video. On the other hand, I believe rap has still made a positive difference in lives and I believe everyone is seeing this this negativity rather than seeing other rap videos. Rap is such a strong genre. Some artists may express their lives through rap, some artists may make a fun and energetic dance feel to a rap song, or they may talk about life in general. Rap can be misunderstood, but, at the same time, it's misunderstood because some artists are putting out videos that seem to be changing what true rap is all about. So, like I said before, I don't blame what "others" think about rap today since a lot of negative content is revealed to them, but I wish real rap can be shown more often (yes, real rap still lives) to show it's true meaning.


      Aaliyah is more than a woman and she graduated with a 4.0 GPA (she only had 1 "C" grade ever in her life).

      I bolded and underlined the "is" just for you, Malacite.

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: What's wrong with the world today?

        Originally posted by Feba View Post
        This is why they created routers.
        A) You mean NAT
        B) NAT is horrible for this type of thing, whereas routable addresses are not.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

        HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

        loose

        Comment


        • #64
          Re: What's wrong with the world today?

          Originally posted by Akashimo View Post
          Yeah, but do we want the possibility of Khan to appear?
          Last edited by Olorin401; 12-21-2007, 12:13 PM.
          Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
          Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
          Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

          Comment


          • #65
            Re: What's wrong with the world today?

            Olorin wins 10 internets!
            Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi


            Comment


            • #66
              Re: What's wrong with the world today?

              Originally posted by Akashimo View Post
              Olorin wins 10 internets!
              The hell are you going to do with ten internets? You can buy a ten foot long frozen McDonald's french fry off of Ebay with just one. O.o

              Comment


              • #67
                Re: What's wrong with the world today?

                Originally posted by Feba View Post
                also, telera, clientcopia. google it.
                You are my new favorite person on the internetz.
                "If you keep me waiting much longer, it damn well better be the end of the Galaxy." ~ Kaidan

                ~There's gonna come a day, and I can't wait to see your face...~

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: What's wrong with the world today?

                  4chan

                  'nuff said

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Re: What's wrong with the world today?

                    Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
                    4chan

                    'nuff said
                    No, that goes beyond a world-plague.

                    That is a universe-plague. Even the aliens' societies are threatened by its mere existence and the black hole of idiocy it creates.
                    "If you keep me waiting much longer, it damn well better be the end of the Galaxy." ~ Kaidan

                    ~There's gonna come a day, and I can't wait to see your face...~

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Re: What's wrong with the world today?

                      Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
                      4chan
                      'nuff said
                      4chan is holy. *gets ready to burn the unbeliever!*
                      Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi


                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Re: What's wrong with the world today?

                        Originally posted by Akashimo View Post
                        4chan is holy. *gets ready to burn the unbeliever!*
                        You've been indoctrinated. What does it feel like being trapped in your mind?

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Re: What's wrong with the world today?

                          You lost me, for I know not of what ye speaks.
                          Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi


                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: What's wrong with the world today?

                            No, I think I would be a minority in my opinion of them
                            No, no, I agree. World would be a better place without them.

                            That is a universe-plague. Even the aliens' societies are threatened by its mere existence and the black hole of idiocy it creates.
                            Now, that's a bit harsh. Honestly, if you don't 'get' 4chan, it's not really worth commenting on. It's not about idiocy as idiocy.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Re: What's wrong with the world today?

                              I get it as much as I want to get something so... immature. I just find how people always refer to it as some 'club' with 'rules' and everyones 'anonymous' as eerily reminiscent of some pre-pubescent table fort with a dirty bed sheet for a wall and a cardboard sign. And I just can't take people seriously like that, even if they're fucking around.

                              It's a forum/website with additional nonsense. There's about oh, 230948349853490423 of those. You aren't special, you aren't unique, you're full of people who get this high off of being some Internet Mecca for.. what? Anime porn and the worst of internet stupidity? (lolfurries and all that other shit people in my parties in PSU will not shut the fuck up about.) In my experience the bigger a community is, the more full of total fucking retards it is, and the ratio seems to skew more dramatically the larger the population becomes. (This is also why I avoid Gaia and places like Alla. I was part of a uber-forum once. Too many seriously creepy males in it.)

                              As to where memes start, I wish they'd die anyway, so that just furthers my point.

                              Universe-plague. No wonder they grays keep trying to breed us out. Hell, I wouldn't even touch us with a thirty foot pole, so I salute their bravery. Not that I really believe in alien inter-breeding.
                              "If you keep me waiting much longer, it damn well better be the end of the Galaxy." ~ Kaidan

                              ~There's gonna come a day, and I can't wait to see your face...~

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Re: What's wrong with the world today?

                                Arguing is like sex to you people O.O


                                Aaliyah is more than a woman and she graduated with a 4.0 GPA (she only had 1 "C" grade ever in her life).

                                I bolded and underlined the "is" just for you, Malacite.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X