Cure for cancer? YOU decide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cure for cancer? YOU decide.

Wasn't really sure where to put this, but I felt it was important, that everyone should see it. Even if you nor anyone you know suffers from cancer, I think you should read the article in it's entirety.

http://www.newscientist.com/blog/sho...or-cancer.html

If you're as bothered by this as I am, share with others. Get the word out.

Re: Cure for cancer? YOU decide.

yay for capitalism...

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Just another reason to donate to cancer charities. If you do, they can sponsor clinical trials in their partner medical groups Yay charity.

Comment

If it's so cheap to make their should just be a government-funded company that produces the midicine for the sake of curing cancer, not profit.
        Originally posted by Ellipses
        Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
        Originally posted by MCLV
        A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
        More Sig:

Comment

I don't know about other governments, but our government seems to give the most money and aid to those who don't need it (e.g. Giant Pharmaceutical Companies). It also, apparently, doesn't like cheap and effective drugs, but does like expensive, poorly-tested drugs that kill people. I don't think we can expect much help from the people who regularly suckle at the teet of Big Pharm.

Comment

I heard about this a few years back when i made a road trip from mid Minnesota into Canada. It was the common topic of conversation in canada.

I wouldn't mind picking this project up. I know the U of MN has the capabilities to do such clinical trials. Plus i have the Mayo to back me up if i make a break thru!! lol its just do I heed the education to conduct such trials?? lol nope! But i'd have a hell of a time trying to figure it out

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

Hmm. That sounds suspiciously similar to the plot for Standalone Complex.
              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Human media often imitates life. I watched parts of GITS: SAC, but I never finished the series and there were bits missing, so I probably dropped out of the series before I saw anything like this--the last episode I saw was the one where the blue tank things were having a meeting and were having trouble deciding who's memories where who's.

Comment

Goddamn. This is ridiculous. Someone better step forward and put his/her money to good use.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                    Goddamn. This is ridiculous. Someone better step forward and put his/her money to good use.
                    I say Bill Gates.

He's big on Philanthropy, and he's got enough money to make
                    Originally posted by Sabaron
                    (e.g. Giant Pharmaceutical Companies).
                    cry.

He can blow billions on xBox, he can blow billions on this.
                    Quotes

Comment

any process or steps toward a process that results in a cure will get fought and hampered throughout. there is no money in a cure to cancer but there is a ton of money in treating it.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Working...
                      X