Hobbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobbies

My grandpa is complaining that I'm not doing anything. All I do is play video games, watch TV, read a book, and browse the internet. Well, I would get a hobby, but I have no money. Like, at all. I might get some money from my mom for one, but still. I need a hobby. I am looking towards Guitar (even though I'm not a rock fan) or Aikido. So, any ideas would be apreciated. Thanks.

Re: Hobbies

Maybe a job? That usually takes up a good chunk of your day. That and plus sports.

Comment

You're 25 and asking a question like this? I may seem like a cold guy, but get a job, go to school (if you aren't already). Once you start doing that, join a few clubs, meet people at parties, get another job, etc..

btw...do you live with your grandpa? I think he would be a lot more proud of you if you rented an apartment and worked full-time.
      ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Yea get a job, get your own flat. As you have no money I'm just going with you live with your grandpa. If your looking after him fair do's but even a part time job would get you outa the house and earning money, make him happy. You could always just go running or something tho. Dog walking, get fit and make money.
        75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
        Woodworking 91.9+2
        ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

I don't think anybody can really suggest any "good" hobbies, since it's all an opinion anyway.
          Generic Info!

Comment

FFXI is my hobby. But I have a few others too. I spend a lot of time out and about with friends, I work out, I read (a lot), I do quite a bit of writing for work and for fun, and I generally just make the most of my time. I mean, I do have my lazy patches (who doesn't?) but those always pass.

Then again, everyone's situation is unique, so without more information on what you like and don't like, and what kind of resources you have available to you, it's hard to give you any advice. A hobby that works for me might not work for you and vice versa. But if you need to resort to borrowing money to get involved with a hobby, then your real focus needs to be gainful employment so that you can independently fund your hobbies. Seriously.

Comment

Go get a gf and a job, he'll stop complaining. Mine did.
              Twilightrose- THF/49 WAR/24 WHM/53 BLM/32 RNG/15 BST/25 NIN/27

Comment

Wait...I'm 25?

Hm...interesting. Actually I'm 15.

Comment

Well, then a job probably shouldn't be too big a focus right now (not that you couldn't find something part time in a year or so). I started working at 14, and I haven't stopped since. Making your own living is pretty awesome.

But really, school is more of a priority for you right now. Honestly, your grandfather should probably just mind his own business. But that's kind of mean of me.

Comment

Your birthday was 1981 before
                    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Yeah, I just noticed it. Must have been a typo, or I thought you had to be 18 here and made a false birthdate. Well, I'm really looking into an Acoustic Guitar. Luckily for me, there's a school near me.

Comment

Working...
                      X