Vertigo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vertigo

Have any of you had vertigo at some point in your life? I woke up about 5 hours ago from a cat nap, shifted around and then my world just started spinning. It was the craziest thing ever. I was worried I might have developed teh brain cancer. I laid there for about an hour and things were still spinning, eventually they calmed down but the feeling still persisted and it was beginning to make me feel ill. With that in mind, I took another nap hoping it would leave just as easy as it came. It did subside for the most part, I'm no longer seeing things spin and my balance feels alright but my head still feels a bit off. I was so scared and freaked out when it started happening. So have any of you ever had this?
    Twilightrose- THF/49 WAR/24 WHM/53 BLM/32 RNG/15 BST/25 NIN/27

Re: Vertigo

I seriously think it's best for you to see your doctor to get a more professional response.

Personally, the only time I've experienced something close was when I got into a car wreck, but it subsided in a few minutes.

Comment

I would if it persisted or if I had anything right now besides slight nauseas, but as it stands I'm not that concerned. I in part think it was induced by emotional stress that I was having, kind of like a mini-panic attack sort of thing.

Comment

I had the same sort of thing when I had the flu a couple years ago... but I literally couldn't walk straight either.
        Wii Number - 2810 2423 4673 3261 - Please PM me if you add me!
        How to ask smart questions: catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Boom! (On SCH75/RDM)

Comment

Yes I have had vertigo. But never while in a sober state of mind.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
          ------
          Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
          When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

You people need to be more descriptive. I was expecting something to the degree of individual descriptions of experience. Short blurbs make my topics worthless. ^_~

Comment

The only experiences I can recall usually involve me standing up and watching (and/or feeling) my world spin. I don't have a very high tolerance to nausea and it usually makes me not feel good.

I remember this one time at an outdoor electronic musical festival, the night was dwindling to morning, and I was returning to normal state of mind. I sat down next to a campfire and just remember feeling like I could feel the Earth spin as I sat there. I'm not sure if it was vertigo or not, but it was pretty intense.

Then I slept.

P.S. For any Daks in the house: Drugs are bad, mmkayy. (just funnin')

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
              ------
              Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
              When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

i hv some of that so often but not last long (just some seconds) it hapens to me when i woke up and go out of bed or when im on bed and i step of to the WC.

Comment

Originally posted by Ameroth View Post
                  just remember feeling like I could feel the Earth spin as I sat there.
                  That's what it was like.

*edit- went to the ER after a second incident. Turns out I have an infection of some sort, everything is good and it turns out it is not teh brain cancer. They put me on motion sickness pills to my disappointment, so I guess I just have to wait till this naturally passes.*
                  Last edited by DieselBoy09; 10-30-2007, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X