50 stictches and still kickin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 stictches and still kickin

So tuesday before the trivial events leading up to me finding my account being suspended I was in the ER.

Long story short Never put a 42" HDTV on a desktop that can't support it...The lowdown...So my wife and I got a nice Entertainment center from a family friend and after we got it all moved in i decided to see if the TV fit in the center. So i put it in then took it out and set in on our computer desk to clean the inside of the center for dust and dirt...BAD IDEA!!! Our computer desk made of POS wood decided to start breaking and I noticed it falling so in the split second i grabbed the TV by the power cord and the top of the TV. Tried hoisting it back up i lost my balance and when i lost my footing i fell on top a boken peice of wood...and this is what i got...i nice 5 inch gapping hole in my arm down to the muscle....DAMNIT! See pic below.

and get this! Last nite i noticed a lil more swelling and about 3 inches of redness around the stictches...went back to the ER to get it checked out. I have a frickin Staph infection! So i got another shot of something last nite and was RXed cephalexin for another antibiotic i swear i'm having a bad week. Also you can see the doctor outlined the infected area...LAME!!! good thing tho...i can still hold a 120z PS2 controller in my hands so i can play FFXI! lol
    Attached Files

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Re: 50 stictches and still kickin

You, sir, are a true tank.

Comment

you don't have to show the pic >.>
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

ouch. yea man, those 42 inch tv's can be a bitch. i was helping my friend mount his... not fun.
        Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
        ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Originally posted by Jei View Post
          you don't have to show the pic >.>
          makes you a lil squimish??

Comment

Nah, we need more pictures. We need a picture of the destroyed desk, and of the new entertainment center. We need to know was it worth having your forearm shaved and stapled! haha
            Odude
            PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
            RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
            SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

I agree, more pictures.
              Twilightrose- THF/49 WAR/24 WHM/53 BLM/32 RNG/15 BST/25 NIN/27

Comment

Originally posted by tdh View Post
                Nah, we need more pictures. We need a picture of the destroyed desk, and of the new entertainment center. We need to know was it worth having your forearm shaved and stapled! haha
                Eh desk is no more my brothers and i had a bonefire last nite after dousing it with gas that desk went up in flames. but here's what the desk was like. got it at office max in Elk River, MN a few years ago. and the entertainment center was custom made by someones uncle i can't remember who but just family friends and they were moving to a smaller house becasue all their kids got older and moved out. I'll get a pic of that when i get home. My TV is the w4201c plasmafrom Dell. Dell FTW it still works perfectly too.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Malevolent View Post
                  Eh desk is no more my brothers and i had a bonefire last nite after dousing it with gas that desk went up in flames. but here's what the desk was like. got it at office max in Elk River, MN a few years ago. and the entertainment center was custom made by someones uncle i can't remember who but just family friends and they were moving to a smaller house becasue all their kids got older and moved out. I'll get a pic of that when i get home. My TV is the w4201c plasmafrom Dell. Dell FTW it still works perfectly too.
                  LOL! That's the exact same desk I have... I'll remember not to put a 42" TV on it, but I've already got an HP Laserjet 5 (archaic laser printer) and two CRT monitors on it 15" and 19" respectively.

Comment

yeah i was able to put my 17" flat screen computer monitor and my 24" LCD flat screen i use while playing PS@ and PC side by side. I even took off my smaller TV and my monitor just to put it on there and it still broke. makes me wonder were my legs gonna be crushed if i kept my monitor and TV on there any longer.....crazy

Comment

What? Couldn't get pictures pre-stitches?
                      Bravo though, way to take the sacrifice for your nice tv. Sadly, I'd probably do the same.
                      I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian View Post
                        What? Couldn't get pictures pre-stitches?
                        Bravo though, way to take the sacrifice for your nice tv. Sadly, I'd probably do the same.
                        I wish i took some myself. i asked the nurse to take one and she couldn't operate my cell phone! I almost went into shock becasue i lost a lil too much blood so i was shaking like crazy and couldn't sit still.

Comment

That first pic gave me a boner. Is that bad? >.>
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X