Are you going to vote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you going to vote?

Hey there. Just wondering who all was going to go out and vote today. I don't necessarily want to hear how you're going to vote; just if you will or not. I'm going on lunch break to vote. If you're not in the USA, my apologies for jabbering on. If you're just a wittle guy/girl and you aren't old enough to vote, make sure you do one day, just so you can earn the right to bitch about politics like the rest of us.

Want to know who I'm voting for?

Hmmm...Bull-Moose party or straight Whig ticket?

Don't tell a soul.

By the by, I'm an idiot and I can't seem to make the "poll" option work correctly. This would have been maybe a hair humorous if I had done that.

Re: Are you going to vote?

I, unfortunately, don't make the cut (by about 8 months :\ ). However, I know for sure that next election time, ESPECIALLY presidential elections, I will be voting.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
    ------
    Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
    When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

I will be voting after I leave work, my poll station is two blocks from my house so its just easier to do it on the way home.
      The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action.

sigpic

Comment

I already did. In Oregon elections are all done by mail/drop-boxes. There are no traditional polling places in most (maybe all) areas.

As disenfranchised as I've become with the process, I still felt it necessary to vote. Anyone remember when the ads were about the candidates themselves and not their opponents? My mom went down to Mississippi and Alabama recently and was amazed that most of the political ads down there were actually positive.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Meh... I've got only two choices each national/state slot... Corruption #1 or Corruption #2. What's the point? Either way I'm picking someone who, by all rights, should not be allowed in public office because they are (1) in bed with Corporations X, Y, and Z, (2) Skim money from campaign funds, (3) swap bribes with lobbyists, (3) have "inappropriate relations" with the staff, (4) Pork up every bill they ever draft, (5) Shout "Freedom" at the top of their lungs (ala Braveheart) but in practice only serve to take away the remaining freedoms we have...

If the following option were on the ballot, I'd vote:

No Confidence

Comment

Eticket, if you mom would have stayed a little north she would have seen how bad the ads were for Tennessee. I don't quite understand this:
            y mom went down to Mississippi and Alabama recently and was amazed that most of the political ads down there were actually positive.
            Were there a lot of bad ads down here? I can't recall any atm.
            Thanks Kazuki.
            Dragoon Equipment

Comment

In California where she lives the ads are terrible. Every ad is about the opponent and what they did wrong. It's the same way here in Oregon. She was surprised because a lot of the ads she saw in the south were about the candidates themselves and not about their opponents.

Comment

I'm at college, so I really don't care about elections right now. When I graduate and this stuff is going to actually have an effect on me, I'll muster myself to the booth.
                ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
                  I'm at college, so I really don't care about elections right now. When I graduate and this stuff is going to actually have an effect on me, I'll muster myself to the booth.
                  changes in policy don't happen overnight. the stuff you don't vote on today is most likely what will affect you when you get out.

Comment

I remember when I was in college, I got registered to vote in the college town I lived in. Since the university was the biggest thing in town, most of what the elected officials did affected us.
                    Thanks Kazuki.
                    Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
                      In Michigan, a lot of the issues on the ballot are about education. One of which benefits college students. (College students that stay in state and work during their time off from school may quality for interest free school loans. That's one of the many proposals for education going on right now.)

I voted before work. Fortunately I don't start work until noon, so I had plenty of time to head over to the elementary school around the corner, vote, and then still have time to run errands before work.
                      Odude
                      PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                      RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                      SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Well, just got back from voting. Most of the positions on the ballot were judges (we elect them in Texas...) and most of them didn't have an opponent to run against.

I wonder what Mog will think when he gets the letter telling him the one write-in vote he got for District Judge #8798729347B wasn't enough to get him elected.

Comment

Originally posted by Hantz View Post
                          Well, just got back from voting. Most of the positions on the ballot were judges (we elect them in Texas...) and most of them didn't have an opponent to run against.
                          I wonder what Mog will think when he gets the letter telling him the one write-in vote he got for District Judge #8798729347B wasn't enough to get him elected.
                          Hahaha... there were a bunch of those on mine too. I live in a very small town in the Portland metro area. The mayor was listed on the ballot. I didn't even know we had a mayor. >.>

The big thing for me is the ballot measures anyway. Those usually have a larger impact then the politicians themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Hantz View Post
                            XD. True, this stuff could ultimately effect my kids in the future. >.>;;;

Call me lazy x.x
                            ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I just did.
                              If you're 18+ gtfo and vote.
                              Seriously, it takes 10 minutes TOPS and is much more importent than a stupid video game.
                              In other news, that Daily Show and Colbert Report combo live show special thing tonight should be great no matter how the election turns out. \o/

fk yes

Comment

Working...
                              X