Other community forum's problems are not FFXIO's problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other community forum's problems are not FFXIO's problems

So if you really love/hate Alla, KI, BG or what have you, please make a fuss on THEIR forums.

No use in bickering about their problems on here.

This isnt a mod speaking, its me as a user, i prefer FFXIO because it has none of that crap, so lets keep it that way.

Hate seeing people getting annoyed and warned HERE when the problem at hand isnt ours.
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Re: Other community forum's problems are not FFXIO's problems

Agreed. I'm tired of people derailing perfectly good threads because one person is from forum A, or such.

Comment

word.

thank you.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Absolutely, Balfree. Less discussing other forums here plz.

Comment

Don't even go to other FFXI forums. This one is good enough, ppl are friendly and helpful. This site is also very good at keeping a good temperment in most threads and doesn't derail the topic or others!

Comment

I think that's maybe taking it too far.

Comment

Well, if we banned everyone that visits other forums, FFXIO would be very peaceful.

I mean, it would also be completely empty, but still.

Comment

/agree
                Originally posted by Armando
                No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                Matthew 16:15

Comment

Ultimately, the English FFXI player community is that not large, and other FFXI forums are siblings of Dreams in Vana'diel. It's unrealistic to think that certain big news should only affect the "lesser" forums, and somehow FFXIonline can be isolated.

Instead, why not put up a guideline on how such news items can be discussed?

Also, stiffer measures for direct flaming, please. If people want to repeatedly snipe at each other, call each other names, or worse, they can do so in PMs.
                  Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                  yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                  Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                  leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Bring on the extra flame protection, seriously tho if you take a shot at a community someone is a part of they are going to take one back. That was and is the whole reason I don't post the bg drama here, the community drama as in FFXI wiki had a place here as information only.
                    [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                      Ultimately, the English FFXI player community is that not large, and other FFXI forums are siblings of Dreams in Vana'diel. It's unrealistic to think that certain big news should only affect the "lesser" forums, and somehow FFXIonline can be isolated.

Also, stiffer measures for direct flaming, please. If people want to repeatedly snipe at each other, call each other names, or worse, they can do so in PMs.
                      While what you say is true, I have one nitpick: nobody said anything about any forum being better or worse than the other: the point of this thread is, if there's drama in one forum, don't bring it to another.
                      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                      Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post

When the BG/FFXIWiki shit started appearing on the forums I moderate, we simply made the decision to lock those threads on sight and move them to the flame section for deletion. We posted our desire not to be involved with that discussion on the main forum and PMed each OP of each topic an explanation why we locked any topic about it that came up.

The reason was simple - it would end up in lines being drawn and flaming/trolling would inevitably start. Each side has their fans/fanboys and it just wasn't a constructive topic. And it had nothing to do with us or our community.

As for measures here, its pretty clear a strict definition of what "flaming" is required, in addition to what topics can take place here.

I know its work to deal with. I know you're not here to babysit, but its part and parcel of the gig sometimes.

Comment

silencing people tho is not always the answer.
                          [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

There has to be a little bit of common sense exercised (please spare me the 'common sense isn't so common' bits) though. Discussing something that affects the playerbase in general, but happens to be brought up first at another forum? We should feel free to talk about that here.

Something that happens at another forum that has nothing to do with the playerbase at large, and is really little more than loldrama? Let's not, please.

I'm not sure I agree that certain topics should be unilaterally verboten, but I'd like to (at least) think that the community here can figure out when something is out of bounds, and just. Stop. Talking. About. It.

Comment

lolBG

fk yes

Comment

Working...
                              X